Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Sunspots.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bob wrote:
    Is PSN being flakey today? Was disconnected twice this morning. Once when playing Driveclub online and once while playing The Crew.

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE USING IT PROPERLY GUFFAW ETC.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=GvpD3eM9rJo&x-yt-ts=1421914688

Hellblade development diary looks interesting.. although the guy in the black shirt is a bit.. Fastshow.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Interesting enough.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Are there any pitfalls to having a US PSN account on a UK system and buying US games? TLOU is on CDKeys for £17.99 but you need to activate it on  a US account. I have read up on how to create an account and how you have to set that as the primary PS4 to be able to play it from a UK account. Is there anything else to be wary of with this kind of thing? I don't want to be having to faff about switching accounts every time I want to play it.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, it works fine. Keep all accounts set as primary accounts and everything works fine.
  • Kow wrote:
    Nah, it works fine. Keep all accounts set as primary accounts and everything works fine.

So any games purchased on other accounts are all playable, and re-downloadable, from my main UK account? No switching required?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They'll show up on the PS store download list of the US account. It's just a long PS button press away to switch accounts on the PS4 though so why the beef with that? Very quick and easy.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I suppose if you wanted to re-download a game, you'd have to do it via the account you bought it on. But it'll be playable on all accounts.
  • isanbard wrote:
    They'll show up on the PS store download list of the US account. It's just a long PS button press away to switch accounts on the PS4 though so why the beef with that? Very quick and easy.

I don't have a problem with that, I just thought I should check before I bought it then found out that you had to stand on one leg while hanging out the window reciting the alphabet backwards before you could switch.

I think I'll head over to CD Keys and snap it up. Thanks for all the info.
  • Sorry, do I have to create a new PSN ID for the US account or is it possible to have it tied to my current LtPidgeon one? How does that work?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You'll have to create a new one, with a new email address.
  • Kow wrote:
    You'll have to create a new one, with a new email address.

It's fair enough to have another ID, but if I'm playing it from my UK account will it show as being from my UK account or my US account?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Whichever you're logged in under at the time - ie the uk one
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It'll show as whatever account you're using. You can use the US account to download and then play online etc from your UK account just like normal.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The game will behave exactly as if it was a UK bought disk or download game.
  • Thanks again. One last thing, how do I associate a UK credit card to a US account if I was looking to purchase stuff from the US store? On the account sign-up page it wouldn't let me change the country from US, and I would imagine that this would cause an issue with the fake residential address not tying up with the registered billing address of the card? If you know what I mean?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That's the only slightly daft bit  really Pidgeon. Simplest I've found is buying US PSN cards from somewhere (I use PlayAsia, they deliver instantly as a rule but I'm sure others have plenty of options. I did use Amazon US as you can quite easily get a US address that works with your current UK account but it buggered up eventually for me) 

Cards seem easiest, just dial in the code and bingo!
  • isanbard wrote:
    That's the only slightly daft bit  really Pidgeon. Simplest I've found is buying US PSN cards from somewhere (I use PlayAsia, they deliver instantly as a rule but I'm sure others have plenty of options. I did use Amazon US as you can quite easily get a US address that works with your current UK account but it buggered up eventually for me)  Cards seem easiest, just dial in the code and bingo!

Same thing really, I've bought credit from Amazon.com (rather than .co.uk). Can be done with any credit or debit card, you just need to set up a US billing address.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • isanbard wrote:
    That's the only slightly daft bit  really Pidgeon. Simplest I've found is buying US PSN cards from somewhere (I use PlayAsia, they deliver instantly as a rule but I'm sure others have plenty of options. I did use Amazon US as you can quite easily get a US address that works with your current UK account but it buggered up eventually for me)  Cards seem easiest, just dial in the code and bingo!

I thought that might be the only option but I just thought I would check if it was possible.

Account created, code redeemed. Mission accomplished.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay Sas. Yank Amazon worked fine for me and they have a digital direct store too with their own sales iirc. After a bit it just seemed to start asking security questions when I tried to log in and then eventually stopped processing the transactions. 
    I imagine I could get it working again but the cards are easier just for now. 

Some nice little treats on the US store. 1001 Spikes may never get a Eu release due to localisation/cert costs apparently. Plenty of other nice little things to be had not just a tax dodging exercise. ;)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Entering PS Plus:
    4th February: Apotheon (PS4)
    4th February: Transistor (PS4)
    4th February: Thief (PS3)
    4th February: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
    4th February: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
    4th February: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)
  • Transistor is good news!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bought Transistor ages ago, played it once whilst drunk and never been back to it since.
  • I played the demo of Bastion and never bought it but I liked it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Bought Transistor ages ago, played it once worst drink and never been back to it since.
    Are you still drink?
  • Looking forward to Transistor.
  • So after I bought TLOU, I got told that I didn't have enough space to download it. I've only got about 6 bloody games and my HD is full. What is the best way to expand the storage of a PS4? Bigger internal or plug in external? Anything to be aware of? Can I back up what's already on the drive and restore it to the new one? Or is it just a reinstall of everything?
  • You have to buy a bigger internal HD, save your saves onto Usb or The Cloud and install the latest update to your hardrive via USB and redownload everything from the store.

That's it in a nutshell
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Check how much storage you have you may have 200gb of saved videos.

Internal is the only route, 2.5" sata.
    Just send your saves ro the cloud and redown load what you want.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!