Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cross Post from the Corona thread.

I've said before I think Joe Rogan is a dick, and here you go, further proof if it was needed.

http://imgur.com/gallery/VB1zREd
  • I just the other day discovered that David Firth streams on Twitch now, and quite the excellent stream it seems to be. And every Wednesday there's a live episode of WallerFM, which is him and his friend (AKA Devvo) doing a take on an inane and nonsensical local radio show. It's fucking brilliant, here's episode #4 which I loved. And here's the full playlist of 9 episodes so far. It's mostly audio though there's the occasional video segments for Graham's Hot Porridge.

It carries on from the non-live episodes they used to do years ago, which I will need to catch up on. Those were really densely edited and crazy.

Listening to a bunch of it has somehow increased my northernness by 70%, I've found that my old accent has been creeping back.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Anybody come across the Team Deakins podcast during lockdown? It's Roger Deakins and his partner, who he met in the film industry, talking to one another and guests about film-making. Interesting (but technical) stuff.
  • Sounds interesting, I'll check that out!

• (1:34:43 for talk about Joe Rogan)
    1:42:23 -

- An interesting meta discussion about talking to controversial figures. Lex talks about his quandary about whether he would interview someone like Alex Jones, and they discuss issues of marginalisation and problems with modern discourse.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I've been doing a fair bit of driving since becoming a car owner again and have taken the opportunity (along with lockdown earlier (and later?) this year) to make a dent in the archive of the Soundtracking with Edith Bowman podcast. Good mixture of film chat with frequent and relevant musical interludes.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I really tried to like that Louis Theroux podcast but it's so dry. I'm sure most of the guests he speaks to have been the subject of much more interesting interviews.

I notice he hasn't done one for a while and has gone back to TV so probably for the best.
  • Cosby wrote:
    I really tried to like that Louis Theroux podcast but it's so dry. I'm sure most of the guests he speaks to have been the subject of much more interesting interviews. I notice he hasn't done one for a while and has gone back to TV so probably for the best.

I really liked them - apart from the one with Chris O'Dowd as that basically felt like listening in on a convo between friends (which they are, apparently).
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Cosby wrote:
    Louis Theroux

I kept hearing a trailer for The Joe Wicks Podcast recently before various of the podcasts that I actually listen to in which Louis gave an amazing deadpan testimony about how energised he felt following Joe's exercise regime.
  • Scrooby Pip's Distraction Pieces podcast has a two parter with Blindboy of Rubberbandits.
  • I've just realised I've been lurking around this forum in its various iterations for over 10 years! Due to various things I stopped gaming in any serious way about 5 years ago (family work etc although recently started Halo 4 on 360 as I couldn't find the halo 3 disc) but, the point of that wee ramble is that I absolutely adore the giant beastcast. Its such a treat, used to love the bombcast but fell away some years back. Anyone else listen to it? I think Vinnie is the perfect host.

Also just really enjoyed the Adam Buxton Stewart Lee podcast.
  • Yup listen to beastcast every week. Suffering a bit with reduced members I think, although I do enjoy the combination of Vinny, Alex and Jeff
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I much prefer the Bombast tbh. I find Vinny witters on and the show is just a bit scattershot. Much better now Abbey has gone though. Her departure was long overdue.

Give me Jeff 'all that other stuff' Gerstmann and Brad 'at this point' Shoemaker any day.
  • I am enjoying Trashfuture at the mo, sort of a British Chapo Trap House.
  • I much prefer the Bombast tbh. I find Vinny witters on and the show is just a bit scattershot. Much better now Abbey has gone though. Her departure was long overdue.

Give me Jeff 'all that other stuff' Gerstmann and Brad 'at this point' Shoemaker any day.

He really does say at this point a lot.

I had to stop listening to their game of the year because of how much they said ‘hang’.

Jeff is the only one I care about. I’m just there for Jeff saying things suck.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    halfgone wrote:
    Also just really enjoyed the Adam Buxton Stewart Lee podcast.

I have that lined up. I'm definitely in need of some Adam Buxton ramblechatting right now.
  • Good to know Abby is gone. Id never tried the Beastcast because she was on the panel. (I heard her one year on the GiantBomb Game of the Year podcasts and she made its a misery to listen to. That year she went to bat for Dream Daddy I think). Ill give it a whirl.
    The Bombcast itself is on a downward trajectory too I feel. They need new blood. I know they have Ben but Im slowly getting to really dislike him. On a base level his interests do not mesh with mine. He just like anime and nintendo games lol.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I think its the witteryness and lightness of the beast cast that appeals. I cant remember when I happened, maybe after Drew left or Vinnie but the bomb cast took on a member whose voice I cannot listen too. Its ruined their GOTY stuff for me also.
    Only bit of beast cast that bothered me was their apologies for problematic guests.
  • Good to know Abby is gone. Id never tried the Beastcast because she was on the panel. (I heard her one year on the GiantBomb Game of the Year podcasts and she made its a misery to listen to. That year she went to bat for Dream Daddy I think). Ill give it a whirl.
    The Bombcast itself is on a downward trajectory too I feel. They need new blood. I know they have Ben but Im slowly getting to really dislike him. On a base level his interests do not mesh with mine. He just like anime and nintendo games lol.

They no longer have Ben. He left at the start of the year yay!!!
  • Ben's gone now. He's left video games journalism. 

Going back a long time now but they've never got over the hole left by Ryan Davis. 

I never go on the website but the podcast is still the best thing I've found to find out whether a game is any good or not. Or whether I'd like it. It's rare that I disagree with Jeff.
  • I find them overly critical at times and find fault where I don't, but just chalk that up to them having spent so long in the industry. So I take some stuff with a pinch of salt.

Never had an issue with Abby myself, and grew to like Ben over time. Only thing I wish I was a member for is the Friday Hotspot podcast they've been doing which is Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Alex.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Currently enjoying (thanks to a recommendation from Boozy) the 'Behind the Bastards' podcast which looks at the absolute worst cunts from history and the frankly fucking weird behaviours and quirks they had. First episode is called 'Farting Hipster Hitler' and the second is 'Stalin: After Dark', which will give you an idea of what it's about.

It's well researched, funny and high enjoyable.

Gamertag: gremill
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I find them overly critical at times and find fault where I don't, but just chalk that up to them having spent so long in the industry. So I take some stuff with a pinch of salt.

Never had an issue with Abby myself, and grew to like Ben over time. Only thing I wish I was a member for is the Friday Hotspot podcast they've been doing which is Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Alex.

Weirdly, I was getting the Hotspot for nothing on Google podcasts for a few weeks. Not sure what that was about...
  • Gremill wrote:
    Currently enjoying (thanks to a recommendation from Boozy) the 'Behind the Bastards' podcast which looks at the absolute worst cunts from history and the frankly fucking weird behaviours and quirks they had. First episode is called 'Farting Hipster Hitler' and the second is 'Stalin: After Dark', which will give you an idea of what it's about. It's well researched, funny and high enjoyable.

This seems like a good time, thank you.
  • Ben is gone??? Sheeeet. I disliked his tastes but outside of the game stuff he seemed like a good dude. Im only on day 2 of the GOTY podcasts, the only interaction I have with GiantBomb is the podcast, I never visit the site or anything. Wow, wonder why Ben left.... I used to enjoy the Eurogamer podcast back when it was Tom Champion and Ellie Gibson, all that crew. Not a huge fan of the new folks. I watched a Youtube vid about the PS5 stock debacle with that brunette and it was really poorly written. 
    Any other game podcast recommendations?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Brooks wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

This seems like a good time, thank you.

Im giving that a shot too, thanks.
  • Some very interesting stuff here -

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!