101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Same thing's been happening with programming over the past decade, where anything that's not simple tends to hit the language barrier and leave native English speakers in work, but I imagine they've stolen a fair chunk of the low end.

Good for them. The real problem's our high cost of living.
  • Working Not Working was always gonna end up this way. Build a brand, sell out, let the new owners drag it down to the lowest common denominator. It’s the modern American dream.
  • People that have their phone physically vibrate for every email, text, fb interaction, IG like, comment, repost, DM, IM, fucking everything. No moderation on it at all.

Fucking howling sleep I've had. Cheers, missus' IG business and numerous group chats.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Urgh. My phone is on mute always. ALWAYS. Vibrates for work calls thats it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    People that have their phone physically vibrate for every email, text, fb interaction, IG like, comment, repost, DM, IM, fucking everything. No moderation on it at all.

Fucking howling sleep I've had. Cheers, missus' IG business and numerous group chats.

Probably one not to bring up just before Valentine’s Day.

Actually, put tomorrow on the list, for couples anyway.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No vibrate phone is always on silent. Watch picks up anything important.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    3 words Guiness Foreign Extra

Millenium NYE, a few crates of that and some super proper champagne, the best black velvets I'd ever had, on Brac looking back across the bay at Split, not the way I wanted to spend it, but hey ho, we made the best, thanks Major Cann
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I had to search the last page wondering what I posted last night after that post, cheers cocko.
  • waiting for a call back from insurance company to switch policy.
    spent most of yesterday afternoon on phone sorting quotes and cancelling old policies etc. Had a couple of bits of info unavailable at the time so needed to come back today to finish up. they pressed it to be asap, said i'd be their 'first call of the day'....and now i've been sat waiting around for over half an hour. you know full well they'll ring as soon as i decide to give up and get on with something useful for the day
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Insurance companies are the worst cunts. Every year like clockwork I spend an hour on the phone with them as they try to justify increasing their price, and every time they eventually say ok I'll speak to my manager (they most likely watch YouTube for 5 minutes to pass the time) then come back with a reduced price which coincidentally happens to be a special promotion that ends today.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's always been the way. Had the same recently on my car insurance. I don't even bother with the call anymore. Just jump straight onto the comparison portal, get the best price and go with that. Saved £250 this year.
  • My renewal quote’s been the cheapest option for the last two years. Saved me a bit of faff but also makes me worried something’s wrong with the cover.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Do they work on a Sunday or will they just wait til Monday?

Changed insurer this year and saved 50%. 3 days later my cat converter was stolen for €1500 claim so I'll probably end up paying the same in the long run.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • A cat convertor sounds like something our Yoss would endorse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I had to search the last page wondering what I posted last night after that post, cheers cocko.

sorry, that was the first interesting post I saw on the unread stuff
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I still think our government should force insurers to return the majority at the end of each year if you haven't claimed. So a youngish, high-risk driver might have to pay £1k or whatever, but they'd get £800-900 back, while the insurer gets to use their money for the year.

When I was young I was quoted £7k for a 205 GTi when minters were 4-5. This year I paid £150 for a pretty fast bike.
  • On shopping around.
    It is a pain but worthwhile setting a day aside to do. Also threaten to leave companies and see what you can get.

This year I have...

Cut my Virgin media bill down from £80 to £55 without losing any services by threatening to leave.

Cancelled two insurance premiums I was convinced to take out when getting my mortgage that I'm not contractually obliged to have saving £55 per month. Also realised they were charging me double for a year and got a £600 refund.

Played two accountancy firms against each other. Ended up staying with my current accountant with a 45% reduction.

Cut my mobile contract down from £29 to £10 for 6 months then £20 for 12 months with an extra 85gb of data and a 6 month sub of choice (I went with Cafeyn magazine library).

In March last year I got a free month of Adobe Creative Cloud saving £45 (Someone here pointed me to that, maybe poprock). Went on again last month and did the same and was offered a reduction from £45 to £24 for 12 months.

Right now I think companies are a bit desperate and retention is key. Save yourselves some pounds.
  • The hunt for the PS5 is getting silly now. Its been a comedy of errors with me since launch. Narrowly missing out or circumstances conspiring against me. This week was the latest example. Smyths had been dropping at around 8am on a Saturday morning the last two Saturdays. So I set alarms, go to bed at a reasonable hour etc. I naturally wake in the morning and shit myself. My phone was inexplicably turned off. And it was 10 to 8. Phew. So I rested a little and waited for the alarm. Which didnt go off for some reason. Crazy. I just got up at that point anyway and there was no stock in Smyths that day. Of course.

It being lockdown and me with a 5 month old, I was in the house virtually all day. Except for a 20minute window. And guess what, in that time another shop dropped stock. You needed to get in an online chat with a staff member and give your details and boom you got it. I saw the alerts just before I started driving home, tried on my phone and nope it wasnt working. Course by the time I got home to the pc stock was long gone.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Wifey bought a Norton antivirus thing for 3 devices.  Trying to enter the product key on our laptop as the last one expired in Jan, but it requires me to enter billing details to progress (after inputting the product key).  It does say so in the fine print on the Norton Card I'm holding in fairness, but the reason I buy these things is to avoid putting any payment details anywhere unnecessary.  You can cancel the auto-renew immediately, apparently, but I don't want to add them in the first place.  Tempted to bin it.
  • (I know 'Norton is shit', but I'm a creature of habit)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah you can just turn off the auto renewal and delete the bank details.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've had Norton for years and it's ok.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    (I know 'Norton is shit', but I'm a creature of habit)

It's good. It got called shit because it was a resource hog. I think it's better now.
  • Harry and Meghan.
    I support their right to fuck off so off may they fuck rather than lingering like a bad smell.
    Likewise the media need to lower their boner.
  • I thought they fucked off already? Did they do a comeback tour and are fucking off again?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They had a baby, they released a photo to the press, the press decided to plaster it over their front pages while lambasting Harry and Meghan for having the temerity to want to choose what they want to make public rather than shutting up and accepting the press violating their privacy at will.
  • Im under no illusion, the press are far worse here.
    The Meghan court case was the right thing to happen with right conclusion.

The pregnancy announcement well its both there, they want to announce their news but there is a public interest there.

The couple are also doing an expose all interview with Oprah however. Not the actions of people who want to be out of the media even if I can see the arguments for wanting to tell their side.

Ultimately though Im just sick and tired of hearing anything about them no matter who is to blame and given it is the 101 thread I will reserve the right to hope they fuck off.
  • Young ’uns talking about ‘self care’ and ‘wellness’. 

It’s just ‘buying things that make you happy’, stop trying to make out you’re doing something profound.

“An expensive candle and a bar of posh chocolate. #selfcare”
    Fuck off. It’s just plain old consumerism.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!