Reasons to be cheerful
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They do support their phones and tablets with software updates far longer than almost any of their competitors, to be fair.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Their infrastructure for mobile apps really is very good too. But fuck them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Things that need to happen for Apple to be less evil:

1. Repairability needs to improve dramatically
    2. Upgradability needs to improve dramatically
    3. Abuse of dominant App Store position needs to stop
    4. Abuse of closed shop OS APIs needs to stop
    5. Fucking improve the webcam on laptops you cheap shits
    6. Stop pulling shit like this: new iPad Pro not compatible with old magic keyboard

OK so people who spent £300whateverthefuck on the "magic" keyboard possibly deserve to be fleeced, but to not have a ridiculously expensive peripheral work with the one-version-up of the iPad Pro is just nasty
  • You'll get weirdo Apple defenders defending these business practices. The reality is they are the most profitable company in the world, and simply do not need all these hundreds of billions of dollars (a lot of which is in actual hard cash!). Maximising profit just because that's the capitalist way doesn't seem very forward-thinking
  • Got a day off on Friday so we're gonna pop into town. Gonna visit my fave coffee place, go round some shops, then we've a table booked at the brilliant Indian gaff Chaakoo. Will probably shed some happy tears at the coffee and the food. When people were wishing to get back to the pub or gym or whatever, this was what was on my mind. Proper, well-made coffee from a trained person using the best beans in the world imo, and some top class butter chicken and spicy fries. Honestly so excited, proper giddy here.

So yeah, v cheerful.
  • Excellent.
    You have thoroughly earned it.
  • Got a day off on Friday so we're gonna pop into town. Gonna visit my fave coffee place, go round some shops, then we've a table booked at the brilliant Indian gaff Chaakoo. Will probably shed some happy tears at the coffee and the food. When people were wishing to get back to the pub or gym or whatever, this was what was on my mind. Proper, well-made coffee from a trained person using the best beans in the world imo, and some top class butter chicken and spicy fries. Honestly so excited, proper giddy here. So yeah, v cheerful.

Is this the place by the station?  That’s where i get my beans now.  Proper good stuff.
  • It sure is buddy. Can't wait!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Excellent.
    You have thoroughly earned it.
    +3000

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • It sure is buddy. Can't wait!

Exquisite coffee. Enjoy and make the most of it all.
  • My new (L shaped!) sofa has arrived after a nine week wait and it's pretty comfy. I love how angry the delivery drivers were getting it through the door.

I've also told my wife we bought one with the L the wrong way round, didn't realise you could change it manually so I've assembled it with the left side sticking out for a photo. Weak humour but I've had my fun.
  • My hangover has finally cleared.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Going on chess.com pissed is my fave thing. I do so awful and so good. I think drunk chess should be a thing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I heard about chess boxing the other day.  One round of boxing, followed by a number of chess moves,  followed by a round of boxing, more chess, more boxing. Would like to see.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Typing this in the Quest's browser, sat in the car ready to play Demeo whilst waiting for Dominique's nails to be done.

Thank you first world toys.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • My partner passed her PhD viva last week with minor corrections. Amazing stuff. That she's done it over the last two years with a baby and in the midst of a pandemic makes it even more amazing. And the day after her viva a possibility of a post-doc in the UK has emerged which would be fantastic.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Congrats to her - great stuff!
  • Nice work
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Congrats to her, Scout - that’s great news.
  • Awesome stuff! That's a hell of an achievement.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Thanks chaps.
  • FINALLY some good news.
  • We took a trip to the seaside and it was sunny!

oPbUUoR.jpg

• I'm just home from Bray.

And it was bloody freezing.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Ah it wasn't too bad when we were there around two. A chilly wind but the sun was warm enough to make up for it.

We weren't there too long tbf as we have a cranky 6 month old and also about 75% of the reason we were in Bray is that Box Burger have a full vegan menu. It's not often we get to stuff our faces with that kind of food.

Bray seemed nice though so we'd definitely go back for more of a wander.
  • We got there about 6 so it had cooled down. To complete the opposite experience, I got a massive mixed kebab in Kebab Palace on the way home!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Are the arcades still there in Bray? I remember going there after my first communion in 1982 and playing Battlezone.
    Actually, it was my confirmation now that I think about it.
  • It's massively reduced with more of a leaning towards grabbers, coin pushers and games that give tokens. Shuttered at the mo due to Covid .
  • Why put road markings on a pavement and then not allow cyclists? What are they there for?

Thread mood thoroughly ruined.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!