Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What platform will most folks be getting this on?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Going to get World on ps4.

Went back to Generations single player last night, need to do the village requests to unlock some of them in HR multi player. Am slightly too strong, but that's kinda fun. Need to do 2 more key quests to unlock the 6* quests, so getting closer. Might be the first time I complete all main quests in a MH game. Got close in 4U but there's just so much in that game. Think I did everything in 1-5, got stuck on some silly monsters in 6 and never took time to unlock the last few in HR single player. Not sure how far I got in G rank, finished off the main guy and we played till the grind got too real.

Love the 4 Generations flagship monsters, very nice hunts.
  • Dubs wrote:
    Evade is always second on my list after Horn Maestro because I'm bad at positioning.  You going with Wide Range for mega support?  I went back to 4U after World was announced, found I had 100 hours on the clock and hadn't even finished the single player quests, so I did that then just kept playing for another 200 hours or so.  The game is stacked with things to do and new stuff keeps showing up after a surprising amount of time.   Stopped at the silver crown stage of G-rank when certain battles of attrition cropped up.  I'd got all the horns I wanted at that point, short of falling down the Relic rabbit hole, and settled on the Rajang hammer.  It's a little Rajang head on a stick and its hair goes big and spiky when you charge it up!  Amazing.  Totally worth the effort I went to:  getting Chameleos parts by CB sleep-bombing, making the Chameleos greatsword, learning how to use a greatsword then figuring out how the hell you break both of Rajang's horns while he's Blanka-balling all over the place. I'm definitely going to keep a lance handy in World.  Gunlance is cool but the regular lance's mobility makes it more fun for me and I love how professional and knightly the animations are.  Like that one where you run at 40mph then launch into the air and ride a dinosaur.  Classic move.

I play offline so no need for wide range.  However, that might change if HR7 is a pig..
    Rajang hammer sounds cool - there are lots of weird things hidden in MH.

For World, I'm PC but only if:
    a. it's actually released on PC;
    b. it's not a complete train wreck; and
    c. it doesn't have Denuvo/root kit/other drm bollocks.

Looks like I'm not playing World then, lol.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    What platform will most folks be getting this on?

PS4. Didn't really get enough time with the demo, but my fears of it being diet MH were quashed, the lick of HD & the bow just feeling next level sweet means imma day oner. Will miss portable play for kit/item grinding etc, but big screen hunting is just as big a pull.
  • Don't like Kushala.  Farmed a few Purple Gypceros to make a nice 500 (50 in real terms) poison SnS to mess with his wind shield.  Just need to get close enough now.

Had a good go at Kushala but failed.  Lost last life to two successive ice blasts at close range with 5 mins to go.  Might have to take flash bombs (don't normally use items) to stop the bugger flying once the poison wears off.

EDIT 2: flashbombs didn't help that well.  Half didn't knock him down and sometimes he goes straight back to flying the instant the flash wears off.  Wind pressure is now my main issue, and not being able to do enough damage in the time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    December 22nd to 26th will be more beta time. This time open for all ps4 users.
    MH-World-Beta_12-15-17.jpg

Monster Hunter Twitter says :
    Preload starts on December 18th. Those that played the PS Plus Beta last weekend will be able use the same client to play this one.

#MHWorld Beta FAQ:

Q: No PS Plus required? Even for Multiplayer?!
    A: Yep! All of it can be played by all PS4 players.

Q: I played the first Beta; will I need to download this again?
    A: Nope. If you still have the first Beta client, keep it and you’re good to go.

B is so pissed, he wants to go away during Christmas - NY.
  • Is it PL Plus free just for the beta, or for the final game?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    The full game requires plus for multiplayer but I'm not sure about event quests and other downloadable stuff.

Speaking of which, it's nice to see silly event quests making a return:

img02.jpg
  • Crimson Fatalis dealt with over two rounds.  Then I get stomped by Rajang in the 6* Urgent :-)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Grand news. More hunters to hunt with.
  • Unlocked the Caravan Kushala and what a wimp this one is compared to the HR7 version.  Killed this one within the 35 min time limit compared to timing out in 50 minutes with the HR7 version.

Should have felt pleased in killing one compared to the misery the HR7 caused me but this felt like a baby version.  Hopefully I can progress 10* caravan now.

EDIT: nope, 10* still not progressing, grr.  I still have a few 6* urgents so could be one or all of those.

EDIT: Caravan Rajang and Teostra down.  Tesotra is easy compared to Rajang.  Just 6* Akantor to go.

What's complete BS is that the Caravan quests won't progress until I progress in the Guild quests.  I do not understand the point in having the single player tied in with the multiplayer.  Utterly stupid idea and the person who thought of that should be tied to a post whilst Teostra does its Supernova.
  • Akantor dead so finally I have Caravaneer's Challenge.  But it's only because I'm HR7 in the Guild. Stupid game design. 

Another thing to add to the stupid things MH4U does list.  Although I am enjoying the game more now so it's no longer at the bottom of the MH pile.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just got the credits in Generations, think the game is supposed to start now.

It's a good one, loving the Glaive, Prowler is a lot of fun (need to recheck Gajin's video about it), gonna make a whole army of cats with different abilities and dress them up as the best looking monsters. Hammer is still a lot of fun online, have one that looks like a teddy bear.

Think once I get some good prowlers, I might be playing this along World, don't want to miss prowler mode.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    That teddy bear hammer is genuinely good with a sleep-bombing set.  Used to use it for Alatreon because hitting his head is hard work.  Just spin to win.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I haven't used it yet, need to upgrade it. It's still level 1, so does only half of the raw damage my other one does.

Haven't used any hammers with elemental effects, just raw damage. I tried to have a long sword for every effect in 4U, but that got a bit much to manage. Just went with a few that Gajin Hunter mentions in his top 5 hammers, to keep it simple this time. Only have 1 armour set right now (Glavenus), it's all very basic. Plan on going full nerd again with World.
  • Caravaneer's Quest. OUCH.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Not sure I ever got that far in 4U. Gave up when I needed to do the never ending 6* quests to progress the later ones. Every time I thought I did the 6* keys, new ones would pop up. Too. Much.

World beta part 2 starts tomorrow, is a bit longer than last time. Will people be playing or is everyone to busy entertaining family during Christmas?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It doesn't require PS+ so I fancy a dabble, incredibly shite timing though isn't it? I'll download it and see if I can snatch a bit here and there.
  • I think I’ll pass - I saw enough in the beta to lead me to believe this is proper console Mohan - I don’t really need any more. Plus, xmas and exams. So, I doubt I’ll be on.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Going to give the bow, SnS and Long Sword some more time, I think.  Must resist hammer.  Love how you can do the shoryuken with the SnS but I've yet to score a KO with it so that's my first goal.  Fingers crossed for a wild Pukei Pukei.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Paul, it's a day longer than the last one, and I guess it kinda goes two ways, loads of people will also have some extra free time now to try games. Others will be with family and have no time at all.

I'm not sure how often I'm gonna be on, but if someone wants to have a go at something just post the room code and I'll try to make time. I'm definitely in for the main game anyway.
  • G-rank in 4U, yay.  Had some nice people carry me through the HR7 quests.  Tried soloing Dalmadur but it's a lesson in frustration - get knocked down, climb back up, claw hits, all the way down again, climb up again, meteor knocks me back down, etc.  Then the added bonus of meteors that don't seem to have any warning followed by another one and death.  I could do damage when I finally got in place but I spent most of the time climbing so no, other people can help.

So HR47, and a new load of 10* Caravan quests have appeared.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Fingers crossed for a wild Pukei Pukei.

Turns out he's much more common this time.  He looks great, so many cool little touches in his animation and behaviour so I just sat behind my shield and watched him do his thing.  Also found Kula-Ya-Ku in the desert map who is similarly entertaining.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, it was apparently a bug that pukei appeared in the last demo, both he and the other were planned for this one.

I'm gonna take a look now, which quests did you find them in? Barroth and?

Edit, found Kula-Ya-Ku, in the Barroth quest. Sadly! Teammates weren't interested and I didn't manage to kill it before they had Barroth down. Fun fight though, don't smash my head with a stone! I had a hammer though.

And also found Pukei, ignored him as I thought to join my squad. Got smacked out of a lot of hammer charges, slightly annoying. Standing next to a toppled monster, charging for a good whack at the head, and missing because someone fires at you.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I've mostly played solo because it gets a bit crowded with four players attacking these small monsters and there are loads of newcomers unaware of friendly fire.  The hammer's new power up move (O while charging) supposedly prevents knockback but I haven't noticed the effect myself, too busy doing donks.

This manual is pretty handy and presents the controls much more clearly than the in-game tips.  It certainly helped having it open while I tried the long sword.  Never really used it before but it's pretty cool and that backstep counter move is great fun.  Looks like I've got yet another alt.

Also tried stacking the Speed Eating skill yesterday and it makes healing insanely fast.
  • I hope the fly trail isn't as prevalent in the full release as it feels a bit EZ mode in the demo
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    For finding the monster, sure, a less intrusive solution would've been preferable.  It does little to enhance the feeling of actually tracking a wild animal but I always hated traipsing around the map looking for the monster so I don't mind it too much.  Just having the footprints and environmental details (mucus, clawmarks etc) would've been enough I think.  And where's the friendly hot air balloon?!
    For highlighting gathering points they're essential given the amount of non-interactive flora.
  • I wouldn't mind if you had to build up a sort of collection of "evidence" to give the flies something to find, so scan footprints and droppings and so on until eventually they find it and report back, and monsters burrowing or covering themselves in mud would mean you have to start again. Without the load breaks it isn't so bad traipsing around, but I always remember loving the neat pit of your stomach feeling whilst traipsing around for a monster, especially with the great environmental sound work. Sadly I'll be getting this on PC so won't get to play with you folks, but I enjoyed a quick hour on the Beta, even if my Charge Blade skills were very rusty (and slightly thrown off by some moves being different?) New hammer seems choice though, I managed to do some kind of Hammer Charge into big jumping slam that I couldn't figure out again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Attack of kings that move. You have to attack while sliding down an incline iirc.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not too sure about the scout flies either, hope they're well be different settings for it in the main game. Especially in small and dark environments they take away too much of the actual environment. I was always fine with the paintball way the previous games do this, and of course the air balloon.

Thanks for the manual @Dubs, I'll take a look. I've never been to great at doing (read: remembering) combo's, so usually get through the game with fairly standard attacks and a lot of luck.

Might have another go at the beta, for solo. Are Diablos and Rathalos still in this demo? I checked for Diablos in his usual place but didn't see him.

@Tempy, nice to see you here. Depending on pc requirements, I might double dip. If my brother gets it, it will be pc too, and I'd love to play this with him again. Have just a (fairly powerful) laptop here, so I'd have to try it first.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!