The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • What the fuck just happened?!?

I killed Mom and got a door way opened. It was just a long long sequence of dual boss fights... I cleared it but only just. Properly tense, is that usual? Never seen it before. In other news I've not killed moms heart in over a week and today with azazel I've done it 4 times! One time was with a mental build that had full screen laser bombs similar to your vid rouj. The game kept giving me more bombs and each room was a one bomb victory. Was odd as the I got all the items on the first section so basically walked it in 8 minutes. Wish had made a notnof the seed now.

What a game!
  • If you want to know to get that room:
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Glad you're loving it mate, one of the GOATS

Rouj is streamng it right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
  • I usually play it every stream, but the stream schedule is in the toilet at the moment because real life is going a bit bonkers.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So it tells me that I have unlocked the blue womb... well, I've managed to clear the game to at least moms heart 5 times today since he message and the womb hasn't been blue once... what am I not doing? Also, managed a beast build today and on the second floor got 5 x D5 room which meant I was mega powered again. Am I just getting lucky or is the game slightly kinder the more it's completed?
  • Google is your pal, bud: "It is accessed by defeating Mom's Heart or It Lives! within 30 minutes. Leaving and re-entering the Boss Room after the timer has reached 30 minutes will make the entrance to the Blue Womb disappear. If the player is fast enough, both Boss Rush and Blue Womb can be completed in a single run."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So it tells me that I have unlocked the blue womb... well, I've managed to clear the game to at least moms heart 5 times today since he message and the womb hasn't been blue once... what am I not doing? Also, managed a beast build today and on the second floor got 5 x D5 room which meant I was mega powered again. Am I just getting lucky or is the game slightly kinder the more it's completed?

You're unlocking new stuff ergo some new stuff will be OP, hence better runs
  • I've been trying to fight Mega Satan for a while but no luck yet. It's quite frustrating because I often get really good item combinations... Any tips?
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ask @Roujin who he recommends.
  • I've been trying to fight Mega Satan for a while but no luck yet. It's quite frustrating because I often get really good item combinations... Any tips?

Not really many tips, Chest is the best path to take rather than Dark Room imo because of the extra guaranteed items you can get.

Other than that its just a case of getting the angel rooms after boss fights. You can get them to appear on subsequent floors instead of the evil rooms if you go into a devil room and don't pick any of the items up. Or you can get that Duality item, or was it called Equilibrium, that forced a devil and angel room to appear after a boss fight.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Cool, so at least I'm not doing anything wrong... I'll keep my fingers crossed next time.
  • I managed to get the two key pieces on my latest run, but it seems I used the D4 too much... not the best time to find out it's a known bug...
    "When the D4 has rerolled through all items it will eventually remove all of them upon use."
    https://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/D4
  • Finally beat mom. I assume there’s a lot more to this than just getting to her though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That’s basically the beginning, aye
  • Cool. I’m going back in.
  • I'm annoyed I missed this in the current Switch sale. Not that I need more game ATM but full price is still a bit steep. Next time Gadget!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I got it for $20 in the US shop a while ago. 40 hours later and it's still amazing. I've got 5 of the endings ticked off on the list, still a lot to go (the list shows 19).

I'm doing a mix between challenges and main game runs since I've done mom the first time. Works pretty well. Had my first completion with Cain yesterday, I usually pick random to start a run and Cain has usually been very weak, so that felt good. No Bible either.

I really wish Isaac would allow video capture on the Switch, but it doesn't. I'm still making loads of screenshots of all my pretty creations.
  • POST THEM HERE NINA! I need that Isaac content to feel young again since I hung up my tears.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll see what I can do. Posted a couple to Twitter but that's about it.

How far did you go with the game? Completed all challenges? Were there new challenges somewhere after that?
    End game spoiler
    Spoiler:

I need at least one good run with a full grown Bumbo, and some of the more ridiculous combinations. I've had a couple good ones so far, but nothing too crazy yet.
  • I 100%'d one save file and called it a day there.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Round journey to 101% is my favourite twitch memory. All those 45 minute runs that died at the end.
  • Just had a ridiculous run. Had some random stomping dude killing everything for me. I was riding on some kind of crazy hobby horse thing that meant I was floating everywhere. I had some kind of protective shield. God knows what else. First time I made it to mom after beating her yesterday
    Spoiler:
    Fun times.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've had the horse once too, it's a fun one. Just remember on the next run that spikes do hurt you this time around...

And I'm impressed you got to mom that quickly, it took me quite a few runs to get back there after getting her for the first time. Think my save is at 190 deaths and 5 wins. Most runs see me die around the 3rd or 4th floor, so not too much time wasted. I died last night the last floor before the thing in your spoiler. That hurt a bit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It'll get easier to the point you're grinding out wins with soy milk and health upgrades
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think I've had soy milk once.

One thing that's often messes a run up are the stupid charge tears. I'm fine with brimstone buddy, but if Isaac has charge it's often a lost cause.

Yesterday I got more or less destroyed by my bomb fly. He was just taking out enemies too close to me and I didn't find any hearts. He had some good moves too, so I won't completely ignore him but we're not best friends yet.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was having a hard time with Isaac the last few days, playing this while you actually need sleep isn't recommended. Was getting slightly salty.

So today I decided to take on a challenge. Solar System, which is actually pretty fun once you're used to it. It was going well, got a red heart on the second row when reaching mom's floor so that part was good. Got a dollar bill in the arcades so used that for the beggar with the skeleton heads to fill up my hearts and get bombs.

Was getting pretty close to a win in the fight, relying on placing bombs near the doors on the walls and hoping my flies would do some extra damage while focusing on avoiding the stuff.
    1tZn11X.jpg
    Just when this popped up I heard mom screaming "Isaac! in agony. Feels bad.

Still had two floors to go. Maybe I shouldn't have swapped Tammy's head for Guppy's.
  • I was some kind of floating gimp head last night with spiralling black dear bombs. Was good.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sounds glorious. 

Really a missed opportunity that you can't record in this game on the switch. I know that the video feature was added after Isaac's release, but that doesn't mean I'm not missing it.

This game just feels like how you always wanted to dress up your dolls, but were never allowed to. I'm glad that it's finally in my life.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Have you been full Guppy yet Nina? It's an automatic win with semi decent fire rate

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!