myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just hit 100 hours. Most of them have been good so far, think about 30% have been Morgana telling me to sleep.

Am at the end of November.
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yes sorry for bumping this thread the whole time but I need to put my thoughts down somewhere...

I've just realized that there are no costumes in this games. They're DLC. This game will never be as good as P4G, just for that reason. I was looking forward to making them wear silly suits in the endgame.

Am still in the same Palace. It's long. Pretty, and interesting story wise, but long.
    Spoiler:

I'm kinda hoping I can finish this before July 4th (real world time, no game time spoiler) as B is off for 4 days, but at the current pace I doubt I could do it.
  • No need to apologise for the bumps - I loved your P4G bumps, and this is very much the same. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the game, and especially Akechi, once the whole game is done. 

P4G had the benefit of building off of Persona 4, so in terms of content there's no much out there that can compare - Persona 5 included. That means in terms of customisation, side content and general day-to-day depth, I ended up feeling Persona 5 was actually a little weak, even if there were parts I though were actually pretty strong - I loved the themes, and I enjoyed having Mementos as a more traditional dungeon, plus there were some sweet story beats. But, overall, it didn't really stand a chance next to Golden. Hopefully Royal can correct that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's definitely unfair to compare the two, but they're the only ones I've played. Loads of costumes are on sale in the EU shop, will need to check the US store too, I might just buy them. With real money.

Looking forward to Royal as well, I've read that it continues past a point where 5's story stops, and I think that was the same for 4 and 4G?

I've enjoyed everything so far, all the confidant links seem to be pretty good (I've only maxed a couple, but enjoyed the bits I've seen from each of them). The sweetest thing about confidants with Mementos stuff linked to them is
    Spoiler:
    Have to agree that day to day things feel a bit weaker than 4G, but I'll never forget Yusuke and his lobsters.
  • Nina wrote:
    Looking forward to Royal as well, I've read that it continues past a point where 5's story stops, and I think that was the same for 4 and 4G?

Yar. In P4G everything past
    Spoiler:
    was new. Except for the dungeon after talking to
    Spoiler:
  • I can't remember all the P4G additions, but off the top of my head it was...

The city you get to by scooter (Okina?)
    The entire summer holiday sequence
    The adachi social link
    The entirety of Maria 
    Everything after the killer reveal dungeon including - the ski trip, valentines day etc. (basically a couple of months of extra content)
    The costumes
    Gardening with Nanako 
    The beach stuff
    The 2nd level of max persona awakenings 

And probably some other stuff, I'd have to check. But, it all added up to make the game feel incredibly content rich.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the game, and especially Akechi, once the whole game is done. 

Not done yet, but completed the Palace I've been talking about.
    Spoiler:

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The end is so close yet so far away. Pretty sure I'm in the final stretch, but I'm afraid to play more today as I have to be somewhere in a couple hours and don't want to be halfway cutscenes / too emotional to talk. It's also a 4 day weekend for B so not much chance of me playing this the next days.

So...
    Spoiler:
    Can't wait to wrap it up than get on the rollercoaster again once Royal is out.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Almost time to say goodbye to the game, am at the last day. Need to make dinner first though.

What a game though, I'm curious what new stuff Royal will bring.
  • Nice work, Nina. Curious to hear what your final thoughts are once the credits have finally rolled.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So it's done. After the dinner break last night, waiting for the worker with the leaf blower finish up, and then having a garbage truck right outside the window during the last scenes it wasn't the smoothest ride towards to end. But I still love it.

119,5 hours on the clock, a lot longer than the times other people posted here (yes I went back).

I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to @JonB's book later this year.

Dungeons weren't a problem for me, I've been able to do them in 1 in game day, would have been better if they had Bravely Default's auto battle though, I rarely had yellow difficulty enemies, so it was easy enough to punch my way through to the boss.
    Spoiler:

Wondering if I should go ng+ for P4G now... I also have Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XV that I haven't played yet.
  • It's been great reading about your progress. I kind of want to play it again myself, but know I probably shouldn't, at least unless I get Royal when it comes out.

I've also had another chance to write about it recently, for a certain magazine, and it is a great game to examine. Although I always feel I end up being too critical of it, and it probably sounds like I haven't enjoyed it as much as I actually did. With both this and P4, I find there are a lot of flaws, and when I try to analyse them it's easy to pick on the problems, whereas the good stuff is much more intangible and hard to pin down.

With P5 especially though, the aesthetics are a huge factor - I can't think of any other games where the art and character design is so expressive and perfectly executed and the soundtrack boosts every part of the game. It's the way the game is all about confinement and restriction, but the sound and visuals constantly seem to be exploding out from it, like an unstoppable energy. It's addictive.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Let us know when you're article is public. I had a couple articles saved about this but just read them and they're fairly basic in their theories.
    This one has the following quote that I didn't realize while playing:
    Spoiler:

Agree on the aesthetics, they're great. Even the changes in style between 2D scenes and 3D scenes wasn't something that bothered me, they often added to the overall atmosphere.

Looking at the credits, the team seemed to be huge. The amount of animators was crazy, and for some titles they just had a studio name in stead of individuals. I'm amazed that they pulled this off.

Same goes for 4. It's such a unique blend of elements, I'm not sure if any games can come close to the feelings a Persona game leave behind. Maybe a Final Fantasy?
    There are definitely flaws, but they're easy to forgive.
    I can still see Chie doing her kick and getting pumped for action, and it will be a while before I stop smiling at a lobster or pancake reference.
  • In terms of mix of aesthetics atmosphere and soundtrack etc, yep it will be a FF that comes close. I’d say number 7. Uematsu’s best soundtrack and steampunk setting and stuff, all comes together. But could be just me. FF games 6-10 have it aplenty and I have such fond memories of them, even though I prefer gameplay of 12.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My dad is hogging the PC to play total war so guess who bought this for £25
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    O wot
  • Tempy wrote:
    My dad is hogging the PC to play total war so guess who bought this for £25

Cool.

The Royal ain’t far off and, hopefully, it’ll improve the game like Golden did, but still - enjoy.
  • The Royal is THEN, I need something to do NOW!
  • The definitive Persona list:

P4: Golden
    Persona 2 - Eternal Punishment
    Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
    Persona 5
    Persona 3 FES / P3P
    Persona
    Persona 4 Dancing All Night
    Persona Q
    Persona Arena Ultimaxes
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You got the bottom of that all wrong and don't have q2
  • Haven’t played Q2.

And the order at the bottom is fine.

Hashtag facts.
  • Downloading Royal now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As it got bumped I need to put my love in for the persona fighting game which I thing deserves respect at the level of og 4 at least.
  • I’m playing. On Madarame atm
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I need to get back on Royal. Trying to be strict on game purchases this year and only buying stuff I'll complete right after buying.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly wrote:
    As it got bumped I need to put my love in for the persona fighting game which I thing deserves respect at the level of og 4 at least.

No.
  • Honestly the worst opinion I’ve seen from a member of this community in the 10+ years I’ve been a member. Then again, I’ve never run a big business.
  • Best version and way to play P3 please, Persona experts?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Best version and way to play P3 please, Persona experts?

Vita

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!