Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    K thanks. Was just curious as I quite fancied trying that Tokyo Jungle nonsense for a laugh. Ah well.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Yes I gathered that, but that doesn't answer my question.

Do you own a ps3?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not any more
  • Why would the PS4 be magically backwards compatible with ps+ games?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Why the fuck not
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Why would the PS4 be magically backwards compatible with ps+ games?

Cos MS
  • Bob wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I think £10 is reasonable now they're putting retails games on PS4 in the monthly selection. Has the price ever gone up on it since inception?
    ? Plus has always had retail games? Since its PS3 inception. The point on PS4 is to allow you to play online, isn't it? And the games were a bonus. So now it's more expensive than Xbox Live.

This is whats really pissed me off about PS+

They've softly introduced payed online disguised with free games.

I just don't get enough out of the games they offer and subsequently lose out on playing online, its turned into a big negative for me.

Now even Nintendo are at it, soon at least. I play MK8 online about once a fortnight, next year I'll have to pay for that and probably won't which is a shame.

You can say I'm being tight but we've gone from last Gen where two of the three offered free online to all three charging. At one point I thought MS might drop the Live charge to go in-line with Sony and Nintendo's free model, how wrong I was.

Lol
    Tl:dr

But Xbox have been bumming you for years with paid for online disguised as paid for online

Come again?

Yeah, come again?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He'll need more stimulation than that
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Why would the PS4 be magically backwards compatible with ps+ games?

I just wondered if some maybe were as they show up on the PS4 dash.
  • Bob wrote:
    ... whats really pissed me off about PS+

Lol

But Xbox have been bumming you for years with paid for online disguised as paid for online

Come again?

Yeah, come again?
    Not really all that hard to parse tbh, just thumbing the nose at Xbox starting the trend of having to pay for online.
  • It was fine when Xbox 360 had decent online infrastructure that you paid for, when PS and Nintendo had rubbish online but which you didn't have to pay for.

But now all 3 are rubbish and paid for. So... that's ok?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That suggests that Xbox Live has got worse. Has it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    ... whats really pissed me off about PS+

Lol

Come again?

Yeah, come again?
    Not really all that hard to parse tbh, just thumbing the nose at Xbox starting the trend of having to pay for online.

I don't get two things there though, where the disguise comes in and what's wrong with paying for a good service?
  • I think it has , never had as many outages and problems since the Xbox One has been released
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It was fine when Xbox 360 had decent online infrastructure that you paid for, when PS and Nintendo had rubbish online but which you didn't have to pay for.

But now all 3 are rubbish and paid for. So... that's ok?

Exactly, it's not, and imo PS+ was a big part of getting to this point.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hang on, I thought Flower was PS3 version I was playing on my PS4 but it's not. I thought Journey was the same.
  • Yeah they've ported a load of those indie ones from last gen.
  • I was happy paying for Live last gen, when i owned both and the difference was so stark. But now it's years later and Sony are asking fifty quid for a service that is only really as good as that being offered by their competition last gen. The free games haven't been doing much for me for a while and I've got no use for the online anymore. So I'll let it lapse.
  • djchump wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    ... whats really pissed me off about PS+ They've softly introduced payed online disguised with free games. ...
    Lol Tl:dr But Xbox have been bumming you for years with paid for online disguised as paid for online
    Come again?
    Yeah, come again?

Sometimes I feel I'm wasted around these parts...

Keep the faith chump
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yep, MS are arseholes.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm not suggesting that. But if that's what you've taken from it well done ..go to the top of the cla... no hang on. Don't be an eejit
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paid for online is not a good thing, thats all I'm getting at.

It was free on PS and one point and now it isn't, the service has arguably got worse and now they're putting the price up.

So yeah I'm having a little moan.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I still don't get it. When Xbox Live was introduced it was as an online service only, no free games, and people were happy to pay it.

What were they disguising there?

PS+ started as a monthly subscription for a selection of games with odds and sods like cloud saves, but the online play was still free. Now it's not, and now it's getting a price hike.

So Retro's point is valid, as the PS+ model has changed and become worse value, whereas the Xbox Live service has added free games to the existing service and stayed the same price, so it is better value?
  • I've got two nephews mooching from online subs on a 360 and PS3 respectively, so their Christmas presents - a code in a card - double up as a gifting myself around 40 games on the Bone and PS4.  They might send out the odd Minecraft invitation, but partridgeshrug.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've got two nephews mooching from online subs on a 360 and PS3 respectively, so their Christmas presents - a code in a card - double up as a gifting myself around 40 games on the Bone and PS4.  They might send out the odd Minecraft invitation, but partridgeshrug.

This is a good example of the + service working and I don't have a problem with that. Paying for the monthly games is fine, and there are plenty of people out there who benefit from it. 

Individuals can weigh up if that sevice is worthwhile for them, its all good.

My problem is when online play quietly became a part of that service. I had + for a few years, loved it at first, financially benefiting from it playing are more than the £40 charge. That slowly changed though and got to a point where I wasn't playing anything so decided to let it lapse.

By this point the online was a part of the service so the odd MP on CoD or PES was lost to me.

Now I'm at a point where I have to pay just for those odd games and a + service I get nothing from. I'm always looking at the monthly games hoping its starts stringing together a service worthwhile for me. Nothing yet, I'm still on the fence and Sony have pushed me further away with this £10 increase.

PS+ is great for those that want it, paid online isn't.

As an individual I'm in a worse situation than I was before + existed.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The transfer from ps4 to pro is fairly rapid, fair fucks. Estimated 90 minutes
  • So , has anyone tried the Lawbreakers beta that's available ? I think it looks great. Can't try it myself as I've just moved and got no internet till Tuesday
  • Also regarding the Ps4 Pro , getting a new 4K Tele on weds . What's the best games in 4K ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!