jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    if anyone wants to give the final version a go and feed back that would be grand.

I have absolutely no interest in the subject material but the first ~10 minutes was well produced and entertaining.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Joe Rogan is alright. Not sure why people think he's a cunt. Bit strong. He has some great guests on there and very interesting discussion sometimes. His Sam Harris podcasts on religion and psychology are amazing.

He is homophobic and sexist at the very least. He is also the perfect example of someone who is too dumb to realise how fucking dumb they are, and so has an air of confidence about some of the dumb shit he says that makes other dumb fucks like him think that the dumb fucking shit he says is the truth.
  • Everyone has a podcast these day
  • Found it. Wrestling. I'm out. Do a gaming one. You're a good host.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Everyone has a podcast these day

What's yours about?
  • I don't have one because I am a bum which is what I am
  • In the Scottish 'games media scene' I swear there are more podcasts than there are active participants in the scene. They're like weeds.
  • You should do a podcast about the ending of blade runner. Like. Every week it is discussing what the ending means. You should pretend like it's been happening for 30 years, start at episode 872
  • that's a legitimately brilliant idea
  • Tempy wrote:
    In the Scottish 'games media scene' I swear there are more podcasts than there are active participants in the scene. They're like weeds.
    There are? I think I'm probably glad that I'm oblivious to them.
  • Bit of an exageration but people like Richie Morgan and Owen (who is admittedly Irish but has moved here now) are on at least 3 each, as far as I know - the Gunpla one, Mean Bean Machine, Video Namaste, Two Good Boys (which is I think Owen and... Guy Woodward?) And then there are the Bit Socket guys, the guys who sometimes work with them, the guys who work with Ryan, I am sure Rab Florence probably has one.

I have listened to none of them but I am always updated on the goings on of this web of folks by my pals and by twitter.
  • Tempy wrote:
    that's a legitimately brilliant idea

I know, it's my idea. But you could pull it off. I wave all intellectual property in it.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

I know, it's my idea. But you could pull it off. I wave all intellectual property in it.

Note the sneaky lawyer trick of mis-spelling waive, so he retains the option to sue once it becomes a global sensation - claiming that he was "simply gesturing to proceed on his behalf"
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Joe Rogan is alright. Not sure why people think he's a cunt. Bit strong. He has some great guests on there and very interesting discussion sometimes. His Sam Harris podcasts on religion and psychology are amazing.

He is homophobic and sexist at the very least. He is also the perfect example of someone who is too dumb to realise how fucking dumb they are, and so has an air of confidence about some of the dumb shit he says that makes other dumb fucks like him think that the dumb fucking shit he says is the truth.

Lol scathing!!

• Since Dantes putting himself out there, me and a mate have been running a Podcast since February all about boardgames. Had a decent couple of guests on including one of the guys from Twin Humanities, as well as the designer of Dead of Winter.
    You can find us at www.werenotwizards.com and all the usual places.

Listened to the first 2 of revs podcast . He's not wrong about the sound on the first one, but its a huge jump up in the second. What did you do different? If less than perfect audio bothers you jump in at the second.

If you do listen to the first though, Rev and his mate are very funny, they obviously have great chemistry. It really kept my interest in a topic I've only a passing interest in, so if you're into your board games, I'd say you would really enjoy this.

I'm also intregued as to how guests will work with this, as we haven't had anyone yet. Looking forward to finding out.
  • Gremill wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

Note the sneaky lawyer trick of mis-spelling waive, so he retains the option to sue once it becomes a global sensation - claiming that he was "simply gesturing to proceed on his behalf"

Lolled.

It was autocorrect :)
  • Fucking Hotel, Rev, my man! I love that game so much.
  • Since Dantes putting himself out there, me and a mate have been running a Podcast since February all about boardgames. Had a decent couple of guests on including one of the guys from Twin Humanities, as well as the designer of Dead of Winter.
    You can find us at www.werenotwizards.com and all the usual places.

Listened to the first 2 of revs podcast . He's not wrong about the sound on the first one, but its a huge jump up in the second. What did you do different? If less than perfect audio bothers you jump in at the second.

If you do listen to the first though, Rev and his mate are very funny, they obviously have great chemistry. It really kept my interest in a topic I've only a passing interest in, so if you're into your board games, I'd say you would really enjoy this.

I'm also intregued as to how guests will work with this, as we haven't had anyone yet. Looking forward to finding out.

We decreased the gain and sat closer to the mic.
    Ideally I think you want one each realistically.
    Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Fucking Hotel, Rev, my man! I love that game so much.

So many good memories of that game. Great stuff.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • legaldinho wrote:
    You should do a podcast about the ending of blade runner. Like. Every week it is discussing what the ending means. You should pretend like it's been happening for 30 years, start at episode 872

This has given me an idea.

I'd been intending to do a games podcast once I knew what I was doing, and I had a couple of ideas, but now thanks to this, I've had another. This would scripted, rather than off the cuff, so I'd have to put a fair bit of planning into it, but here is the idea. 

This year is the 40th anniversary of a fictional BBC (or not if that's likely to land me in trouble) local radio video games show. A monthly segment, as part of the celebrations, they are being re-released weekly from the first episode from 1976 in podcast form.

The show charts the presenters playing habits, and looks at upcoming news in the world of games. The presenter will frequently make predictions about the future of the industry, almost all of which are drastically wrong, for example how home consoles will never supplant the arcades, the episode before the crash of 83 predicting that the industry will go from strength to strength on the back of the ET game, which will be even more successful than the film, and much more fondly remembered. There are occasional guest spots as well from other people, including maybe interviews with fake game designers.

I could possibly do a Garth Marenghi's Darkplace style thing where at some point in it we have the presenter and others talking about the episode. This would be difficult to intersperse in audio format, so if I did go down this route it would likely bookend it.

Would this interest anyone?
  • Hard to do as audio only that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fishing for a job?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • God no!
  • It's an interesting idea though, but it would be a colossal amount of work.
  • g.man wrote:
    Hard to do as audio only that.

I assume you mean the Darkplace stuff, not the rest?

That's why I'm thinking it would bookend it. Rather than the talking head style, it would be either a conversation, or perhaps maybe the producer for introducing the episode and the presenter doing a bit after it or something like that.

Of course, this could be done on YouTube with audio making up the bulk of the episode, but doing the talking head thing with video. I don't know if I'm capable of that though.
  • Either way, you're talking about a significant undertaking.
  • Try! Nothing wrong with ambition.
  • Absolutely!
  • Andy wrote:
    Either way, you're talking about a significant undertaking.

I was thinking about breaking it up into series, so rather than doing this every week for the rest of forever, I could do a year at a time, so 12 episodes in a run. How long between series would depend on how long it actually takes me to produce it!

Obviously is a lot more work than just chatting for an hour then editing that, so I do realise that there will be a lot of work. But I think this could go somewhere.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!