Fancy a pint?
  • Pro tip.
    Never go to Canal125 around the corner from Kings Cross.

Went last night to see my mates Edinburgh warm up. The staff are the worst I have ever experienced.
    None of them knew who was next, they were slow, watched them have a chat for 20 minutes after they told me a barrel needed changing. After the gig I offered to buy my mate a drink. Three of us stood at the bar, only other person was the person being served, a guy walks up to the bar and gets served immediately.
    When the barmaid did serve me she didn't say a word, just looked at me until I ordered.
    My housemate got there before me and mentioned he was being ignored at the bar, thought he was being precious, but he was bang on.
    Oh and 3 of the 4 staff can't pull a pint.
  • Me and some old housemates were briefly in the habit of having a pint of Guinness with a shot of Tia Maria and a shot of port in. Dangerous stuff!

I'm a sucker for pubs by water with big outside bits. The prospect of Whitby in wapping. The Palm tree(?) in Mile End. The old ship in Hammersmith and Theres a good one on the canal in Westbourne Park I forget the name.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The Canalhouse and Navigation in Nottingham were both very good for that
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • weadre wrote:
    Me and some old housemates were briefly in the habit of having a pint of Guinness with a shot of Tia Maria and a shot of port in. Dangerous stuff! I'm a sucker for pubs by water with big outside bits. The prospect of Whitby in wapping. The Palm tree(?) in Mile End. The old ship in Hammersmith and Theres a good one on the canal in Westbourne Park I forget the name.

Crate Brewery, man. Fantastic beer and pizza to boot.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I miss Madrid. Nothing compares to getting fed because you ordered a wee drink.

My two locals are ace. One boasts the most intimate of beer gardens...

858MVyn.jpg

The other is from another planet...

sLIY8QU.jpg
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Where's that? Don't recognise it. Malasaña somewhere?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No you won't, they're my Locals as in here in Liverpool!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That explains that then.
  • I was fooled. Fuckin instagram colours innit.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Zero Tolerance Shrugs makes sense now though.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Glad that didn't take long... :D
  • Peter Kavanaghs is top, caught the Long Finger Bandits in there a few weeks back. Was well good.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bittles Bar, Belfast

7922754228_51d3f484c7_b.jpg

bit1.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Crown Bar,Belfast.  One of the last Gin Palaces.

prd_4321537__crown_bar_for_web.JPG
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Crown Bar,Belfast.  One of the last Gin Palaces. prd_4321537__crown_bar_for_web.JPG

That's a nice looking bar.
  • I've been there!
  • I think I've been to Beano's other world pub
  • pub in manc claiming to be the smallest in europe. It was tiny
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!