Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • PSN purchases require a password and a code sent via text message.  You can do it from the security settings on the console.
  • Ta.

How longs that been a thing?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If you do the two-step thing, do you have to choose a different password to your current one?
  • Andy wrote:
    I don't have particularly large or protruding ears, but the cups on the golds - while large and padded - are not large and padded enough. The hard speaker cover presses my ear enough to mildly irritate, and then cause discomfort bordering on mild pain over time.

Is your address by any chance Bash Street?
    The Forum Herald™
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Is anyone on the beta program having issues with their external HD?
    Did you get a beta code that you could give me please ? I've read that people on the beta program have been given codes to share.

I'm desperate to try Ps4 pro boost mode and 3d movies on the PSVR
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Is anyone on the beta program having issues with their external HD?
    Did you get a beta code that you could give me please ? I've read that people on the beta program have been given codes to share. I'm desperate to try Ps4 pro boost mode and 3d movies on the PSVR

I'm not on the beta although I did apply the other day. I was speaking to a guy on another forum who is on it who was saying that some people have been having issues with certain types of external HD. 

I am patiently waiting for my code from Sony.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Ahhhhhhh , cheers
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Ahhhhhhh , cheers

I'll keep you in mind if I get on it.
  • Ta. How longs that been a thing?
    JMW wrote:
    If you do the two-step thing, do you have to choose a different password to your current one?

Less than a year, and I didn't.
  • You got any of that 2-step, mate?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    PSN purchases require a password and a code sent via text message.  You can do it from the security settings on the console.

I don't know if there are different levels, but mine only requires the code when you sign in. To force the issue, when you set it up, you can tell it to sign out of anywhere else you're signed in (like your computer).

Since PS3 and PS Vita don't have 2FA programmed in, it generates a new password for them. That's a one-time thing.
  • nick_md wrote:
    You got any of that 2-step, mate?

Do I look like Dave Matthews?
  • Andy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    PSN purchases require a password and a code sent via text message.  You can do it from the security settings on the console.
    I don't know if there are different levels, but mine only requires the code when you sign in. To force the issue, when you set it up, you can tell it to sign out of anywhere else you're signed in (like your computer). Since PS3 and PS Vita don't have 2FA programmed in, it generates a new password for them. That's a one-time thing.

Doesn't that render this a bit pointless? Can't hackers just get into your account through one of them?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No, because it generates a new password for them.
  • As in, you request a new password, and it's sent to your phone.
  • Or maybe it's on the computer you're on, I can't remember, but you needed 2FA to get into that, so you're fine.
  • But if its a one time thing how does that help?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No, it's needed any time you sign in to a new device.
  • Ah, gotcha.

Will sort it all out next time I log in.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

• Come with g if you want to live...
  • Td:dw 

What's the gist g?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Pretty much what you'd expect. Boost improves framerate and texture loading speeds for unpatched games, but not as much of an improvement as seen in those with a Pro patch.
  • No bad thing I suppose, but it's all a bit meh really.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So the whole Pro being a minor upgrade thing may well be true but if you do have a 4kTV (ideally with HDR) it turns out the difference is pretty pronounced.  I played a quick game of proevo with my son last night on his standard machine on his 1080 tv and I couldn't get over how soft it all looked, even initially thinking the PS4 had somehow re-set itself to 480 or something.  Even the ps-home screen looked like a previous gen display.  I'm now that bit more appreciative of what I have.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    PS+ games are available on the web store, for anyone who wants to tell their PS4 to download them in readiness for home-time.
    Anyone have views on LBP3? I played the first when it came out and think I finished the sp, wondered if this one has a decent campaign to run through?

Campaign's pretty short from what I remember.  The floatiness that irritated so many remains, but it has a couple of moments of genuine invention.  I'd say it's probably the weakest LBP, but if you enjoyed the original at all then it's worth checking out given it's free...

Cool, I'll have a look!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Boost mode seems like a no brainer really. If the game gets patched then maybe you get an up res. But a more steady frame rate for existing games is exactly what I'd want out of the Pro out of the box.
  • I e found that games seem to run smoother and I only have a 1080P tv.
  • I played a quick game of proevo with my son last night on his standard machine on his 1080 tv and I couldn't get over how soft it all looked, even initially thinking the PS4 had somehow re-set itself to 480 or something.  Even the ps-home screen looked like a previous gen display.

How old is your son's TV? Mine is six and a half years old. It looks great a lot of the time, but compared to my mate's much newer telly, it looks really soft. I was amazed at the difference his telly made when he still had a 360, how good FIFA 13 looked on his telly, compared to the PS4 on mine.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Pretty sure I'm buying PSVR once Ace Combat comes out and it doesn't review shit. If the stars align they might actually do a fucking bundle.
    It's coming to xbox if you already have one. Or pc too. Just in case you were assuming the game was still ps4 exclusive.  I'd buy a console for Ace Combat.

Nay I did not know. But that's expensive land for VR currently.
  • Ahh I missed the VR bit. Not sure if it supports VR on all platforms.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!