Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Bob wrote:
    If you own a game on the ps store can you down load it to any PS4 If you sign into your account ?

Yes you can Bob. Anything in your library can be played on any ps4 provided your signed in.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'm pretty sure you can download any game on any machine you sign into. 

Only one machine will be your primary machine that will allow any other accounts signed into that machine full access to your library. You can have other accounts signed into that machine as their primaries.

Any other machines will show your entire library but will not allow any of your games to be played unless you are signed into that machine. 

Only your primary machine gets the auto cloud save and auto updating. 

I've never done any of that 'game sharing' stuff. All felt a bit.. thievey?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Mind blown. Is it not even limited to two or three devices?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    No limit as far as I can tell. You have to log in though on the secondary obviously etc etc 

Only two games can be played concurrently by all accounts from the shortest of short Sunday Googles.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Don’t tell moot he’s going crackers
    The Forum Herald™
  • Guys, this was literally explained in the PS4 press conf before launch. Seriously. How can you not remember all these details?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • So whens the PS4 coming out then
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • At some point after the unforgettable press conference.
  • So whens the PS4 coming out then

After wii u
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thought I’d join PS-Now to play the Spider-Man DLC, even if I have to buy it. Saw God of War remastered so thought oooh I’ll finish that. Same with Until Dawn, another play through of that. First annoyance is you have to delete the game stored on your HD and Re-download it as a PS-Now file. Then I found out you can’t use your existing saves if you’re not a PS-Plus subscriber as it won’t access HD saves and they need to be on the cloud which is behind that paywall? What? Yeah, can’t be bothered with all that. Daft.
  • I think it's the same for disc and digital downloads.
  • Yep, I remember getting Ground Zeroes on PS+ and spotting that it was a separate installation to the disc. It's just how they do it.
  • Well how they do it is just stupid. Lost interest now.
  • Maybe the download doesn’t need so many patches ??
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Maybe the download doesn’t need so many patches ??

Surely the patches would just be quicker? Especially if background downloads worked....
  • We’re thrilled to announce that Days of Play is back again this year with awesome deals to celebrate the passionate PlayStation community around the globe, and to thank you for all the support.

Days of Play will kick off early at participating retailers in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other select regions starting 25th May, with promotions running through 8th June.

Great deals* will include:

PlayStation VR bundles**:
    PS VR Starter Pack for £199.99/€199.99 RRP
    PS VR Mega Pack for £229.99/€229.99 RRP
    A wide selection of games** including:
    Nioh 2 from £39.99/€49.99 RRP (errr...on amazon for £27)
    Death Stranding from £24.99/€29.99 RRP
    Days Gone from £15.99/€19.99 RRP

PlayStation Hits games:
    Selected titles** in the PlayStation Hits range from £11.99/€14.99 RRP each, including The Last of Us Remastered, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and more.

Save 30% on a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership***
    Save 30% on a 12-month PlayStation Now membership**
    and play over 700 PS4, PS3 and PS2 classics for a year

What’s more, PlayStation Store will also be offering awesome deals for blockbuster games, along with deals on PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions***, from 3rd June through 17th June.

Edit: Days Gone is supposed to be a much better game a year in due to all the patches and bug fixes. Did anyone on here play it? Sure someone on here really liked it.
  • I loved it mate. And I played it on release and may have just been lucky not to hit any bugs. Honestly, terrific game. One of my favourite PS4 Exclusives.
  • I'm tempted but I heard combat was ropey as??
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll try Days Gone when it's half a ^

Wouldn't pay 5p for Death Stranding.
  • I'm tempted but I heard combat was ropey as??

Gotta admit I don’t remember that at all dude. Think I enjoyed the combat, lots of upgrades to everything.
  • It's a good game. Solid open worlder with some tense moments. Combat is fine. Although iirc the fact you can hold a grenade and a gun at the same time is about annoying.

I wonder whether the bug that halted my progress has been removed. Might fire it up tonight.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Maybe the download doesn’t need so many patches ??

Surely the patches would just be quicker? Especially if background downloads worked....

Like I mentioned the other day it’s a mysterious quirk of console operations that background downloads just flat out don’t work for MS fans on Sony consoles and vice versa. It’s almost like people are looking to get irritated by things!

Edit. Not a dig at fans of either evil giant corporate overlord, it just seems to be an actual thing.
  • Can anyone explain the best way to give a 14 year full access to online?

Currently, my daughter has a child account under my PS account. This seems to be restricted from some online features, namely GTA V (I know). It seems to be a bit of a minefield to find out if this is possible. Can she only have PSN if I fake her age when creating a new PSN ID for her? I take it I can’t make her sub account into a full account as her age will still show as 14? I don’t mind paying for her own full account if necessary.

This Reddit link is a bit confusing https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7n3m2y/ps_plus_for_a_childs_account/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

How can the kids have a master account if they only have 1 PSN sub?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Question, could i plug in an external hd to the playstation and force the COD warzone download (100gb) to go to the external hd?
  • Don't think so, but you can move across the other games taking up the space needed?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Question, could i plug in an external hd to the playstation and force the COD warzone download (100gb) to go to the external hd?

Yes, just go to storage in settings and select the external drive as your chosen download location.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Can anyone explain the best way to give a 14 year full access to online? Currently, my daughter has a child account under my PS account. This seems to be restricted from some online features, namely GTA V (I know). It seems to be a bit of a minefield to find out if this is possible. Can she only have PSN if I fake her age when creating a new PSN ID for her? I take it I can’t make her sub account into a full account as her age will still show as 14? I don’t mind paying for her own full account if necessary. This Reddit link is a bit confusing https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7n3m2y/ps_plus_for_a_childs_account/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf How can the kids have a master account if they only have 1 PSN sub?

I just ended up faking my sons age and setting him up a new account as even FIFA wouldn’t let him play online due to whatever reasons we feared that week.  Couldn’t find any other solution and it seemed to be the path of least resistance.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Question, could i plug in an external hd to the playstation and force the COD warzone download (100gb) to go to the external hd?

Yes, just go to storage in settings and select the external drive as your chosen download location.

Cheers will give it a go
  • I just ended up faking my sons age and setting him up a new account as even FIFA wouldn’t let him play online due to whatever reasons we feared that week.  Couldn’t find any other solution and it seemed to be the path of least resistance.

That’s what was thinking, but I had read that it was a possible banning offence and didn’t want it to be a waste of money.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • It’s been a couple of years now and there’s been no comeback yet.  I mean, I know it’s just the one experience so caveat that with something but it’s been fine for us apart from that one time all the dangerous sex men fell through the internet and out of his PlayStation whilst he simultaneously and magically emptied my debit card for 20 grands worth of FUT 18 points.  FINE.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!