Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Corbyn would have got blamed for COVID and have fucked the left for yet another generation most likely. So yeah, every cloud.
  • I dont doubt for a second Corbyn would have been more principled and followed the science properly. Its a low bar to do this better than Johnson of course but thats not to detract from Corbyn.

Unfortunately he would have been heavily undermined by the press, the opposition, the gammon element of the public and unfortunately by parts of his own party.
    Worth remembering we would have also been negotiating a deal with the EU and trying to line up another referendum.

These things combined I think would have led to a GE again by the end of 2020 that the Tories would have won.
  • Things need to get worse before they get better, woohoo.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Lockdown under Corbyn would have been an example of communist tyranny
  • I would have liked to sample some of it. Even for a few years.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • We're getting further and further from the future that Star Trek promised us.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    We're getting further and further from the future that Star Trek promised us.

Didn't the utopia that was the startrek earth come about after some World War 3 style near apocalypse?
  • In the Star Trek timeline, World War 3 starts in 2026 and lasts until 2053. 600 million people die.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So we're on course then, good to know.
  • Remember to vote today if applicable, however you vote, even if you just scrawl 'fuck the Tories'.
  • Does that not spoil the vote? I've often felt we need a "none of the above option" in elections to say that we aren't happy with the options and anyone who comes under the none of the above can't stand in elections for a certain period - silly but I think there needs to be an option for an official protest vote. Then everyone's vote can count.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah that would be a spoilt ballot (i think they might allow it if the x is still clear in the box but if you want to vote dont risk it)

I think spoilt ballots have long been seen as 'none of the above' but not enough people actually bother to do it for anyone to really recognise it. If you just stay at home they'll spin that to be whatever suits their agenda.
  • Voted twice today for the war crime-condoning, pro-austerity Labour party.
  • Really hope the Red austerity candidate beats the Blue austerity candidate in the mayoral election. Can't stand that Blue guy.
  • It's not about what they stand for monkey, its which team are you on???
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fandom all the way down.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This thread’s been weirdly influential in my life the last couple of days:
    * Led me down a World War III rabbit hole on Star Trek wiki Memory Alpha, which led me to me finally checking out the Eugenics Wars books that Dante has raved about for years.
    * Reminded me to vote in the local elections which I’d completely forgotten about and wouldn’t have had time to vote in if I hadn’t seen something before about 3:30pm.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Just voted.

I like keeping check of what parties actually bother canvassing.
    I got a joint Mayor/Council Labour flyer and an independent for councillor.

The independent seemed lovely bless her but failed to put any policies or general sense of political direction in her flyer. She can speak German and did a student exchange with our twin town in Germany while at school (she looks around 50 now). Grew up here etc etc. Very nice but what are you going to actually do?
  • It's a lovely day out anyway
  • LivDiv wrote:
    They'll be polling sub 20%, maybe below Reform by autumn and wishing they'd gone for a May GE.

Latest YouGov. Phase 1 complete.

"Tory vote share now lower than under Liz Truss in our latest VI (30 Apr - 1 May)"

Con: 18% (-2 from 23-24 Apr)
    Lab: 44% (-1)
    Reform UK: 15% (+2)
    Lib Dem: 10% (+1)
    Green: 8% (+1)
    SNP: 2% (-1)
  • 18% oh my days. You know the truth of it though Liv, it’s the hope that kills, but what an amazing thing if the tories are so wiped out, that Labour become the de facto centre right party and all opposition other than these fringe lunatics (reform and tories, fighting over scraps) pull Labour leftwards? Like, the political centre of gravity shifts finally leftwards

It won’t happen I know but a man can dream
  • As i read what I type I realise how silly and naïf it is: reform plus Tory = the standard 30% bastard voters this country will always have. All that’s needed is sensible Tory leadership to reclaim all the reform voters and voila
  • Its all Ive got Funk.

To be honest I just want to see these cunts get a damn good kicking and what happens after that happens.
  • yeah that's about it. I can't help but wish it could be an electoral kicking to what they represent, what they are standing for: the culture war shit, the anti immigration racism, the infantile economics, the basic petty cruelty to everyone who isn't a 'hard working middle class employed white christian' but the numbers for the reform party just tell me that it's the personality defects and scandals which are losing them voters, and possibly the fact they're incompetently cruel: people genuinely believe reform would be better at being bastards to immigrants and homeless and poors and disabled etc

The simple fact remains that we seem forever cursed with 30% always-voting cunts
  • Im still  putting my hope in the fact the UK isnt moving right with age as would be normal. Will it be enough, or in time for climate change. Who knows.

I found this interesting from the start of the year though.

Capture.jpg

Now its a poll, it doesnt factor in the size of each age group or genuine likelihood of turning up to vote, plus its form Jan.

BUT something that triggered in my weird pattern liking ape brain.
    Just looking at the two main parties, 50-59 counter 70+ and 60-69 cancel out themselves (with a 1-2% margin).

With all the caveats ignored, its a GE decided by under 50s.
  • ...and the hope must be that to hold on to the youthful electoral advantage, labour must tack leftwards economically. otherwise we're just waiting for revolution
  • Pretty much.
  • Back to this week. I think Sunak is out if Andy Street doesn't win.
    Tory vanity contest for weeks and whoever comes in wont want a GE until Jan.
    If its a psycho like Bandersnatch they'll gain some Reform votes back, I don't think Reform will roll out the red carpet though.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    The simple fact remains that we seem forever cursed with 30% always-voting cunts
    Yep but half of them seem to have lost their minds. Boomers that have been radicalised by Facebook or something. Politics changes and in a few years people will be talking about different stuff. But it seems very hard to get together over 40% of the electorate on a platform that is severe enough to foreigners for the racists to vote for, while not putting off the soft centre-rights and swingers. The nod and a wink, dog whistle Tory racism of the past doesn't cut it at the moment.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Back to this week. I think Sunak is out if Andy Street doesn't win.
    Tory vanity contest for weeks and whoever comes in wont want a GE until Jan.
    If its a psycho like Bandersnatch they'll gain some Reform votes back, I don't think Reform will roll out the red carpet though.
    No idea what they'll do but it would be hilarious if Andy Street winning keeps Sunak in a job because he's been doing everything possible, save from quitting the party, to claim he isn't a Tory and has nothing to do with the Westminster Tories and he's his own man yadda yadda. No Tory branding on any of his campaign material.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!