Podcasts
  • Still loving The Adventure Zone more than is reasonable. Unfortunately I've now completely caught up with it, so I'm having to wait a couple of weeks for every instalment.
  • Back on LSE poddos. Chick from Liberty did a great one Brexit recently.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bodega Boys is worth it for the expanding tally of AKAs alone.

Chapo Trap House has been the best accompaniment to a thoroughly screwball election.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Unsubbed from Videogamer which is the first time I've done that for something I used to really like. Losing Burns & Jim simultaneously (and Miller who seems to have just vanished without explanation, wrestling career?) has lowered the appeal scale past critical. I was looking to cut off a gaming podcast anyway so this made it a still target. Sad times.

@Bollockoff I ditched Videogamer myself a while back but don't really have any other gaming podcasts on the go at the minute. What else are you listening to?
  • Unless I open a new tab for this thread, it shortcuts me to a podcast RSS feed. Really annoying.
  • Evening all.
    Any recommendations for general mysteries/paranormal podcasts?
    I listened to a good many of the Astonishing Legends podcasts,they are grand.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Unsubbed from Videogamer which is the first time I've done that for something I used to really like. Losing Burns & Jim simultaneously (and Miller who seems to have just vanished without explanation, wrestling career?) has lowered the appeal scale past critical. I was looking to cut off a gaming podcast anyway so this made it a still target. Sad times.

The level of criticism has reduced and they play fewer interesting games in interesting ways.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Evening all.
    Any recommendations for general mysteries/paranormal podcasts?
    I listened to a good many of the Astonishing Legends podcasts,they are grand.

Monster Talk.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Cos-b

Idle Thumbs is consistent in qualitay. Idle Weekend is good but less consistent. Designer Notes just released the first part of a long-form Sid Meier interview I've not listened to yet but itching to. Basically anything on the Idle network is worth a punt.

Remarkable Lives. Tragic Deaths. is a bit of a cheese fest but they're short-ish mini biographies on famous historical figures. Learned this morning that Gandhi enjoyed sleeping naked in the beds of his grandneices and other young female relatives to "show his resolve". Also he was pretty racist to blacks.
  • Thumbs is as good as it currently gets for the videogame hobby in podcasts.
  • Still loving The Adventure Zone more than is reasonable. Unfortunately I've now completely caught up with it, so I'm having to wait a couple of weeks for every instalment.

Need to get back into this - it's really great fun. Thanks again for pointing me in its direction.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Cool Ghosts is my alternative gaming go-to but Matt's now wife is going through chemo so he obvs has no time / is in no place to release anything.
  • Actually CoolGames Inc is quite fun too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm also a big fan of the Justin Bieber Narrates series.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Jim and burns have their own show now.
    Jim and Dave and burns.
    Its ok.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hit episode 22 of We're not Wizards this month.
    Never hit the big time but having fun doing it.

@diluteddante you still doing your wrestling pod?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Jim and burns have their own show now. Jim and Dave and burns. Its ok.

Did they have a massive falling out with Tom? I thought they were quitting game journo entirely for better paying jobs.
  • The Dave guy they hang with worked on Rogue one trailer, so they're moving into serious video production.
    Apparently the next project is to do with capcom and resident evil 7 and some promotional work. I don't expect them to stay in the public eye for too long. Videogamer did good for them but there's no money in it. Burns didn't want to be an editor for the rest of his life and Jim is living away from his family.
    I know the new guy Colm at VG really well.
    The new company is called..
    fGWWot8.jpg
  • Funny situation with Miller. He's done freelance while still working for VG. So he's still making videos for his own stuff. He also set up a patreon as well which unfortunately hit the same day of Matt Lees and Emmas cancer appeal. So unlike Danny odwyer, whose hitting 19k a month, think miller bit only 500 in total. Bad timing for him.
    Whether he'll stay again is anyone's guess but i think he was surprised (as was anyone) s the patreon amount.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Still loving The Adventure Zone more than is reasonable. Unfortunately I've now completely caught up with it, so I'm having to wait a couple of weeks for every instalment.

Need to get back into this - it's really great fun. Thanks again for pointing me in its direction.

:D

How far have you gotten?
  • Hit episode 22 of We're not Wizards this month. Never hit the big time but having fun doing it. @diluteddante you still doing your wrestling pod?

Not had chance to do another yet. It's difficult when everyone is on completely different schedules.
  • For football fans, world football phone on and FW have been joined by talksport's (yea them) european football show. Recommend.

Also, weirdly, Santo Sam and ed's total football show. Aussies. Football pod by Aussies. And it is hilarious.

For srs
  • Gremill wrote:
    Still loving The Adventure Zone more than is reasonable. Unfortunately I've now completely caught up with it, so I'm having to wait a couple of weeks for every instalment.

How far have you gotten?

I've got to second this. Great podcast. I also fitted through the entire back catalogue and get impatient waiting for the next episode. All caught up and intrigued as to where we are leading.

• http://werenotwizards.podbean.com/e/friends-of-the-show-no-consoles-or-malice-just-some-cardboard-with-alice-alice-bell/

Latest episode with Alice Bell from Videogamer.

Yeah I'm shameless, but I'm proud I managed to get her on.
  • Welcome!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Fanks
  • Gremill wrote:

How far have you gotten?

Not that far - just finishing off the 'Murder on the Rockport Limited' chapters. Loads more to look forward to. Taco is great.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

How far have you gotten?

Not that far - just finishing off the 'Murder on the Rockport Limited' chapters. Loads more to look forward to. Taco is great.

Oh man, I'm so jelly that you get to experience what's next. The quality is about to fucking skyrocket.
  • http://werenotwizards.podbean.com/e/friends-of-the-show-no-consoles-or-malice-just-some-cardboard-with-alice-alice-bell/

Latest episode with Alice Bell from Videogamer.

Yeah I'm shameless, but I'm proud I managed to get her on.

Congrats, I've fallen behind, need to catch up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!