Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Can I get my psn ID put on the list please?

It's yamyamgaz

Some of you might be on my Xbox friends list but I don't really switch it on any more. Xbox gamertag is old bazmundo fyi

I would have done this, but someone else did already. Hmmm. Can a mod edit posts now?

Nice one I'll send some requests out next time I'm online.

Do you guys get together on any games?

• We do but its all over the place at the minute.

Destiny2 were great for the amount of people playing but lately thats fallen off a lot and im practicaly the only one playing from here.

Monster hunter world had huge swathes of people chopping in and out.

I think it more or less depends wbat your playing,
    Always happy to jump in with you though if you your playing anything i own.
  • I added him to the list this morning Syph.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I will be back on at some point after June once work quietens down.

@LtPidgeon - my switch is an optical/HDMI splitter so it wouldn’t do what you want it to do. I basically use it just to split out the optical audio from the HDMI cable while passing through a HDR 4K feed. That cost me £42 on amazon. And it is powered. My optical cable then goes into another optical switch that takes 4 optical cables and allows me to drive 5.1 from the Apple TV, PS4, TV and UHD player. That is also powered but it runs from a usb socket on the tv but at least it doesn’t need another socket. I’m knackered just typing that.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I will be back on at some point after June once work quietens down. @LtPidgeon - my switch is an optical/HDMI splitter so it wouldn’t do what you want it to do. I basically use it just to split out the optical audio from the HDMI cable while passing through a HDR 4K feed. That cost me £42 on amazon. And it is powered. My optical cable then goes into another optical switch that takes 4 optical cables and allows me to drive 5.1 from the Apple TV, PS4, TV and UHD player. That is also powered but it runs from a usb socket on the tv but at least it doesn’t need another socket. I’m knackered just typing that.

Ah, I see. Oh for our childhood of an RF cable to a black and white portable!
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • digi wrote:
    We do but its all over the place at the minute.

Destiny2 were great for the amount of people playing but lately thats fallen off a lot and im practicaly the only one playing from here.

I've got a decent library I've built up but I havnt bought that much recently.

A few notable multiplayer games I have....

Last of us
    Speed runners
    Gang beasts
    Nidhogg 2
    Pro evo 2017
    For honour
    Uncharted 4
    GTA V

The only one I've really put any time into is the Last of us though, I do love the slow pace of it compared to the modern day shooters.

I'm enjoying Shadow of War at the moment and at some point i wanna get round to finishing Until Dawn and the wolf among us. Thing is I keep buying these games in sales and never get round to them.

I was tempted by hellblade again last week but managed to hold off buying it.

• Can anyone with a PSVR V2 confirm that it does pas through 4K RGB and that there aren’t any weird issues?
  • Cupatay wrote:
    digi wrote:
    We do but its all over the place at the minute.

I've got a decent library I've built up but I havnt bought that much recently.

A few notable multiplayer games I have....

Last of us. GOT
    Speed runners. GOT
    Gang beasts.
    Nidhogg 2
    Pro evo 2017
    For honour
    Uncharted 4. GOT
    GTA V. GOT

The only one I've really put any time into is the Last of us though, I do love the slow pace of it compared to the modern day shooters.

I'm enjoying Shadow of War at the moment and at some point i wanna get round to finishing Until Dawn and the wolf among us. Thing is I keep buying these games in sales and never get round to them.

I was tempted by hellblade again last week but managed to hold off buying it.

Edited to show what i have same as you there.
    I have loads more too (4tb external and 2tb internal and all games except 4 on digital)
    Might get gang beasts too.

Last of us and gta v are great fun online
  • All good so far with the V2 PSVR and it’s passing full RGB. I’ll probably just keep my V1 for my daughter in the spare room. The new one just seems sleeker and neater with regards to the cabling.
  • @digi

I've hardly touched GTA V. I do like the Last of us online though, I would love to get a room full of people equally as bad as me at the game.

Speed runners is great fun and I could imagine gang beasts being pretty funny if the numbers were there.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Have you ever played trials or the golf club young man? Let me tell you a tale...
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Can anyone with a PSVR V2 confirm that it does pas through 4K RGB and that there aren’t any weird issues?

Not sure what that means exactly, but can confirm the TV works perfectly (HDR included) with it all hooked up.

I also bought Move controllers yesterday too. If you're going to do this, do it proper I guess.

And yeah, totally worth it.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Cupatay wrote:
    @digi I've hardly touched GTA V. I do like the Last of us online though, I would love to get a room full of people equally as bad as me at the game. Speed runners is great fun and I could imagine gang beasts being pretty funny if the numbers were there.

GTA V is really good fun online, and so much content now too.
    Kinda need 4 people for most of the best stuff though.

Il get last of us mp downloading today, loved it but aint played it for an age.
  • I still have trials on the 360 but never got it for the ps4 and I havnt played a golf game since the days of PGA tour on the mega drive.

I'm not sure why I've never took GTA V online, I imagine there's lots to do there if it's like an extension of the main games missions. I did hear somewhere they were going to go in the battle royal direction with an update.
  • JRPC wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Can anyone with a PSVR V2 confirm that it does pas through 4K RGB and that there aren’t any weird issues?
    Not sure what that means exactly, but can confirm the TV works perfectly (HDR included) with it all hooked up. I also bought Move controllers yesterday too. If you're going to do this, do it proper I guess. And yeah, totally worth it.

I’m still using my Move controllers from my V1.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    I'm not sure why I've never took GTA V online, I imagine there's lots to do there if it's like an extension of the main games missions. I did hear somewhere they were going to go in the battle royal direction with an update.

Theres LOADS to do online,

Heists.
    (about 5 all with prep work to do first)

Parachute car targets
    (teams launch of ramps and try to land on targets, smaller targets worth more points.
    You can also and are encouraged to launch in to opposite teams cars to knock them from the targets so they dont score)

Stunt races.
    (use a quad with folding in wheels that changes in to a jet skiand back again, a knightrider inspired car that has a jump button and infinite parachute, a rocket car that goes really fast and has recharchable boost)

Transform races.
    (Vehicles switch everytime you go thru a checkpoint.)

The new heists.
    (these were added in a latter update but have some crazy requirments to enter, a friend of mine can enter these and drag us in with him if you want to try them).

Loads of team based death match.

Survival.
    (horde mode).

Parachuting competitions.

Rallying.
    (driver has no screen, co pilot does and has to give instructions)

Erm...forget the name.
    A team mode were you have to race to an objective against another team only racers will have like a bmx and others just have to kill you in a truck. (best played to you could be mine from t2)
    Theres a few examples of that too including sports cars vs fighter jets.

Also i downloaded the last of us! ;)
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Not sure what that means exactly, but can confirm the TV works perfectly (HDR included) with it all hooked up. I also bought Move controllers yesterday too. If you're going to do this, do it proper I guess. And yeah, totally worth it.

I’m still using my Move controllers from my V1.

I think there is only V1 moves?

I used that splitter thing today and despite it working to get my hdr etc on tv and vr at splitter button press, theres no tv pass thru for anyone watching or for me to tell my girlfriend what menus she should be in etc.
  • digi wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Theres LOADS to do online, Heists. (about 5 all with prep work to do first) Parachute car targets (teams launch of ramps and try to land on targets, smaller targets worth more points. You can also and are encouraged to launch in to opposite teams cars to knock them from the targets so they dont score) Stunt races. (use a quad with folding in wheels that changes in to a jet skiand back again, a knightrider inspired car that has a jump button and infinite parachute, a rocket car that goes really fast and has recharchable boost) Transform races. (Vehicles switch everytime you go thru a checkpoint.) The new heists. (these were added in a latter update but have some crazy requirments to enter, a friend of mine can enter these and drag us in with him if you want to try them). Loads of team based death match. Survival. (horde mode). Parachuting competitions. Rallying. (driver has no screen, co pilot does and has to give instructions) Erm...forget the name. A team mode were you have to race to an objective against another team only racers will have like a bmx and others just have to kill you in a truck. (best played to you could be mine from t2) Theres a few examples of that too including sports cars vs fighter jets. Also i downloaded the last of us! ;)
    Is this all paid for DLC or were there free updates?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Theres LOADS to do online, Heists. (about 5 all with prep work to do first) Parachute car targets (teams launch of ramps and try to land on targets, smaller targets worth more points. You can also and are encouraged to launch in to opposite teams cars to knock them from the targets so they dont score) Stunt races. (use a quad with folding in wheels that changes in to a jet skiand back again, a knightrider inspired car that has a jump button and infinite parachute, a rocket car that goes really fast and has recharchable boost) Transform races. (Vehicles switch everytime you go thru a checkpoint.) The new heists. (these were added in a latter update but have some crazy requirments to enter, a friend of mine can enter these and drag us in with him if you want to try them). Loads of team based death match. Survival. (horde mode). Parachuting competitions. Rallying. (driver has no screen, co pilot does and has to give instructions) Erm...forget the name. A team mode were you have to race to an objective against another team only racers will have like a bmx and others just have to kill you in a truck. (best played to you could be mine from t2) Theres a few examples of that too including sports cars vs fighter jets. Also i downloaded the last of us! ;)
    Is this all paid for DLC or were there free updates?

All GTA V updates are free, these are just some of the online activitys.
    Theres loads more like running coccaine buisness, running guns, having a motor cycle club, being a ceo, getting an underground bunker.
  • digi wrote:
    I think there is only V1 moves? I used that splitter thing today and despite it working to get my hdr etc on tv and vr at splitter button press, theres no tv pass thru for anyone watching or for me to tell my girlfriend what menus she should be in etc.

No, there are now new V2 Moves that have micro USB charging ports rather than the old style from the PS3.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/3/16411466/sony-ps-move-controller-mini-usb-micro-playstation-vr

So does your switch offer full RGB HDR passthrough? You need to have a separate HDMI to another input of your TV to show the VR content on the screen.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    digi wrote:
    I think there is only V1 moves? I used that splitter thing today and despite it working to get my hdr etc on tv and vr at splitter button press, theres no tv pass thru for anyone watching or for me to tell my girlfriend what menus she should be in etc.
    No, there are now new V2 Moves that have micro USB charging ports rather than the old style from the PS3. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/3/16411466/sony-ps-move-controller-mini-usb-micro-playstation-vr So does your switch offer full RGB HDR passthrough? You need to have a separate HDMI to another input of your TV to show the VR content on the screen.

Not sure if full rgb and not sure how to check.
    Just noticed im down a hdmi lead, off to audiotek.
  • I'm gonna have to give GTA online a go, there's bound to be some thing there that I'd enjoy. Fuck doing anything that resembles a job though, I don't like working in real life for real money!
  • Cupatay wrote:
    I'm gonna have to give GTA online a go, there's bound to be some thing there that I'd enjoy. Fuck doing anything that resembles a job though, I don't like working in real life for real money!

Gies a shout if you do.
  • That's a lot of content. Had it in my head that GTA Online is some sort of subscription service.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    That's a lot of content. Had it in my head that GTA Online is some sort of subscription service.

There still churrning content out too.
    Only negative is everyone seems to only play double xp events like the latest thing where one drives and anouther mounts a mounted gun on flatbed and you race but shoot targets as you go.

Still love heists and target parachute cars. (wish i could remember the name of them.)
  • God of War reviews are out and it is apparently amazing. Always had a slight concern that it would be a disappointment but it sounds like the changes are all excellent.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, big scores. Never been a fan of the series but may partake this time.
  • Good stuff, that'll be £25 by Christmas.  I've only played no.III, but I enjoyed it.  Especially the climb at the beginning.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Good stuff, that'll be £25 by Christmas.  I've only played no.III, but I enjoyed it.  Especially the climb at the beginning.

Yeah I reckon this will fall in price significantly by the end of the year. May wait until then although I will find it a challenge to do so!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!