Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • The last guardian vr experience 12 december free.
    No the last guardian game needed.
  • Wipeout vr...
    Free update adds vr modes to omega collection.
    (early 2018)
  • digi wrote:
    Psx is live so davie has your ps news stuff.

For page turn..
  • Dreams is nearly ready, a little bit shown....
    Beta will be happening but no dates announced yet.
  • digi wrote:
    The last guardian vr experience 12 december free.

What?!?!??!!?!?!
  • Blazeblue cross tag battle.
    early 2018
  • digi wrote:
    The last guardian vr experience 12 december free.

What?!?!??!!?!?!

I know right!!!!
  • More soul calibur vi
    Early 2018
  • Monster hunter world stuff
  • Missed a few things there but theres been lots of talking and showing of dreams, god of war, detroit, and some little weird indies.
  • Death stranding stuff now, andrew house and mark cerny on stage chatting etc.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I missed Hermen from Guerrilla Games, did you catch that @Davie and did he say /announce anything interesting?

(so many nominations last night at the Game Awards and no wins for HZD, must still hurt)
  • I did @nina and his little bits of banter with corey balrog were fun and interesting.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks Davie, I'll need to catch up with that. It's B his old boss after all.

Tuned in just at the right time, Monster Hunter World trailer was on when I dropped in.
  • There all still sat there while kojima is talking.
    And gg just got acknowledge for there great game engine.
    :)
  • Medieval getting a remake!
  • Getting a showing too
  • And done for this segment.

Kinda funny games greg miller next up.
  • digi wrote:
    The last guardian vr experience 12 december free. No the last guardian game needed.

Not to piss on your chips, but the framerate will need some serious work to make it safe to play in vr.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    digi wrote:
    The last guardian vr experience 12 december free. No the last guardian game needed.

Not to piss on your chips, but the framerate will need some serious work to make it safe to play in vr.

Its standalone so its entirely seperate from the actual game.
    Playstation vr has no games at lower than 60 fps and the breakout box does a thing called refracting that doubles this.
    Games can be 60 minimum but also 90 or 120 and will all be doubled for smooth gameplay.

• Ok that's encouraging then. The scale of architecture in any Ueda game would be well fitted to VR.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Is it done by Gendesign or has it been outsourced, do you know?
  • Andy wrote:
    I haven’t been back to it as I wanted to wait until I could devote a larger block of time to it. The opening sequence is one of the single most affecting, effective, immersive, disturbing sequences I’ve ever experienced. The combat certainly isn’t what I was expecting, given the studio’s previous output, but I’m really looking forward to getting back to it.

Is the combat odd, or just simplistic?  Where does it sit on the Sands of Time to Bayonetta scale?
  • Where is it on the scale of a game I haven’t played for 14 years and one I haven’t played at all? Dunno, sorry. :(

It’s odd and basic. Bear in mind I haven’t played it since a few days after it came out, and didn’t play much (or well) but it puts you against multiple enemies, while not really equipping you with the move set to deal with multiple enemies. The only successful tactic seems to be to manoeuvre yourself so the enemies are lined up and only one can reach you.

I’m maybe being unfair. The game teaches you almost nothing about it, so it was a while before I realised there was a dodgeroll.
  • How noticable is the difference from ps4 to ps4 pro in terms of performance outside of 4k. I dont have a 4k tv but due to the nature of a work bonus I might end up getting a ps4 or pro as part of a package instead of cash. Obviously, the difference could be used on something else so I'm just curious is the ps4 good enough as I have no intention of a 4k tv for a while.
    SFV - reddave360
  • From PSX: the ability to change our usernames might be coming in the next year.
  • PS plus sale has some decent games reduced to reasonable prices.
  • The sale that’s been on for over a week? Someone should’ve mentioned it at the time.
  • Andy wrote:
    Where is it on the scale of a game I haven’t played for 14 years and one I haven’t played at all? Dunno, sorry. :( It’s odd and basic. Bear in mind I haven’t played it since a few days after it came out, and didn’t play much (or well) but it puts you against multiple enemies, while not really equipping you with the move set to deal with multiple enemies. The only successful tactic seems to be to manoeuvre yourself so the enemies are lined up and only one can reach you. I’m maybe being unfair. The game teaches you almost nothing about it, so it was a while before I realised there was a dodgeroll.

I've just watched a couple of vids and I'm on the fence again now.  Combat looks slightly dodgy, rather than simply fun-but-outdated like Ryse.  I think I'll let the discount slip for now and maybe grab it at a similar price next year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!