The British Politics Thread
  • “When that unexpected gust of wind caught hold of his foolishly oversized Union Jack umbrella and sent him hurtling into the electricity pylon, we lost one of finest men of this or any other generation...”
  • So conflicted. On one hand I loathe people like Johnson or 'Arry, but they also guarantee more classic Larry.

Fuck it. Roll on 3 terms of Boris Johnson.
  • “Mr Johnson was told numerous times that consuming a 100-yr old tin of Bully Beef was not advisable...”
  • Realistically I think we are on the brink of moving towards something much better or much worse.

A GE is almost certain.
    I really can't see either of the two big parties doing enough to avoid a coalition.

So it either going to be A Lab/Lib coalition with Libs forcing a second ref, remain wins. Corbyn gets to do his Britain and in time the whack jobs realise it was the Tories and not the EU arse fucking them.

Alternatively. Tory coalition with various cunts. No deal Brexit, 5 years of these twats as they continue to gouge while blaming the EU for not giving us a fair deal.
    Things start to get really nasty in society, particularly with race. Important things like climate continue to be ignored. NHS privatised. Boris starts to give land to his friends like medieval knights.
    We end up having to serve in the court of Sir Michael Fabricant, Sir Reese of Mogg and Lady Hoey of Cuntrag.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blunkett wrote a piece a week or so ago proposing a GE would be Tories+Brexit alliance vs Labour and LibDem.

Was an interesting analysis.

But Corbyn would need to set out his stall as a realistic alternative. And the new LibDem leader has stated no deal with Labour. 

So that's that fucked.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Libs will change their mind if there is a second ref on the cards.
  • The Turkish President believes UK-Turkey relations will improve now.
    Watch as we end up giving Turkey visas after years of fear mongering over Turkey joining the EU and brown people having freedom of movement.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The Turkish President believes UK-Turkey relations will improve now.

All it took was to have a PM who wrote a limerick about the President of Turkey fucking a goat.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    At least he's a decent guitarist.
    boris-johnson-has-no-idea-how-to-play-a-guitar-2-28815-1425314127-23_dblbig.jpg
  • I worry Johnson is going to amnesiac a whole bunch of I’m alright Jack FBPE wankers worried about Corbyns RED SCARE.

Someone said they liked his dude joke.
  • I'm pretty sure the BBC homepage is down.
    A good start.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Ok, so there's a rumour on the beeb live feed that says Johnson's not going to call an election until 22...

Fucks alive.

Hope that's wrong.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • It’s the Tory way, hold onto power by any means necessary.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ok, so there's a rumour on the beeb live feed that says Johnson's not going to call an election until 22...

Fucks alive.

Hope that's wrong.

Majority of 3, quite possibly 2 by the end of the month. The chances of us not seeing a GE until then, whether it’s Johnson’s choice or not, are vanishingly slim.
  • They will be doing absolutely everything to ensure we don't get a general election any time soon, regardless of who takes charge.
  • He can't call an election unless 2/3 of the House agrees, and how many Tories would be confident in an election I don't know.

If Labour table a motion of no confidence though, it's just a simple majority that's needed. 99% of Labour +SNP+Lib Dem+most of the independents would vote to say no confidence. Depending on what has happened, it's perfectly feasible enough Tories join them.

Johnson might also blow up the DUP agreement because he's a fucking idiot.
  • Jo Swinson has ruled out a coalition with the Tories under Johnson, as well as working with Labour to form a government with Corbyn, so fuck knows where that leaves the great progressive coalition. Then again, it's not as though the Lib Dems have a history of flip-flopping on promises or anything.
  • Well they arent gonna say they are going to work with Labour while Labour still wont commit to a second ref, a second ref is the Lib Dem's only policy anyone gives a shit about.
  • Johnson might also blow up the DUP because he's a fucking idiot.

“Once again, I can only apologise. MI6 assured me the exploding cigar would cause minimal damage. My bad.”

“Crumbs though, it went up in a hell of bang. Extraordinary carnage. Again, apologies to our former coalition members and their families.”
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Johnson might also blow up the DUP because he's a fucking idiot.
    “Once again, I can only apologise. MI6 assured me the exploding cigar would cause minimal damage. My bad.” “Crumbs though, it went up in a hell of bang. Extraordinary carnage. Again, apologies to our former coalition members and their families.”

Fuck it, i'd endure 4 terms if it meant more of this.
  • So Johnson in power in the UK, trump looking good for 2020 and putin solid as a rock....

Fuck it, I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • WHY IS NO ONE SEEING THE BIGGER PICTURE?
  • We've all had do get hideously drunk, so seeing anything right now is a challenge.
  • WHY IS NO ONE SEEING THE BIGGER PICTURE?

It's bad enough viewing the thumbnail.
  • Where is Carrie Symonds?
    Why was she not there today?
    Will she be there tomorrow when he opens the door to No10?
  • If he manages to open the door, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

“Crikey, blimey. Bit of a door-related mishap here, folks...”

*gathered press chuckle at loveable Boris and his cheeky upper class tit routine*
  • His first duty upon entering No.10 will probably be to scout around for the most attractive female aid he can begin boffing anyway.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've found myself now thinking what I thought when Trump got in.

Hold judgement - Wait and see what he does.

That should work out OK then.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Joined the Labour Party today.  As it became increasingly obvious that Boris was going to win the nomination, I wanted to mark the day that idiot got swore in as Prime Minister, not with a resigned shrug and a tired acceptance that we now have a racist, homopphobic idiot as leader, but with an understanding that enough really is enough, and the days of these hapless Eton toffs lording it over the rest of us has to stop.

It was an easy decision for me to make; I live in a marginal constituency where Labour are in second place behind a Tory barely hanging onto a 1000 majority. So I know if I volunteer in my community as a Labour activist, my actions can make a difference. 

I also live in a town that has the highest proportion of old people per head of the population in the land.  So I look forward to knocking on doors telling them all if they vote Corbyn, you'll get your free TV license back.

If the Tories lose this next by-election, they'll be down to a majority of 1.  The DUP have also announced today that are about to review their supply and demand arrangement with the Torys.  Johnson may wish to hang on till 2022, but the likelihood of that now seems remote. A GE is imminent. 

Never been particularly politically active before, but today really was a tipping point. I implore you all to get active yourselves, whatever your allegiances, and get this ignoramus out of No. 10.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Lots of reports that Trump has referred to Bojo as The British Trump.
    What he actually said was he is "The Britian Trump", which makes him sound like an utter moron.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!