Monster Hunter
  • Tobi mcguire down. It’s tail whip can one shot me so after two deaths I played it very safe for the last life.

I used lock on camera and it was just like playing dark souls.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    So, for online, I noticed a lot of people online on ps4, but almost everyone was playing in their own. Would people mind if I just join?

Don't be shy, send a message or an invite to your room, i'm happy to help. ;) 

I need some respite from the new monster i just fought. I barely had time to breathe that fucker was so fast!
  • Usually if Cinty and nina (or moot) like a game its an indicator that I will.

Goddamn it, I dont have time for MH!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You're seeing it wrong, when you have MH you don't need all those other games, the ones that have beginnings and endings. You can just lose yourself on hunts. Plus Capcom promised to be good with updates.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So I've tried the bow, hammer, and long sword but have just finished messing around with the insect glaive. I think I'm going to stick with the glaive for now. You can get up to some proper aerial shenanigans.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Started with Switch axe but have now found my one true love...
    Spoiler:
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Started and stuck with my now beefier level 3 Bone Glaive and am just about beginning to understand what some of the buttons do. So now was thinking of starting a couple of pocket side specials.. Like the look of the katana, have enjoyed some solid Blocky lance action years gone by and the hammer looks ideal for when I really need to wind up everyone else I could be playing with... 

Looks like it'll be a busy day in those new sandy wastes I've just got to then.. Wahey!

Also hoping for some sexy new armours too Nina. My trusty little Boko does look pretty cool in his Pukei setup but I've seen glimpses of some pretty tasty gear.. Little trooper needs his fancy duds.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lads I've fucked it and need help. Have opened my copy, and lost my receipt, so trading back in will likely be impossible.
    I'd bought PS4 to get to my luv tempy but I see bastard man tempy is going pc. Therefore I wish to turn my advances to elm so the tldr here is does anyone want to swap my PS4 version for their Xbox one? I've got a fancy lenticular cover too
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Lads I've fucked it and need help. Have opened my copy, and lost my receipt, so trading back in will likely be impossible. 0
    I'd bought PS4 to get to my luv tempy but I see bastard man tempy is going pc. Therefore I wish to turn my advances to elm so the tldr here is does anyone want to swap my PS4 version for their Xbox one? I've got a fancy lenticular cover too

Reg you can trade your copy in to cex. Or there may be people on here who will buy it off you.
  • Guys how good is the combat, that's probably a question best answered by Curtis as I'm coming off finishing nioh and I need another hack and slash to scratch the itch.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    All I want to do is munt honsters. 2am I went to bed, fucking ridiculous.

Had a magical story mission which didn't have a cutscene in it, we were able to start it as a group. I will never understand why that's not the norm for every mission, or why you can't SOS at any time to call in your pals from wherever they are. Having to load up the village to check the quest board to join your mates is tiresome.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye. Wouldnt even let us do the free roam stuff cooperatively.

Just baffling decisions.

It's a good job the game is great aside from that, but people should be warned about the hoops if they actually want to play with people.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Lads I've fucked it and need help. Have opened my copy, and lost my receipt, so trading back in will likely be impossible. 0

Reg you can trade your copy in to cex. Or there may be people on here who will buy it off you.

Cex offering £36 which means I'd be down £14 which I know I've fucked up but.... Damn
  • Reg@ I'm sure one of us who don't have a copy will buy it off you to help you out. I would but I am utterly skint this and next month. I'm gonna use my cex voucher to buy a copy.

JonB and a few others were thinking of getting a copy I recall reading, maybe one of them could help you out?
  • All I want to do is munt honsters. 2am I went to bed, fucking ridiculous.

Had a magical story mission which didn't have a cutscene in it, we were able to start it as a group. I will never understand why that's not the norm for every mission, or why you can't SOS at any time to call in your pals from wherever they are. Having to load up the village to check the quest board to join your mates is tiresome.

You can check the quest board via your handler from any location. You can also start quests that way, and people can join that way too. So Shabby, Rob and I, along with dubs, Curtis and Nina at various points, just hung out in the forest doing investigation after investigation. One of us would post a mission via their handler, the others would talk to the handler and join. You can change equipment in the tent and eat on the seats behind it - we were probably out of the main hub for a few hours in total.

The online is weird, but I’ve had very few problems joining people today, in fairness.
  • Also, once you’re in the squad, you probably won’t need to SOS anymore. You will be able to join easily and directly.
  • Also, once you finish an investigation together you can elect to stay in the same area (as noted above) as a group, in expedition mode. So you can restock and craft before moving onto whatever you wanna do next as a group.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh we figured that out in the end. Will be interesting to see how the story missions work going forward now we're all at the same point.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We had a look at investigations at the end of our session, we did click that you have to set them first from the trading bit. Obtuse is the word. We'll get used to it as we go but the point is we shouldn't have to in this day and age, being clunky and confusing adds nothing and only serves to detract from the experience.

Going to your handler saves a couple of loading screens so it's better, but why do you need to keep back tracking to select a new quest when the requirements are right there in your journal, the beastie is in front of you and your pals are at your side? Just select the quest, complete it and turn it in at the end of the session.

On the SOS thing, I was mainly thinking of when you're waiting for someone to trigger a cutscene it'd be handy to be able to hop straight to them from anywhere as loitering around a quest board or handler is frankly boring.

Edit: and I know you can fast travel back to a camp/handler, but still. It's so clunky.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Yeh we figured that out in the end. Will be interesting to see how the story missions work going forward now we're all at the same point.

I'm guessing everyone race to the cutscene then someone pop an SOS to get the rest to come to their game.

*Shakes head sadly*
  • FranticPea wrote:

Aye.

If you or anyone else is online within the next 4-5 hours, please let me know. I’ll get you in the BnB squad which makes organising quest groups SO much easier. No more SoS.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We're on Bone though? Started a squad with Webbo and Sparky in it so we'll see how that goes next time we are getting together.
  • Cinty, Xbox people aren't used to interesting and deep Japanese games with different gameplay than shooty racey and the quirks that can sometimes come along with that.

Prepare for quibbles ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can fuck off with that Shabby.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    We're on Bone though? Started a squad with Webbo and Sparky in it so we'll see how that goes next time we are getting together.

Ah, sorry, didn’t realise - good luck with the squad.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gane will only give me £29 credit on the PS4 version so to fuck em over I'll offer £10 and a PS4 copy of Mohan if anyone buys an Xbox one (£39.99 online ) for me
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    You're seeing it wrong, when you have MH you don't need all those other games, the ones that have beginnings and endings. You can just lose yourself on hunts.

Amen.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Has the tide shifted from PS4 to 'bone, then? Woot.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No,it's just that I want to play with elm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!