Monster Hunter
  • I'm still pretty tempted by that Switch version too, but that's just being silly.
    Yeah, played the 3ds version and loved it. Judging by the demo it’s pretty much the same but having that on a better screen and controls is very tempting

Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Hooray for Boners. Also people who own Xboxen.

Chortle. Etc.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are you back in blighty, Swirl?
  • I'm still pretty tempted by that Switch version too, but that's just being silly.

I own said version, & the Jan release date for World has stopped me hitting it. 50 notes down the drain, for now at least, but the grind needed for a MH game is crazy, & with other gaming fruits out there atm, I can sort of ride the mistake I made.

Probably going PS4 for World due to few old real life & mmo friends hitting that system. My eldest lad(& long time hunting partner) is going Bone. Will miss hunting with him(at least the last 4/5 games in the series) but won't miss his moans about doing low level shit when he has cained ahead.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Are you back in blighty, Swirl?

Only for the last three years or so. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yet you never visit.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    In my defence I'm a muppet and it's two years.
  • I'll get it on PS4 Nina. I'm hoping to convince my destiny playing friends to get it too. I really want to get into the hunt but my solo efforts on 3ds haven't gained traction even though I find it quite fun.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice. We still don't have the confirmation that we'll get the ps4 (B did some work for friends/people he knows fairly well, they haven't replied yet, are on a year long road trip, currently in Mexico, but do have time to update Facebook, it's complicated. Never do work for friends or be really clear about what to expect from each other) but otherwise I'm in!

I'm still doing Monday sessions on generations, unlocked the last urgent, getting there. There's always something out there that needs to be hunted!
  • I'll get it on PS4 Nina. I'm hoping to convince my destiny playing friends to get it too. I really want to get into the hunt but my solo efforts on 3ds haven't gained traction even though I find it quite fun.

Yeah, I’ve been trying to soften the Aus lot and pushing them to get this game. We will have a crew!
  • Tim and Robb are both fairly softenable.
  • Yeah...they seemed interested.

Pat a harder nut to crack?
  • Depends, if Tim gets into it then Pat will probably follow.
  • Woot. Will lean on Tim harder, then.
  • But if they don’t - fuck ‘em. You and me Shabs, you and me.

And Nina and Cind, and the others.
  • I'll be getting it for ps4 too. I'm also very sexy and playing with me will make you a better person.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    More than anything i'm curious to see if World 'takes off'. My gut is telling me a lot of non-MonHun types will buy it, enjoy jolly co-op, then shelve it after a month. It depends what distractions are due in Feb and March?

Forecast: Initial sales (worldwide) = okay-ish. Long term playerbase = MH fanatics only.
  • bogard wrote:
    I'll be getting it for ps4 too. I'm also very sexy and playing with me will make you a better person.

Deal!
    Curtis wrote:
    More than anything i'm curious to see if World 'takes off'. My gut ihs telling me a lot of non-MonHun types will buy it, enjoy jolly co-op, then shelve it after a month. It depends what distractions are due in Feb and March?

Forecast: Initial sales (worldwide) = okay-ish. Long term playerbase = MH fanatics only.

Yeah, I expect it may well just create a larger base of Western MoHam heads, but I’m not too bothered either way - we have a good MoHan crew here, and I was in love with the series back in the PSP days. The move to Ninty platforms meant I skipped the recent installements, though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have played a 3DS Monster Hunter at least once a week since a couple years. Started when @Swirl was still in New Zealand.
    The other one that I played for a long time was Tri on the Wii (yes, remember wii speak?) with my brother.

So as long as there's someone else that wants to make time for hunting, I'm there.

Never played the psp games as I got that system very late, and it never really worked out. Not my favourite handheld.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've no doubt we'll love it like every other iteration. My concern is: Capcom have clearly put time (4 years already) and plenty of money in the hope that a proper console MH (i.e. not one based on the archaic PSP architecture) will garner enough interest to get their investment back, or more importantly, promote sequels etc. 

Sorry to be so sceptical. I'm gonna play the shit out of it. And whatever hardcore grinding they keep for 'us lot', i'll be there whacking that mining spot with my pickaxe, no doubt. lol!
  • I think you see that with a lot of games these days. Too many releases. I wonder how the numbers for destiny have dropped off.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    The Souls games did pretty well in a similar scenario but World looks a lot more expensive than Dark Souls 1.  There is still a worry that it'll alienate everybody by trying to find a middle-ground between tradition and mass-appeal but I'll wait and see.  Not long until the beta and you can't gauge the actual difficulty from demo footage which is, I assume, from early low rank quests.  I'm sure they'll throw in some hyperactive, fast-forwarded Rajangs towards the end.

It's great that we're seeing so many new monsters but I would love to see Zamtrios or Congalala rendered with that level of fidelity.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    I have played a 3DS Monster Hunter at least once a week since a couple years. Started when @Swirl was still in New Zealand.

I still see you online when I jump into MH Stories. I just want MH World to reignite my love, Tri and 3U ate my life but 4U left me cold. Didn't bother with Generations but I will if XX gets a release outside of Japan.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    4U became a horrible grind once you hit G rank.

We did the last Urgent Quest this Monday, planning to at least do all the village request quests and the prowler quests, not sure where we'll go after that /how close to World's release it'll be by then. There's still so much to do, I haven't finished SP yet, and I had a look at the DLC quests, 9 pages of extra quests in there. There's just no end to a game like this, and every fight feels good!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Don't burn yourself out when its only 2 months off. That's the only reason i'm not playing XXS.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think I'll burn out, been doing this for a couple years now.

It is the reason I didn't buy Switch XX though, that would have been too much. World will be an all new game, so pretty sure I'll be fine!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've just had confirmation that the Bow and Bowguns controls are like a proper 3rd person shooter, and not the convoluted mess they've always been. This makes me so happy, and now i know what i'm rocking as my primary once this game drops.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sounds good, my brother's gonna be jealous! He could never get in with the controls on handheld, always played one of the gun types in the Wii game.

I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna use, maybe just go for a bit of everything. Been playing Hammer in Gen MP and just picked up the Insect Glaive for the SP, all of the weapons are so much fun. Played Long Sword, Dual Blades and Sword and Shield before.
  • Big fucking sword / hammer for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!