Persona 5
  • So could I have gotten Akechi maxed out earlier? Cos I don’t think I can anymore? Hope I haven’t missed out on anything major. And now Kashim is maxed at 5?? Again, hope I didn’t miss chance to max her higher earlier and miss out on stuff. :(

Sucks to miss anything in a big long game like this. It’s not like I’ll play it again for years and years. Although I really wanna play P4G again and go for platinum.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Not having maxed everything is something that really stresses me while playing, but I've not lost any sleep over it after I finished the game. It's really something I should learn to focus less on and just accept that I will miss out on things.

Can't help you with Akechi as I don't remember, and I don't think Kashim was in 5 vanilla.
  • Cheers. I think I read that the main thing was what you mentioned to me before (getting certain someone maxed for more content) which I did, so I’m happy about that. Doesn’t matter if I miss other stuff. I’m kinda concentrating on characters who seem to have a more interesting back story. Like Haru. She is an interesting one.
  • Fuck. Just hit New Year and 2 plot developments that I saw coming a million miles away. But still. Not sure if I can still do confidant ranks etc. Close to a platinum but don’t think I can get it anymore. 

Not long now. Feel I need to finish this and play something else!
  • This 3rd term music track is beautiful.

And fuck. I indeed messed up on trophies - gonna miss platinum by just one cos I didn’t get Akechi up high enough cos he seemed too dull to spend time with plus he wasn’t a girl innit. Not bothered when I’m several trophies out and some seem too hard or time consuming, but missing just one easy one?!
  • Proper lol. Elf's frustrations == gaming fail.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm still only just starting the eighth palace. I can't believe that probably by the time I actually get round to finishing this, another 40 hours of Persona 5 content will drop.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Whattt?!

New content? Speak to me
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Persona 5 Strikers, it's a Dynasty Warriors type game but is also a direct sequel to Persona 5. Comes out in February.
  • Dynasty Warriors....

Meh.
  • I've started playing this as one of the PS+ collection things.  Only finished the first Palace so far, so aware I'm very early on.  I'm still not entirely convinced I know what I'm doing, but am coming to the realisation that it's actually a game about time management rather than anything else.  This is, to be honest, probably an unhelpful activity for relaxing at the moment, as all it does is remind me that I don't really have the time to be playing it!

Still, whilst I'm not entirely sure I've clicked with the game per se, I'm really enjoying the more superficial elements - the aesthetics and soundtrack are great.  I shall keep plugging away it at for now, as it seems like it's opening out a fair bit - but that crushing sense of needing to be everywhere at once and constantly missing something that I ought to be doing is just a little bit too much like my actual life...
  • I felt that way on my first Persona game (P3) and I cluelessly forged my way through missing out on maxing out most of the links, persona fusions etc, but I still had one of my best gaming experiences ever.

P5 is a much more forgiving game. I'd say don't worry about trying to max everything, rock-on with the experience and just enjoy it as it unfolds.
  • Missing this. 

I need more Persona. 

I’m sure I’ve asked this before... which version of 3 should I play? I’ve read there’re quite big differences between FES and Portable.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I wish they’d done a proper sequel instead of that Strikers. I am back on 4 though on PC which is nice.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's the 25th anniversary year for Persona - maybe see if they announce a remake or remaster. I think they know full well that people want a remaster with the extra content from Portable added and I reckon it's just a matter of when.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Missing this. 

I need more Persona. 

I’m sure I’ve asked this before... which version of 3 should I play? I’ve read there’re quite big differences between FES and Portable.

Would be nice if they remaster as ERE says, but otherwise P3P was what made me finally finish it. Very nice on a vita if you have one of those lying about...
  • Really impressed with Strikers so far.  Great to catch up with the gang and it feels like a worthy story.  It kinda plays like the story-heavy bits of P5 where you don't get a chance to spend time as you see fit.  I do miss that stuff but there's a lot more story and dialogue than I expected.

Surprised to enjoy the fighting; I've never gotten along with Dynasty Warriors type stuff but I've gotten the hang of it and am having a great time.  
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Missing this.  I need more Persona.  I’m sure I’ve asked this before... which version of 3 should I play? I’ve read there’re quite big differences between FES and Portable.

I did FES last year and really enjoyed it; it's laid out very similarly to 4 & 5.  The only issues I remember were combat based - you only control the main character in fights which can be frustrating in harder battles, and if you want to change characters' equipment, you have to talk to them individually (IE you can't just pick new armour from a menu and assign it to someone).

I know you get an extra post game chapter with FES though I haven't played it through.  It's really hard and supposedly not all that good.

The advice I got was to play FES then P3P if you want to do it again since you can play as a boy or girl (which changes some social links, not sure about main story) + the world is laid out so you click on things with a curser rather than explore it like a normal RPG (see below).  IE to play the game as it was originally intended, then next time you play it see what's changed in P3P.

I'm not sure I'm that fussed about seeing the differences - like a year later I've probably forgotten more about the stories than I remember.

I'd rather play it on a portable machine + having full control of your party in battle.  The new cursor interface doesn't bother me either.

p3p2.jpg
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I’m missing Persona. Itching for more.  I still want to try and play P3 before another entry drops. Although that will be a while I’m guessing.
  • Playing through smt5, and as much as I’m having fun with it (even when it’s kicking my arse) seeing that screenshot of P3P is making me want to charge my vita again.
  • Although I probably want to play FES instead. Or Reload.  Maybe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!