Monster Hunter
  • Nina wrote:
    I'm gonna go out in half an hour, if the party is really boring and we're back early I'll see if I can jump on for a bit more.

Enjoyed what I played this morning, want to try out some more weapons, watched a stream where someone was playing bow and that looked awesome!

Cool.

I’ll keep checking this thread every so often then. Best bet is probably send me a message or invite me to a party chat on PlayStation when you wanna play.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My first MoHun! been enjoying it. 

Did the first two contracts on my own then did the expert one with the help of three others. I'm never quite sure if I'm pulling my weight in terms of damage though. And aware I'm probably not using half the mechanics. At least I know to split up and spam the alert communication once I've found the beasty.

Tried the hammer, greatsword and heavy bowgun. Greatsword feels all about the charge attacks where as hammer seems to have relative more variety to it and the sliding downhill charge attack is fantastic.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think I'm probably out unless the full game has a better tutorial.

No idea what's going on, too many controls. The game seems to expect you to understand the mechanics without any explanation. First monster I fought glitched fully into a rock while the girl was shouting "now's your chance!". Now's my chance for what? And a time limit? Fuck that right off.

Edit: I've just fallen through the floor and had to restart, and instantly fell through the floor again. When's this out? It seems very buggy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tutorials in the older Monster Hunter games went on forever. In fact, from the 3 previous ones I played, I never once made it past the tutorial.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Think I'm probably out unless the full game has a better tutorial.

No idea what's going on, too many controls. The game seems to expect you to understand the mechanics without any explanation. First monster I fought glitched fully into a rock while the girl was shouting "now's your chance!". Now's my chance for what? And a time limit? Fuck that right off.

Edit: I've just fallen through the floor and had to restart, and instantly fell through the floor again. When's this out? It seems very buggy.

Late Jan
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Attention fellow horn players:

I was disappointed that Gen's double note system didn't make a return but this seems even more powerful.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Ah, cheers man. I wanted to get into the horn but the training area I found poorly explains how to mixtape it.
  • Yeah, this is sweet & is gonna steal time from other titles I fear as it makes me a slave to grind again.

Played bow for so long across various MH titles & it's never felt this good.

How long is the beta up for?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Gonna play this a bit more now, so far I've tried the Glaive, Long Sword, very short session with the hammer and I'm gonna do some bow now if I can find a match.

Most of it is enjoyable so far, I've done the main 3 quests now (last one in mp) and tried to take in a Diablos. There were only 3 of us and I had the hammer which i hadn't used in training, so that didn't end well.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Couldn't find anyone for a go at Diablos or Rathalos, too tired to try it solo.

Weapons feel good, liked the look of the game a lot more once I turned off HDR, some of the new additions does make all the item management etc a lot easier, can't wait how that translates to the full game, with the weapon trees etc.

I'm not too sure about the actual maps and the scout flies, takes too long to get to a monster, maps are sometimes hard to navigate and there might be a bit too much detail everywhere, didn't even notice it most of the time a tail was cut off. Would be annoying to miss stuff like that in the main game, but we'll see. I'll probably get used to it and being super tired doesn't help I guess.

Probably go for Glaive as a main, with a bit of bow and dual blades mixed in. But I also liked the long sword, and I've only tried about half of the weapons. Pretty sure this will last me a long time.
  • Will be online a bit later today to try and fudge our way through with other newbies. Would help to have someone who knows what they're doing with us to guide us along!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I did the beginner one, and it was just stand there and swing. Movement feels good, world looks lovely but its blatantly obvious its geared towards MP so nae point me bothering.

Yeah, MP is definitely where the fun is at. I’d love for you to join us, but personal preferences are personal preferences, I get that. I was never keen on MP myself, until recently.

Multiplayer Monster Hunter is very different to, say, Call of Duty. Co-op means fewer caffeinated spotty Yanks "victory crouching" your corpse.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I did the beginner one, and it was just stand there and swing. Movement feels good, world looks lovely but its blatantly obvious its geared towards MP so nae point me bothering.
    Yeah, MP is definitely where the fun is at. I’d love for you to join us, but personal preferences are personal preferences, I get that. I was never keen on MP myself, until recently.
    Multiplayer Monster Hunter is very different to, say, Call of Duty. Co-op means fewer caffeinated spotty Yanks "victory crouching" your corpse.

I often avoid MP for the spotty yanks you mentioned there. 
    I've yet to try Mon Hun MP. Loved 3, 4U and now Generations on my 3ds but never done a multiplayer hunt.
    Maybe this will change with World
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Attention fellow horn players: I was disappointed that Gen's double note system didn't make a return but this seems even more powerful.
    Oh wow, awesome changes!
    Managed to have a quick go on this yesterday, trying out my old faves Charge Blade and Long Sword. Feels great, looks great and love all the quality of life improvements. Roll on release date!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Looks sweet :)
  • Is this beta available to everyone?
  • Is this beta available to everyone?

Everyone with PS+.
  • Will be online a bit later today to try and fudge our way through with other newbies. Would help to have someone who knows what they're doing with us to guide us along!

+1 this
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Is this beta available to everyone?
    Everyone with PS+.

You should be in marketing ;)
  • We did 4p newbies. Couldn't beat the hard quest but probably just because we didn't know how to maximise the damage. I think the other guys I played with enjoyed it enough to want to play more.
  • Yeah - chatted with them after. They missed a feeling of reward and progression but that comes with the main game. I think they’ll bite if we bite.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Gameplay impressions are good, performance and graphics impressions are not. Neither of the three modes (resolution, framerate, graphics) provided on the PS4 Pro are without problems. And everyone of them makes my console's fan scream.

I will be waiting for the PC version.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah i'm on Plebstation 4 and it's nearly sucking me in.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    My Pro's fine, and I'm pretty sure it runs at a stable 30fps when choosing the framerate option. Don't care about the other two myself so haven't tried it. Even asked B to check a bit of gameplay to confirm the 30fps. What's it that you're not liking @Silke

Haven't heard the fans of the Pro yet, and I'm pretty sure it's an early-ish model, since Horizon was still "coming soon" on the outer sleeve of the box.

Gonna play some more later today, post in here if anyone's up for some MP.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Had a great time with the beta all in all, any concerns cast aside by the impact of the generational leap which most series got ten years ago, plus it's just really really fun and stupid and has cats.  All the weapons feel great and I can see myself having a lot of backups for when blunt objects don't work (no glaive or DB though, too flashy), even the guns are satisfying.  Not long to wait.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Well, like always, it's a lottery. My Pro is probably shit, because that's the kind of luck I usually have. It's a hair dryer to a jet engine in most games and Monster Hunter World (Beta) is one of the worst offenders so far. My PC is inaudible in comparison, while being a lot more powerful. 

The choice, therefore, is easy. 

There's also constant micro stutter, frame pacing issues while looking thoroughly muddy. And considering the great PC versions Capcom usually makes I see no point in me bothering with this.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Gave the Gunlance a good go on Monday evening. It felt great landing successive burst shell combos and the routine Wyvern's Fire. Only problem stemmed form multiplayer in that if the Mon ain't coming towards you're going to have to sprint a helluva lot.
  • While you lot are swanning about with shiny new fancy graphics, I've gone back to 4U on my original 3DS.  I've decided that I'm enjoying it now that I have full mobility - SnS with evade extender! Need to face Fatalis to progress caravan 10* so I'm dabbling with Guild.  Finished a couple of HR6 quests and the urgent.  Was hoping that would be g-rank, but no, I have HR7 stuff to get through now.  Capcom stop changing the HRs!
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Evade is always second on my list after Horn Maestro because I'm bad at positioning.  You going with Wide Range for mega support?  I went back to 4U after World was announced, found I had 100 hours on the clock and hadn't even finished the single player quests, so I did that then just kept playing for another 200 hours or so.  The game is stacked with things to do and new stuff keeps showing up after a surprising amount of time. 
     Stopped at the silver crown stage of G-rank when certain battles of attrition cropped up.  I'd got all the horns I wanted at that point, short of falling down the Relic rabbit hole, and settled on the Rajang hammer.  It's a little Rajang head on a stick and its hair goes big and spiky when you charge it up!  Amazing.  Totally worth the effort I went to:  getting Chameleos parts by CB sleep-bombing, making the Chameleos greatsword, learning how to use a greatsword then figuring out how the hell you break both of Rajang's horns while he's Blanka-balling all over the place.

I'm definitely going to keep a lance handy in World.  Gunlance is cool but the regular lance's mobility makes it more fun for me and I love how professional and knightly the animations are.  Like that one where you run at 40mph then launch into the air and ride a dinosaur.  Classic move.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!