101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    It does annoy me when I am called to another part of the house for something which turns out to be answering a question that she could have come and asked me wherever I was.

Oh yea?

Edit- @Kow

I see what u did there

• Andy wrote:
    Selfish pricks doing backstroke during a busy public session.

Why’s that selfish? Surely, in a public session, they should be allowed to swim in whatever stroke they choose?
  • I’ve just stumbled into this thread and feel like I have enough to rant about after the week I’ve had to take over this place
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Andy wrote:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The older I get the more I just want to move to a small cabin in the woods miles from civilisation and survive on what I hunt
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The older I get the more I just want to move to a small cabin in the woods miles from civilisation and survive on what I hunt
  • Andy wrote:

Why’s that selfish? Surely, in a public session, they should be allowed to swim in whatever stroke they choose?

I'm on a public train so am allowed to fart or sing or swear if I choose, I think, but it's bad form. I imagine a person flailing their arms behind them where they can't see is similarly bad form in a busy swimming pool?
  • Agree with NMD, especially the train comment, I've lost count of the times on the packed train to work when it's full sardines mode that someone just drops a fucking fart that smells like death, fuck you guy, would it kill you to just hold onto that until we get off the train. We all out here on our daily grind just trying to do our best and you think we want to start the day sniffing particles of shit out of the air for half an hour? 

Which ties into Andy's feeling on people acting like selfish cunts in a public environment, just because there's no sign up saying "DON'T BE A CUNT PLS, THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE HERE THAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER."
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Truss' me not if it smells you just opened a portal to hell it isn't.

You can look around the carriage when it happens and see the other people silently outraged scanning the crowd to try and see who it was. One day we'll catch the person in the act and you'll know because they will have to report the first ever public lynching carried out in a train carriage on the 6:46 to Waterloo.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Trailer for The First instantly followed by one for First Man. Lunar biopics really are like London buses.
  • And Anders Brevik films.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I'm on a public train so am allowed to fart or sing or swear if I choose, I think, but it's bad form. I imagine a person flailing their arms behind them where they can't see is similarly bad form in a busy swimming pool?

Bingo. During a busy public session, if you’re swimming lengths, you’re having to avoid other people swimming lengths, but without the benefit of a set swim-on-the-left rule you have in a lengths session, and you’re also avoiding the people just generally larking about; the kids, the parents. I have no issue with the general users; it’s a minor inconvenience, but I’m interrupting them just as much as they’re interrupting me as we navigate around each other. The backstroke pricks, though? They’re not making way for anyone. They’re breenging through, expecting everyone to get out of their way, making no adjustments for anyone. They’re also doing the stroke that takes up the most sideways room, so that the other swimmers doing lengths have to deviate even further to avoid collision.

If you want to do backstroke, go to a lengths session, and go when it’s quiet.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just bought a new belt for my turntable - working great. But now one of the inputs on the phono stage of my amplifier has packed in and only getting sound from the left speaker.  Identified it by eliminating everything else. Both cables work in the left input - neither work when plugged into the right input.

Everything OK with the CD player so I know the speakers are OK.

Checked fuses etc inside and they are OK.  :(

Will need to take it to a repair shop (have had it for over 20 years and quite attached to it).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Bingo. During a busy public session, if you’re swimming lengths, you’re having to avoid other people swimming lengths, but without the benefit of a set swim-on-the-left rule you have in a lengths session, and you’re also avoiding the people just generally larking about; the kids, the parents. I have no issue with the general users; it’s a minor inconvenience, but I’m interrupting them just as much as they’re interrupting me as we navigate around each other. The backstroke pricks, though? They’re not making way for anyone. They’re breenging through, expecting everyone to get out of their way, making no adjustments for anyone. They’re also doing the stroke that takes up the most sideways room, so that the other swimmers doing lengths have to deviate even further to avoid collision. If you want to do backstroke, go to a lengths session, and go when it’s quiet.

A pool I used to go to had 2 lanes closed off during open sessions for those wanting to just do lengths.
  • davyK wrote:
    Just bought a new belt for my turntable - working great. But now one of the inputs on the phono stage of my amplifier has packed in and only getting sound from the left speaker.  Identified it by eliminating everything else. Both cables work in the left input - neither work when plugged into the right input. Everything OK with the CD player so I know the speakers are OK. Checked fuses etc inside and they are OK.  :( Will need to take it to a repair shop (have had it for over 20 years and quite attached to it).

Get yourself a multimeter, open it up and check continuity on various components to see if you can find a faulty component. Check for bad looking solder joints too.

My Dad had an intermittent issue with his stage keyboard that turned out to be a power transistor that was hanging loose. Resoldering it sorted it out.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Used my meter to confirm the internal fuses are OK. Tried checking some components but I'm a bit hamfisted and there are a lot of resistors near the inputs that are teeny tiny. Even if I identified the component I'm not competent with a soldering iron :(

Owning a meter is recommended when you are an arcade cabinet owner - have used it to troubleshoot an issue I had with mine back in January when I took delivery of it.  But I was just following instructions from the suppler (identified an incorrect voltage which indicated a faulty power supply). Not really skilled electronics-wise - something I'd like to work on.
  • So quite often in work, I'll have to push/pull heavy loads about. Laundry in cages, cardboard in taller cages, big industrial sized bins and medical waste bins, and pallet movers with a load of boxes of medical supplies on them.

Pretty much all of these are on casters, or small wheels, and therefore make a bit of noise as you push/pull them. You know what I mean. They rattle about. They are noisy at times.

What fucking gets me, is not only the moronic deaf fucks who take up the middle of the corridor you're going down, until you have to shout "excuse me pal!" and they turn round and get a fright cos that's them just noticed it, like I'm fucking Solid Snake with a pallet of shit. It's the groups of nurses/civvies who'll stand yapping away about Mary down the street's new conservatory or whatever the fuck, who'll then get irritated and look round at me with a wtf who's making all that racket face cos the noise I'm making means they can't hear each other. We'll ex-fucking-cuse fucking me. Tell ye what I'll do, I'll go at a fucking snails pace, taking wee tippy toe steps all the way. In fact, not even that, here's what I'll do for ya. I'll defy the laws of ffffffucking physics and gravity and fucking levitate myself and my cargo, shall I? Fucking float down the corridor so you and Janet and Sandra and Betty can spend more time doing absolutely fuck all all day while us schlepps keep on schlepping, you rude inconsiderate fucks. Not like I'm pushing laundry that needs to get fucking washed so people don't get ebola off three week old used jammies and sheets. Not like I'm pushing bins so the hospital can stay clean. Not like I'm fucking pushing fucking vital medical supplies and fucking prescriptions so people can fucking stop being in fucking pain, or not fucking die, is it? Fucking IS IT?!

Fuck me.

/tucker
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    and breathe.
  • Burn them.
    Burn them all.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm a generally chill guy unless you're rude and the amount of rudeness I experience from the staff in there just cos I didn't go to uni and wear scrubs is absolutely unreal. Honestly gets to me sometimes.

Twice today I had a patient in a wheelchair and spotted a nurse just ahead going into the ward we're heading for, shouted to ask to keep the door open and twice got absolutely fucking ghosted.
  • People who say 'chill' instead of 'chilled'.
  • Excuse my flippant response to Gav's real grievances :(
  • I meant chilli. I just really like chilli.

Er..
  • People who like chilli.

Sorry I'm just trolling now :)
  • Just don't pronounce it chillehh.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Not on its own. It's absolutely fine to suggest Netflix and chillehh though.
  • Narcos? Or is that Columbiaaa?
  • In my mother in law's caravan for a few days. Once again, her stance on which foodstuff requires refrigeration is doing my head in. She just checked if some fish sticks were still ok to eat (from the fridge, mercifully, but if she's thought to check they'd be well out by now), and after deciding they were, immediately fed one to my daughter. Presumably because we had words about not feeding her boiled sweets earlier ('don't give her boiled sweets please, she's a bit young for them' didn't do the trick last time). I'm off for a smoke, fuck this. Hopefully she'll eat the sausage rolls that have been in her cupboard since she bought them on Sunday. Then complain about her guts, again, and tell me - again - that it's unusual for her guts to be mangled.
  • My mum has a silimar thing. When items from Iceland etc clearly state COOK FROM FROZEN, she thinks aye nae bother I'll leave them on the counter to defrost for hours like its a portion of last weeks homemade soup. Drives me insane.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!