MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
  • I had a quiet Christmas at home, just me and the lovely lady. My old man came round about midday and Hayley cooked an amazing Christmas dinner. 
    3 courses and tonnes on the table means I'm still living off leftovers.
    Sadly though I got hit with a migraine and was chucking up and in bed by 9.30. 

Not the best way to end the day!
    Spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day in three different places with three different groups of family members. Drove nearly 400 miles in total and have all of my fiances family coming to celebrate a late Christmas with us tomorrow. For a whole week. 

It's all gonna be a bit Griswold in my house from tomorrow.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I got a ps4, watchdogs, lords of the fallen, destiny,

Guardians and xmen on bluray,

An Asus t100 laptop hybrid.

Imperial assault. Board game
    King of new York, boardgame

It was a big birthday and Christmas combined and fair to say
    I platinumed the feck out of it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    My haul was modest but exactly what I wanted. Tales of Hearts R (Vita), Omega Ruby (3DS), Tomb Raider (PS4) and a (obscenely expensive) case for my new iPad. Very happy.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The English outlaws arrive tomorrow night (snow permitting). There will be a few nights out and then the usual New Years Eve shindig at our house.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I got a ps4, watchdogs, lords of the fallen, destiny, Guardians and xmen on bluray, An Asus t100 laptop hybrid. Imperial assault. Board game King of new York, boardgame It was a big birthday and Christmas combined and fair to say I platinumed the feck out of it.
    Quality haul rev, am well jelly.
    davyK wrote:
    The English outlaws arrive tomorrow night (snow permitting). There will be a few nights out and then the usual New Years Eve shindig at our house.
    Autocorrect? :-)
  • I got a Global vegetable knife which I have just used to remove a slice of thumb.

Food processor, nice Kenwood one.
    Heavy weight casserole pot with lid ( can't remember the proper name)
    Alien Isolation:Ripley edition.
    Various spices, hot sauces, hot foods, sweets and chocs.
    T shirt
    Socks
    Diesel aftershave
    Various, fun stocking fillers.

Money, which I have used to buy clothing, a 30cm pot roast pan and a Numark mixer.

Great haul.

Was lovely to be at home, grandparents have been and gone (house is very quiet). Ate too much, didn't go crazy with drink but still too much.

Highlight of Xmas was playing pictionary.
    My Mum had 'Monkey wrench' as the clue.
    She drew what appeared to be an owl next to a spanner.
    My Grandad guessed 'penis'
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Sliced thumb is proper posh cooking.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Autocorrect? :-)

Not quite…the Meldrew in me would say at least outlaws are wanted.
  • Anyone else as hungover to FUCK as me? Was up drinking with the brother in law till 5am. I would gladly welcome the sweet embrace of the grave
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Feeling shit with man flu. Should be out, but cancelled deciding a warm sofa and a bottle of Glenlivit 15 was a better option. Toooldforthisshit.
  • Nothing like a good cut to christen a new knife live, teaches respect.

Christmas has laid me low, 4 days of feasting and drinking and now I have a stinking cold. It's all been worth it though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spock wrote:
    Anyone else as hungover to FUCK as me? Was up drinking with the brother in law till 5am. I would gladly welcome the sweet embrace of the grave

Sometimes it's good to know you're not the only one. I remember going out drinking with an Irish cousin once, and we were out till about 4-5. The next day, very paranoid, I felt my heart was racing, and he told me he got the same and it's pretty common with a hangover. Sometimes just to know it's universal is a good thing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brandy is well known for giving palpitations the next day in some.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I cut the tip of my thumb on a global, whilst drunk, slicing a pepper.

Welcome to the club dive.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • My cut is the type that has left an annoying flap of skin that catches on everything!

Again nice to know I'm not alone though.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

Good. I returned a shite Wikipad for one. I could only get SNES and N64 emulators to work on Android, whereas with 8.1 I can use DOS, Amiga, MS, and all the other ones that failed.* I did get Planescape working on Android, but the Wikipad's controller wouldn't work with it. Sod that for a game of gestures.

I bought a refurbished T100 for myself, but I asked for a Bluetooth mouse for Christmas, and chose this one. It's really quite good for a £10 mouse, and there don't seem to be many other Bluetooth options with forward and back buttons.

That's because Windows is rare as a tablet option, so you either get mice with no thumb buttons, or ones with dongles. The TeckNet's buttons are on the noisy side, but nice and solid in operation. The Wikipad's controller... Mary, mother.

Wikipad_T100.png

*Also, the T100 can run some newer games, so it doesn't have to be an exclusively retro box. Handy list of games.
  • Late Xmas gift revealed by the wife today, as we're in Scotland visiting my family. We're off to Glasgow and The Ubiquitous Chip for dinner tomorrow and a stay at a hotel while my mum babysits the kids.

Result!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The ubi is top drawer. Enjoy the fairy lights errywher then get rekt at vodka wodka
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    On owning a global, dive- never throw it in with the rest of the washing up. You'll likely grab the blade and then cut your palm open.

Aye, I had to go the walk-in and phone in late for work when I went through me thumb.

*blood-pissings*
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • That made my stomach turn beano :(
  • Escape wrote:

Good. I returned a shite Wikipad for one. I could only get SNES and N64 emulators to work on Android, whereas with 8.1 I can use DOS, Amiga, MS, and all the other ones that failed.* I did get Planescape working on Android, but the Wikipad's controller wouldn't work with it. Sod that for a game of gestures.

I bought a refurbished T100 for myself, but I asked for a Bluetooth mouse for Christmas, and chose this one. It's really quite good for a £10 mouse, and there don't seem to be many other Bluetooth options with forward and back buttons.

That's because Windows is rare as a tablet option, so you either get mice with no thumb buttons, or ones with dongles. The TeckNet's buttons are on the noisy side, but nice and solid in operation. The Wikipad's controller... Mary, mother.

Wikipad_T100.png

*Also, the T100 can run some newer games, so it doesn't have to be an exclusively retro box. Handy list of games.

Thank you. Very much appreciated.
    I'm drawing on it myself. Its a lovely bit of kit.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano wrote:
    On owning a global, dive- never throw it in with the rest of the washing up. You'll likely grab the blade and then cut your palm open. Aye, I had to go the walk-in and phone in late for work when I went through me thumb. *blood-pissings*

Yeah I have been washing it entirely separately.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Good man!

And Outlaw, these are just lessons- I'm sorry.

For your sanity and stomach though, don't go watching any re-runs of Jimmy's.
  • My place of birth, I don't think they were filming in 1977 though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • What is Jimmy's?
  • Jimmy's is a TV program from years back that focused fly on the wall about the daily goings on at St. James University Hospital in Leeds. It is Europe's largest teaching hospital and I probably screamed the house down that fateful day.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Much blood, basically.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    And I couldn't think of any current pop-culture alternatives.

I used to love it as a kid- I'd find it fascinating. Then I lost my stomach for it and fucked off any inkling to attempt to practice in such a profession.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!