Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Monster Hunter Stories is my latest addiction. It's My First Monster Hunter, but in the best way.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Demo was some good fun, I just can't afford big game at the moment.

What system are you playing this on and how's the pop in? Did the demo on a New 3DS XL, but still had character textures pop in after the character was drawn.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    New 2DS XL. There's the texture pop in on characters as you mention, but that's about it. I actually started the demo on my OG 3DS, and the only thing I've noticed is quicker load times.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Other things you could call MHS: Mohan Goes Turn Based, or Pokemonster Hunter.

The only bit I don't like so far is the way your party monsters are referred to as "Monsties", a portmanteau of monster and bestie. Barf.
  • I need to get back into MHS this week as I'm off work - loved the first 20 hours or so I put into it.

The amiibos are sweet too ^^
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The Navirou amiibo is aces.
  • thanks to a certain awesome forumite I’ve really gotten into MonHun Generations having reignited my passion with 4U.

It’s just bloody brilliant. I mostly played 4U as a heavy tank with massive defence and a great sword or a switch axe and now I’ve gone for an aerial style with duel blades. I’ve become a twirling, whirling blur of death.

Question though, where do I find/get/make the materials for weapons upgrades?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Killing/capturing monsters, mine, harvest etc. Check Kiranico.com (or look if there's a mobile app, I got one Android that I look up all that stuff in).

There's also of course a cat that you can use to trade for items (there's actual trading with him, but also an option to have 3 cats look for a certain item, and you can set the amount of rounds they should do), and in Generations there are the meowster hunters that are very useful. 

The trader cat:
    trading-carts-with-neko-means-cat.png
    Can be found in the area on the east of your started village, walk past the streetpass cat.

How far have you gotten into Generations? I'm mainly playing the MP, haven't even finished the SP. If you ever want help online let me know, might be able to sort out a time.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, Kiranico or MHWiki are both good places to check what you need to get to build what.
  • Thanks guys. I’ll check them out.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Not got far Nina, only halfway through my 2* quests. Loving it so far
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok, nice! Think most of the cat stuff should be unlocked by now. I find the trader en the meowster hunters the most useful. Meowster hunters can be send out after every quest you do, and collect some ore or even monster parts for you. Made it a lot easier to get all my Tigrex hammer materials.

Also don't forget prowler mode, it's a lot quicker to harvest stuff that way, so that's definitely worth it if you're going to stock up on things. Make sure to check the DLC menu too, pretty sure they had some item packs in there.

The app I have is called "MHgen DB", shows all the quests, which one are the key quests, monster weakness, all items and you can make wishlist, put an armor set in there and it will show all the items needed.

Happy Hunting! (and that reminds me, check out Gajin Hunter's YouTube channel, loads of good stuff on there)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Was going to mention MHGen DB, there's a 4U one as well, very useful for quick reference.  Kiranico wins because it has the sound effects for each hunting horn which is obviously the most important thing for horn players.  There's also Athena's Armour Set Search which creates armour sets based on which skills you want and has a lot of search customisation.  That's more of an endgame thing but worth keeping in mind for when you get there.

Three months until World, will be farming Fluffbat for his armour and horn ASAP.

GOODS-00189512.jpg
  • I saw World at a convention on the weekend. Didn't get to play it as the line was massive but dang it looked slick. I'm guessing most of the gameplay and animation is pulled from previous titles but it's still a high quality so looked great. Pretty sure it was running at 60fps too.
    I'm hoping I can convince some mates to get it as I'd like to play some multiplayer.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Woo-hoo, finished my Glavenus S armour set today, and we only have 1 key left before the last two urgent quests unlock. Still loads of open quests but we might fight the "final" boss this year. I'm still tempted to try for the Dreadking set too, only annoyance is that skills only unlock after upgrading for a bit. Which could be a real grind.
    (Talking Monster Hunter Generations here).

More Monster Hunter World was shown in Paris today, looked good, there's arm wrestling, Aloy and a robot palico and a beta early December for plus members.
    Think it's time to look at special editions etc. Shame no news on a MH PS4 LE. I want the one Japan has.

What platform you're getting it on @Shabby?
  • Will be getting this Day 1, PS4. Hope we can get a nice crew going here.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm just having my fingers crossed that the ps4 deal works out for B (should be good but not confirmed yet) and if this will be the only game I'm gonna get for it I'm happy.

Saw on Twitter the UK will get a nice SE:
    DNpCqjYXcAEjLgM.jpg:large

GAME only deal I think. Pretty sure I'm going digital for this one, needs to be available at all time.

Where in China are you @Cinty? Timezone wise.
  • China only has one timezone - Beijing time.

But, to answer the question, I live in Haikou. Thankfully the internet here was upgraded a while back and it’s been pretty decent when playing online with Destiny 2, so I can’t imagine there will be a huge issue with MHW.
    Count me in
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No Xboners?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd prefer to get it on the xbone, but I'm not sure who else is so I may have to go PS4 to get a party going.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll be getting Bono

*Waves*
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    No Xboners?

Oh yes I’m gonna be boning it. I’m Boning it HARD
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool, we can all bone together. Hard.
  • I imagine Reg will Bone it, maybers. Should be enough on both consoles.
    Count me in

Me too.

• digi wrote:
    Will be getting this Day 1, PS4. Hope we can get a nice crew going here.
    Count me in

Me too.

Fuckin’ A!!!!!!!!!!!!

You raiding today? I’ll be on in the morrow to finish off anything you don’t do.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm still pretty tempted by that Switch version too, but that's just being silly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!