Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • PSN store maintenance. Again. 

Fuck this shit. I'm getting a Bone ASAP.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    PSN store maintenance. Again. 

Fuck this shit. I'm getting a Bone ASAP.

Bone had it yesterday.

• So rogue legacy and transistor are double good.
    Apotheosis is a bit slow though.

Transistor is a bit weird to get used to and I don't quite get what's really going on.
    Anyone any tips?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've only played it a bit but find the heavy attack a bit wank. Use the pause thing in the big guys. Not as good as Bastion.
  • Really impressed by Apotheon. Just wish there was a way to zoom in on its wonderful ancient Greek ceramic inspired visuals.
  • Move closer to the telly.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    and it can't be worse than Ghosts.

I actually thought Ghosts was great. or at least it became great once the DLC landed. Included maps were uninspired but the DLC maps really added a lot more personality and much needed silliness to proceedings.
  • indigo wrote:
    Really impressed by Apotheon. Just wish there was a way to zoom in on its wonderful ancient Greek ceramic inspired visuals.
    n0face wrote:
    Move closer to the telly.
    Or buy a bigger one.
  • Well I have 25GB space left on my drive and I don't have that many games. For the moment I'll just have to delete stuff and reinstall when I actually want to play it. Guess I'll have to invest in a larger drive.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Well I have 25GB space left on my drive and I don't have that many games. For the moment I'll just have to delete stuff and reinstall when I actually want to play it. Guess I'll have to invest in a larger drive.

That is pretty shit. I had to delete ZombiiU off my WiiU so that I could buy Metroid Prime Trilogy. That, in itself, is pretty shit because the E-Shop won't let you buy a game if you don't have space to install it. I thought I could have bought it and then downloaded it once I had put an external hd in place.

I put my PS4 500Gb drive into the Seagate enclosure and stuck it on my Bone.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • How do I check how much space I have? Mine must be approaching full. I've deleted Infamous: SS and Farcry4 and anything I've finished.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    How do I check how much space I have? Mine must be approaching full. I've deleted Infamous: SS and Farcry4 and anything I've finished.

Settings - Data Storage Management, I think.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    indigo wrote:
    Really impressed by Apotheon. Just wish there was a way to zoom in on its wonderful ancient Greek ceramic inspired visuals.
    n0face wrote:
    Move closer to the telly.
    Or buy a bigger one.

That would harm my eyes/wallet. I'm thinking of something simple like a pinch input on the track-pad.
    Rayman Origins had something similar (screen-pinching) on the Vita, it does a great job of highlighting the quality of the in-game art.
  • You know I love y'all - honds and all that - but this thread, possibly more than any other on this forum (and, boy, that's saying something), needs a massive RTFM upon opening.
  • You've done it again adkm? What does RTFM mean?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Read The Fantastic* Manual.

* Or another word.
  • Alright troops, it's been a while. Never posted much on here but was fairly active on the old site before the grand exodus. Been feeling the itch to buy a PS4 (or Xbone) recently - where currently has the best hardware + games deal? Probably looking for an extra controller. Games I'm currently interested in - Last Of Us, Battlefield 4 (are people still playing it much? If not I'd maybe go for Destiny instead), Dying Light, GTA V, FIFA 15 (although I've already got the previous two on 360, so not a priority)... Please give me any more recommendations you have too.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Read The Fantastic* Manual. * Or another word.

current manuals are rubbish.. plus t'internet has made us lazy.
    The Forum Herald™
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Alright troops, it's been a while. Never posted much on here but was fairly active on the old site before the grand exodus. Been feeling the itch to buy a PS4 (or Xbone) recently - where currently has the best hardware + games deal? Probably looking for an extra controller. Games I'm currently interested in - Last Of Us, Battlefield 4 (are people still playing it much? If not I'd maybe go for Destiny instead), Dying Light, GTA V, FIFA 15 (although I've already got the previous two on 360, so not a priority)... Please give me any more recommendations you have too.

Have a browse through Hotukdeals.com
    Deals come around pretty often: http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=PS4
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Alright troops, it's been a while. Never posted much on here but was fairly active on the old site before the grand exodus. Been feeling the itch to buy a PS4 (or Xbone) recently - where currently has the best hardware + games deal? Probably looking for an extra controller. Games I'm currently interested in - Last Of Us, Battlefield 4 (are people still playing it much? If not I'd maybe go for Destiny instead), Dying Light, GTA V, FIFA 15 (although I've already got the previous two on 360, so not a priority)... Please give me any more recommendations you have too.

All those choices are great imo.
    Theres not many on here except me andmy friends still on bf4 but your welcome to join us, pranky and another friend douggie have got it recently and want to play it in a squad.
    Destiny  is the forum g.o.t.y.  Worth a buy but you may need the season pass or 1st dlc to get playing with others from here and youll have to invest the time to get to the best parts. (i dont mind helping you with any of this though)
    Also welcome back pal.
  • Cheers guys! Will maybe try and get some sort of deal with Last Of Us and Destiny then, and trade some 360 stuff to get Dying Light once it hits shelves (although my local has the US import already).

Have to say I'm absolutely shocked at the price of the controllers for the new machines. Have Sony sorted out the rubber on the Dualshock sticks?
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Apparently so. It's only early doors pads that suffer.
  • Haven't seen that many good PS4 deals recently Sean. Best price I've seen is £280.00 for the console only (can't bring myself to type solu...nope, can't do it) at Simply Games, or £290.00 for white console only at Gamestop. Also, Amazon are selling the Destiny Limited Edition for £45.00 (I'm sure it was only £30.00 a couple of weeks ago) and that includes the season pass, so that would save you money if you want the dlc, as I think the total cost of the dlc is £35.00.
  • Bob wrote:
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Read The Fantastic* Manual. * Or another word.
    current manuals are rubbish.. plus t'internet has made us lazy.

I would still love a hard copy manual with my console and with every game.
  • Add me to the PS4 contingent, Crumbled after a nice present from HMRC and have pre-ordered the order and bloodrayne. Any ps4 exclusives worth picking up that are available now?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Good to have you both on board, its a cracking console when it all works.
  • It's noisier than I was expecting, but all in all a v good looking machine.
  • Noisier? Sounds broken. Take it back.
  • Driveclub is great Jimmy and you should be able to get it pretty cheap now. Graphical showcase and all that.

I've got nothing else yet but everyone raves about Resogun and Nidhogg is supposed to be great.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Resogun is possibly good if you like twitchy arcade shooter thingies, but it made zero impression on me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!