Monster Hunter
  • Given how the limited amount of time I get to put into games nowadays, Jon, you’ll have me to play with once you get it. And then you’ll overtake me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm going to see what I can trade on a bunch of stuff tomorrow and see if I can spring for this.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm always happy to join players that won't get this for the next couple weeks / months. Think this game should make it easier to jump back to weapons and armour that aren't too powerful for the first quests.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive, if it doesn't come today, I'll probably have to wait till Monday.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    My biggest/only gripe with this so far is overly insistent NPCs. Makes me nostalgic for Navi and "Hey! Listen!".

As an adherent of the Church of the Great Sword, I am of course utilising the One True Weapon. But I might be a bit naughty on weekends, when god isn't watching, and use the Switch Axe.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The multiplayer in this is laughable. I can't join a game because the host hasn't seen some cutscenes? Joke game.

Look at the hoop jumping crap you have to do in this link: https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/26/monster-hunter-world-how-to-invite-join-a-party-and-play-with-friends-in-online-multiplayer/

What the fuck is going on there? It's not on a Nintendo console ffs.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Play it solo like us real men.
  • The multiplayer in this is laughable. I can't join a game because the host hasn't seen some cutscenes? Joke game.

Look at the hoop jumping crap you have to do in this link: https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/26/monster-hunter-world-how-to-invite-join-a-party-and-play-with-friends-in-online-multiplayer/

What the fuck is going on there? It's not on a Nintendo console ffs.

Yeah - there’s some really weird online idiosyncrasies and those are the biggest flaw in an otherwise amazing game.

The squad (clan) system seems really good, but letting people join is a fucking hassle because you can’t send out invites and only the leader can ask someone to join.

So, for the BnB clan:

1. I have to be online at the same time as the other person.
    2. I have to invite them to my game.
    3. I can then, and only then, invite them to join the clan.
    4. Now they can enjoy the BnB Squad instance even when I’m not about.

It’s weird and it’s a pain.

Story coop is a no-go, apparently, if you’re not at the same point, so it’s rando, SOS flare or nowt if you need help.

It’s a really good game but yeah - these are hoops I would have expected on the Switch. I’m hoping that a lot of this gets patched. But, even if not, I’ll still be playing shitloads because this game is amazing.

Fingers crossed.

• Why can’t I change my appearance?
    It allows me to edit it and then ignores the changes.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Why can’t I change my appearance?

You often have to go down to the confirm button - if you’re making the same mistake I did.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, for the record I'm loving the game, but it seems like the multiplayer is for after you've completed the story as most missions will have cutscenes. Really odd decision. Why not just make everyone sit through the cutscenes?
  • Should've played FNF mate.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    But you get upset when you lose.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:

You often have to go down to the confirm button - if you’re making the same mistake I did.

It stores the change when i go back to the editir, but never applies it to the character

• I cannot extend my excel mastery to another game in MHW, jeez
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:

It stores the change when i go back to the editir, but never applies it to the character

Well then I’m stumped - sorry, mate.
  • Yeah, for the record I'm loving the game, but it seems like the multiplayer is for after you've completed the story as most missions will have cutscenes. Really odd decision. Why not just make everyone sit through the cutscenes?

That’s the conclusion I came to, too - they seem to want you to do the campaign mostly solo, with SOS there if you hit a wall, and then team up for all the post-game and side content.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So mental online setup is not just a Nintendo thing, it's a Japanese thing.
  • Its because I’m thick. I swapped to origin armour and the headpiece for that has hair that was not too disimilar to my characters
  • Kow wrote:
    So mental online setup is not just a Nintendo thing, it's a Japanese thing.

Perhaps, I dunno. There certainly seems to be a difference between how easy it is to jump in / jump out of western online games.

But here’s the thing - in some ways, MoHans online offering is actually more comprehensive than many western titles - the squad system basically gives you a mini private server where your clan hangs out, can drink and chat, and then head off to missions either solo or in groups. It’d be like if you could have a version of Destiny’s tower with only your clan mates - and it’s really fucking cool.

So yeah, the issue isn’t the service - lag seems good, even if connection was a little unstable on day 1. The squad system is one of the best I’ve ever seen on a console game, and it’s piss easy to find quests to jump into.

It’s just an arse to jump through the hoops required to get there, which snacks to me of a dev team that didn’t look for outside inspiration and to look at how other games handled online systems.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    the squad system basically gives you a mini private server where your clan hangs out, can drink and chat, and then head off to missions either solo or in groups. .

??

Me and Sparky couldn't even see each other in the hub bit even though we were showing as in the same game.

• FranticPea wrote:
    the squad system basically gives you a mini private server where your clan hangs out, can drink and chat, and then head off to missions either solo or in groups. .

??

Me and Sparky couldn't even see each other in the hub bit even though we were showing as in the same game.

Go to the gathering hub on the 4th floor via the lift or up the stairs. You can then arm wrestle, emote at the canteen and just generally organise missions together.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Such negativity in this thread (and this forum). default_mellow.png

I know a lot of players have had connection issues. I imagine the servers are getting hammered. Plus PSN shit the bed again. Personally, its been perfect all day. Even just now with a worldwide specific search/hunt/monster it was almost instant.

I will admit the campaign co-op cut-scene nonsense is baffling to say the least! Its like they're forcing you to run the story solo. Capcom strikes again. lol!

Anyway i'm clearly in love with this game so i'll shut up.
  • Eh? Everyone seems to be loving it and our complaints - bizzare co-op / online restrictions - are the same as yours.

It’s all good, Curtis.
  • And seriously, been working all day and this game is the only thing I can think about. I wanna go hooooooommme.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What time will you be online?

I finally got the game, waiting for B to finish this episode of Cosmos, then I'll start creating my hunter.
  • Nina wrote:
    What time will you be online?

I finally got the game, waiting for B to finish this episode of Cosmos, then I'll start creating my hunter.

I’ll be online in 4 and a half hours - working late-ish today. I’m off all day tomorrow though, so don’t worry if that’s too late for you - and so is Shabby.

Will you still be about tonight in about 5 or so hours?

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Only if I get really hooked... It's 21:25 here and I'm not one to go to bed late. Might catch you if I'm up early enough! At least my character will be done by then

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!