Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You know, I really don't mind the whole hacking thing. Having tried it last night, it's pretty tricky to get right. Feels great when you do it though. 

I love Conflict as a game mode, Killzone 3 did it first (I think), but it's better executed in this. It'd work brilliantly in Battlefield.

The maps on this are top notch though. Plenty of cover but rarely can you dominate an area with the enemy having some chance of clawing it back. This is partly due to the 'detected' thang- I honestly think it keeps the whole thing glued together. 

Please stay solid netcode, I want to play more.
  • I think when detected pops up, the key is to just sit tight and cover your area. I need to tame the urge to push on, too many times I'm flanking while detected and I'm this easy Ready Brek target. My brain is getting accustomed to the controls too, instead of reverting to BF3's.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • is it possible to set a MP game up with just me playing? I'd like to get to know the maps better without having to worry about the game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This is why I had to back out, Ghost Recon: Spectrum Edition.

• I'm gonna go on for a bit now
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's a funny old game online. One minute you want to put the pad through your TV, then a handful of lobby changes later it runs smoothly and you get a number of tight, fun games.
  • I'm not convinced that it ever runs smoothly, sometimes you're the beneficiary of the net-code rather than the victim, that's all.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sorry Carbon, I'm not playing that. Frantic and Webbins must be high on optimism to be enjoying that mess. 

Nothing has changed from the beta so I still can't get past the issues I had with that. Detected, shot through cover, kill cam shows he missed anyway. Odd game. I'd have thought the fact that it was my first game would see me floundering at the bottom of the leaderboard being carried by the rest of the team as they knew the maps/modes and had unlocked all the fancy kit, but incredibly I managed to top our team. Bit of a shambles all round.

I love the campaign and guerilla mode though, and that's the main reason I bought it so I'll stick to that in the future. Not sure about tonight though as I'm watching the Olympics.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I can't believe that a game as 'new' as this isn't even in the top 20 anymore (of games played on Live), Ubi must be gutted.
  • Too many variables need to work out to get a good game. First is a squad, if that fails you're relying on the quality of the randoms. Once you have that then it's the lottery of the matchmaking. Frantic and I got really lucky last night. I detest the 'detected' but it's knowing how to play it, dig in and cover your area and let it pass. Unfortunately it can be activated far too often and it tends to kill the flow.

The barrier for entry is far too high for this, the techno slant and lack of DM scare off the the headless chicken brigade and they revert back to BF and COD.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yeah, the MP can bugger off.

Campaign on hardest setting sometime maybe?
  • ...aaaand we're done with the MP. A true lowpoint in the history of netcode was plumbed tonight. Didn't even need the Americans to spoil it, as invincible Brits that laugh off a shotgun blast to the face from five yards before ambling over to gut you like a fish, managed perfectly well on their own.

I can recognise the decent players, those that have mastered the controls and grace the battlefield with tactical aplomb, but I also recognise bullshit and the MP on this is sinking into a overflowing barrel full of the stuff.
  • Gotta say I'm really enjoying this. Played through the campaign on Elite and was nicely taxing throughout. Now the multiplayer is proving to have some legs too, although nothing more frustrating than being the only engineer/rifleman with five scouts sitting on a bridge working on nothing but their K/D ratios. Still, as it ever was, I suspect.
  • Yes the campaign is one of the better military game campaigns of late. I've dipped back in to the mp despite my above protestations. If you can get lucky with the matchmaking and get a mostly local lobby, there is fun to be had.
  • Enjoyed the time on Guerilla last night, not being able to play the campaign co-op was annoying though. Couldn't see anything on their forum about in amongst all the posts moaning about the MP. Worth bearing this in mind with whatever comes next from Ubisoft. Their net-code can make EA and Activision look slick.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't know about EA, but Activision can't be faulted in terms of keeping your party together and getting into games.

Last night was a joke, 45 minutes trying to play a campaign mission before we gave up. Unbelievable. I'm not too keen on Gorilla mode either.
  • well from the menu alone it makes it obvious that this isnt for the Billy's amongst us although thats what I am.

its the blandest most uncompromising shit i've played in a while. Despite the occasional highlight the visuals are really out-dated. The HUD is bizarre -random text dumps all over the augmented reality world? They've dumped down this series with every iteration but the illogical HUD and the seriously appalling 'banter' in the cut scenes is crazy.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Agreed. There's still an enjoyable game to be found despite all that nonsense, but as you can see above you can't actually get it to work most of the time. It's a shame as lining up headshots for a synchronous four way shot is great fun.

Odd that Frantic mentioned this while we were playing Halols tonight, then someone bumps the thread.
  • They should have removed the cut scenes, terrible stuff in every way.
  • Its frustrating, as like you say Paul, it is enjoyable in parts. Again, to agree, the headshot syncing is nice although jarred by the easy placing of enemies within the level.

Currently on a night mission at the airport. I like the 'cant sound the alarm' missions but they are unforgiving. Doubt ill complete the game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah those stealth missions are the best bits, when the games lets you do some Recon before offing enemies without them realising you're there like a Ghost. The other bits are just poor man's CoD, and fuck CoD, it's infecting every FPS that comes out now. Really depressing.
  • Cant really blame something thats popular. Its the idiots that think they can create a shit version of whats popular and smack it up the arse of their own game.
  • MP should have been great but smacks of late of gen complacency. Terrible netcode undermines what is a decent framework, DETECTION can get tae, otherwise needs a full squad of likeminded souls to get the best from it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!