Monster Hunter
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    MH Online, Frontier Online, and Frontier G were all on either 360 or PC over in Japan though, they just don't trust the West with it.

Yeah, that was always a weird decision to me. Putting a MH game on 360 in Japan is like releasing a new 32X game and wondering why it's not selling.

Ah well. Fingers crossed at least one of XX and World gets a Western release.

To be fair to MS they put a lot of effort into Japan with the 360, there's a lot of games on it that make no sense other than trying to break the market.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Monster Hunter on 360 as "please buy the 360" makes a lot of sense.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No plans to localise XX
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll be in for this I think, always fancied playing one but never had any of the consoles when a version has been out.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    No plans to localise XX
    Heh what? It's not coming to the west?

• Apparently so. Real shame if they don't change their minds.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah men, that's annoying. As long as it's digital it might be possible to get the Japan version.

B his colleague tried to play World, but apparently it was only shown inside a cube and was a video, as there was still a lot to fix. Line was too long, so he didn't try.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    For a while there I thought Tempy was saying World isn't being localised and he'd put two kisses at the end. Even checked fucking neogaf.
  • Tempy wrote:
    No plans to localise XX

Gutted about this news, really am.

I get putting all the focus on World/casual MH for the West, but part of MH's charm for me was that it was portable charm. A Switch version would of sure took me back to the giddy heights of MH3U.

Hope Capcom see sense or Nintendo step in with some cash & offer to localize it themselves, but i'm sure neither will happen till World hits the shelves in the west.

Gutted.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    No plans to localise XX

Frozen chunks of piss.

Welp, World is looking like a more likely purchase then.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • This is making the Switch, the perfect MH console, feel like it isn't going to get a chance at MH.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
    Just to clarify: our official response is we have not announced any plans to localize MHXX at this time.

So we can hope that they're just focusing on World for E3 to avoid confusion.
  • That's slightly better. I can't help but feel a MH-less Switch would be denying the console its very purpose
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    MH on Switch would be the tits, the shit, the bee's knees, and the dog's bollocks. ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Have to agree, feels like Switch is the natural home for games like MH.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    This is making the Switch, the perfect MH console, feel like it isn't going to get a chance at MH.
    I'm crossing fingers for a Monster Hunter 5 on Switch further down the line.
  • Vita is the best portable place for this - sticks in the correct place and all.  But that'll never happen.

Failing that, me and Rathalos are hoping for a good PC port.  That'll probably never happen either.

Lock on though, eugh.
  • I really don't think the Switch will see 5/World, Hell, XX is not a cert yet for the West. Maybe World can get bumped down to work on the Switch, I dont know enough about those sort of things, but World seems to have a lot of grunt going on behind the scenes ref AI etc.

Seen a few rumours/posts ref tension between Ninty & Cap, not sure if true, but if so, a tad baffling seeing Capcom were the ones that asked Nintendo to beef the Switch up a tad ref RAM or something, my mem is hazy.

The more I read/watch about World, the more I get intrigued by it, but such a grind heavy game(unless they have somehow casualised/modernised that aspect of the game also) needs to travel with me.

As I've said, MH3U was my MH peek, gathering, grinding, crafting on the go, big hunts on the TV when home.

• I own a PS4 & a Vita, but never tried remote play once. I've seen 2 sides to if it's any good on my travels on the net, but whats the B&B collective take on it? Is it a lag fest or is it golden, as it might be an option.
  • cindemon wrote:
    I own a PS4 & a Vita, but never tried remote play once. I've seen 2 sides to if it's any good on my travels on the net, but whats the B&B collective take on it? Is it a lag fest or is it golden, as it might be an option.

It's decent enough but I wouldn't use it for anything that requires split second inputs.
  • Cheers cit, that's that option out of the window then.

I may just import XX. The reasons for not really wanting to tho are....

Whilst I know the menus & crafting pretty well, MH games are pretty info heavy & a lot of researching is done out of game on various websites, apps & YouTube vids, adding language barrier issues might be a step to far for me.

I will miss out the charm of the writing, tho im sure the hardcore will translate, again I will have to chase it down.

Knowing my luck, I will be 100+ hours in & the mofo gets a green light to land on western Switches.

Bah, I love the series but I'm not on Gaijin hunters level of dedication.
  • I'm going to have to import it.  Can you play Switch games digitally from the Japanese store on a UK switch or will it have to be hard copies?

I used to be import mad, but don't think I've bothered since HK Demon Souls lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You should be able to, you can set up accounts for all 3 regions.

Just need to be sure you have eshop credit for the correct region, I don't think an EU account will take an US credit card for example, so eshop credit is the way to go.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You can indeed
  • Cool. I'll be doing that then.

Switch needs MH.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    I really don't think the Switch will see 5/World
    Well, fuck. That would really suck. Switch is the perfect MH machine. No way i'll ever put in the required hours on the PS4, though I will of course bite.

Did MH not sell that well on 3DS? Hopefully Capcom are just waiting for the install base of Switch to grow big enough to make it worth developing a new game (once World is out on consoles and luring in new players to the series).
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    https://youtu.be/fvKE9iVz-Ig

Stream at 11:30

World looked great in the blurry leaked gameplay, just need to see the hunting horn in action before getting too hyped.
  • Vastik wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    I really don't think the Switch will see 5/World
    Well, fuck. That would really suck. Switch is the perfect MH machine. No way i'll ever put in the required hours on the PS4, though I will of course bite.

Did MH not sell that well on 3DS? Hopefully Capcom are just waiting for the install base of Switch to grow big enough to make it worth developing a new game (once World is out on consoles and luring in new players to the series).

It sold well, especially 4U which was a turning point for the West and MH. The current speculation is that the localisation of XX wasn't announced at E3 to keep the focus on World, which is definitely not going to be on the Switch

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!