CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    And seriously, been working all day and this game is the only thing I can think about. I wanna go hooooooommme.

What do you think i've been doing since you left earlier?  ;)
  • Curtis wrote:
    And seriously, been working all day and this game is the only thing I can think about. I wanna go hooooooommme.

What do you think i've been doing since you left earlier?  ;)

Mother fu.....
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    Such negativity in this thread (and this forum). default_mellow.png

Silly bear. How could we not mention such a glaring fuck up?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Going to have a go at sorting the squad thing out next time I'm on then. Can you upgrade gear, eat a meal etc. in the gathering hall? Only had a brief squint at that, if not then you're going to be spending a lot of time unable to see your pals. It's like the Tower from Destiny never happened.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    More stuff about MP and squads here.

This is a relief:
    If you're worried about loot, don't worry - you can all carve and get rewards, so you won't miss out compared to solo farming.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    buying tomorrow thanks lads

Um...you don’t do multiplayer though...

Neither does the game by the looks of it.

BOOM BOOM!

Seriously though, if its just the 'assigned' missions that are a pain to do together that's not too bad I suppose. Still completely ridiculous in this day and age though.

I presume you can do the free roam stuff in a group eventually? Wouldn't let me and Sparkles last night but I think it was because I was on the mission that introduces it.

• Going to have a go at sorting the squad thing out next time I'm on then. Can you upgrade gear, eat a meal etc. in the gathering hall? Only had a brief squint at that, if not then you're going to be spending a lot of time unable to see your pals. It's like the Tower from Destiny never happened.

You can do almost everything there - meals, quest board, home and item box stuff can all be accessed there. Plus, there’s the arena desk, which is only there. The only things missing, I think, are the smithy and basic item vendor.
    FranticPea wrote:
    buying tomorrow thanks lads

Um...you don’t do multiplayer though...

Neither does the game by the looks of it.

BOOM BOOM!

Seriously though, if its just the 'assigned' missions that are a pain to do together that's not too bad I suppose. Still completely ridiculous in this day and age though.

I presume you can do the free roam stuff in a group eventually? Wouldn't let me and Sparkles last night but I think it was because I was on the mission that introduces it.

Expeditions (free roam), Investigations and side-quests (taking on set targets with requirements) and arena battles are all easily coop able, connection permitting.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool, ta.

When crafting does it take into account what materials are in your item box or do you have to have it in your pouch?
  • Crafting in the wild only takes from your pouch, but from the hub it’ll auto search whether you have those items or not.

It’ll also tell you if you can make an item by first producing another item and will allow you to auto-make that first, which is super useful.

So if I’m missing an ingredient for a bomb, but I have the mats to make that material, the game will allow me to make it via the bomb crafting screen.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Crafting in the wild only takes from your pouch, but from the hub it’ll auto search whether you have those items or not.

It’ll also tell you if you can make an item by first producing another item and will allow you to auto-make that first, which is super useful.

So if I’m missing an ingredient for a bomb, but I have the mats to make that material, the game will allow me to make it via the bomb crafting screen.

Awesome stuff. A lot of the QoL changes are brilliant, stuff like a notification when you've collected the stuff you need for a weapon or armour etc is ace, really feels like they've thought about the player.

And then there's the MP stuff and it's like they haven't given it a second's thought. Or they've decided to spite you intentionally.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sounds like Splatoon so. They must have no internet in Japan.
  • Vastik Root is the newest member of BnB Team Clawless. Hurry while there’s still space!
    Spoiler:
  • Chaps, to save me time of going through pages of this thread. Can I ask what the opinion of this game is in general. As a single player with npc's and with online team?
  • It has idiosyncrasies out the arsehole but it’s being roundly enjoyed, basically.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    It does sound like the multiplayer is a pain, but just like the rest of World compared to previous entries in the series, it is by comparison miles easier. ;) You lot don't know you're born, etc.

Nina can confirm just how difficult it was to communicate in MH4U.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Only done a few of the intro quests but I’m loving it so far, quality of life changes are great. Glad to be part of the squad
  • Correction - it seems you absolutely can join story missions you’ve done before. You just have to wait, like stated above, for mid-mission cutscenes to play.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, they broke that down on the new 8-4 play
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yes but why?

I'm hopeful of a patch to iron out that kink to be honest, can't be that difficult.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not sure the Japs see these things as kinks.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's completely bamboozling. Why can't your squad just walk around the shared space. It makesa no sensa.

Loving the game though. I have a billion questions about it but will have fun discovering the answers.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They obviously don't want to risk anyone meeting another person or anything like that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here comes daddy

fP1sB4m.jpg

Real talk, not patronising etc, if you're on PS4 and needing to get your head around this game let me know and I'll do a session with you . I'm by no means an expert (tempy lauds his HR over me) but I can get you going into the rhythm.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    They obviously don't want to risk anyone meeting another person or anything like that.

It's not that as you can call for help from randos all over the shop. Just not before the cutscene showing a monster. Utterly bizarre.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I haven't actually managed to play yet so I'm only firing off misgivings about Jap online in general. I'll probably be properly annoyed when I get to play later.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    From what it sounds like, it's a wonky hangover from old mohans - they love you encountering them and have always had their biscuits with this cutscenes. Likely feels completely archaic now.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Looks'lovely on't X. Very pretty game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Looks'lovely on't X. Very pretty game.

This is my biggest thing. Cant even comprehend a Mohan beyond a 3DS. Bet it's storming
  • Kow wrote:

It's not that as you can call for help from randos all over the shop. Just not before the cutscene showing a monster. Utterly bizarre.

Yeah - playing together isn’t hard at all. Just, a bit weird. Did some coop with Shabby earlier - easy to join, no hiccups, just had to wait a bit.

Internet cut off unfortunately, so I have to wait for now in order to play online some more. Just doing solo quests and expeditions - bliss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!