Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I think £10 is reasonable now they're putting retails games on PS4 in the monthly selection. Has the price ever gone up on it since inception?
    ? Plus has always had retail games? Since its PS3 inception. The point on PS4 is to allow you to play online, isn't it? And the games were a bonus. So now it's more expensive than Xbox Live.

Yeah but PS4 has mostly had indie crap until recently ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'd be cancelling if I hadn't done it a few months back. That's just taking advantage of the fact that the userbase is much larger now. Poor gamers.

Hope Microsoft don't follow suit.
  • What is it, a 20% increase? Wonder what the lapse/cancel rate will be.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • That's quite a high rate.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Certainly higher than 20% ;-)
  • They can get fucked.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tbf when I have it I pay a fiver a month anyway so fuck it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Considering its taken me more than a day to download updates for dead rising 4 and cod, maybe the time saved is worth it

TROOLLLL
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    You get what you pay for up in Scotland Mr 33.6kbps ;)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its about a quid more a month.

FUCKING OUTRAGE RRRAAAAHHHH
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:

Oh you mean. Mr 20.4 . It ain't the downloads I'm worried about, it the discs.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Its about a quid more a month.

FUCKING OUTRAGE RRRAAAAHHHH

It's the Destiny 2 exclusive content tax.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I think £10 is reasonable now they're putting retails games on PS4 in the monthly selection. Has the price ever gone up on it since inception?
    ? Plus has always had retail games? Since its PS3 inception. The point on PS4 is to allow you to play online, isn't it? And the games were a bonus. So now it's more expensive than Xbox Live.

This is whats really pissed me off about PS+

They've softly introduced payed online disguised with free games.

I just don't get enough out of the games they offer and subsequently lose out on playing online, its turned into a big negative for me.

Now even Nintendo are at it, soon at least. I play MK8 online about once a fortnight, next year I'll have to pay for that and probably won't which is a shame.

You can say I'm being tight but we've gone from last Gen where two of the three offered free online to all three charging. At one point I thought MS might drop the Live charge to go in-line with Sony and Nintendo's free model, how wrong I was.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I reckon MS will follow suite with Live. Gonna scout about for a renewal deal now as one thing's for sure, it's not going to get any cheaper.

The Nintendo thing might be worth it for the SNES games alone, I'm sure it was supposed to be pretty cheap.
  • I'll pay it as I love the surprise each month (and building a library, got 70+ available on PS4), but I'll be irritated if they move toward full retail games.  If they offered an indie package at £20 and an indie + retail package at £50 I'd opt for the former.  I'll give most short games a go, but random retail, or 'AAA' games is an unappealing prospect for me.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Oh you mean. Mr 20.4 . It ain't the downloads I'm worried about, it the discs.

Dysan_floppy_disk_01.jpg

FTW!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I reckon MS will follow suite with Live. Gonna scout about for a renewal deal now as one thing's for sure, it's not going to get any cheaper. The Nintendo thing might be worth it for the SNES games alone, I'm sure it was supposed to be pretty cheap.

You might as well buy a SNES or use an emulator.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Could do, but I really do love that Switch.
  • I'm trying to figure out if Destiny 2 is worth the Xbox Live renewal. I'm thinking probably not. I'm enjoying my Switch so much, both the PS4 and Bone are largely redundant.
  • Yeh Sony can get fucked. 

I pay each month and just let it auto renew despite never going online and very rarely play the plus games.

I'll rejoin if theres a MP game I want to really get in to.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yo lads just got a pro cheap. No instructions so how do I transfer my profile over with data?
  • When you set it up it should ask you if you want to do it, and give you instructions on how to do it. Might need to reset it if it isn't new.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    If you've still got an old ps4 you can connect them with a cable... I'd make sure you delete anything on the old one that isn't 'essential' mind. Speeds this up a touch.

If it's in your bought library you can still download it and the saves at any point in the future.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sound lads cheers. It's empty, brand new. 120 off the back of a lorry. Love living in a shit area.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:

I just don't get enough out of the games they offer and subsequently lose out on playing online, its turned into a big negative for me.

Now even Nintendo are at it, soon at least. I play MK8 online about once a fortnight, next year I'll have to pay for that and probably won't which is a shame.

You can say I'm being tight but we've gone from last Gen where two of the three offered free online to all three charging. At one point I thought MS might drop the Live charge to go in-line with Sony and Nintendo's free model, how wrong I was.

Lol
    Tl:dr

But Xbox have been bumming you for years with paid for online disguised as paid for online
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:

Lol
    Tl:dr

But Xbox have been bumming you for years with paid for online disguised as paid for online

Come again?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What's the deal with the PS3 games on PS Plus? Are they playable on the PS4? Genuine question, I've been wondering since I subscribed last month.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    What's the deal with the PS3 games on PS Plus? Are they playable on the PS4? Genuine question, I've been wondering since I subscribed last month.
    The deal is they are for PS3 owners who sub
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yes I gathered that, but that doesn't answer my question.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!