• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What a cretin.

Has he looked up what FIFA is an acronym of?

Maybe we are starting our own World Cup up now? Didn't realise the EU set the rules of football.......

What a dickhead.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I too can't believe these barmy Brussels Bureaucrats are telling us what a handball is.

He's probably going to be appointed as Brexit Secretary.
  • Either that or Jo Swinson’s next pick for temp PM.
  • Heh.

"Unlike closet Brexiteer Jeremy Corbyn, Ian Holloway has cross party respect, and after speaking to him to see if he would be willing to take on this position he revealed that he couldn't be more chuffed if he were a badger at the start of mating season."
  • There's a rumour that one of Boris's big ideas to solve the back stop is for the Republic to temporarily align with the UK instead of Britain.

Amazingly, this farce comes at a time where no one is quite sure if its a joke or something serious.

I mean fuck sake Britain, get your shit together...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Are these people really that thick?
  • I honestly don't anymore if they are putting on an act to justify their decisions or if they really are just thick
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It means he has another party to blame in front of the mouth breathers.

EU and Ireland now - it's all their fault.
  • Just anything to whip up the base into a frenzy, hoping there's enough of them to win an election.
  • "It's rather beastly of the gibbering snotbinders at the IFAB to declare that they have no control over the regulatory requirements of Northern Ireland, but despite this we are hopeful a deal will be stuck. These mugwumps must respect the will of the people, and by jove we'll see to it that it happens.

Right, lets go and look at some more picaninnies."
  • It's also hard for the opposition or the media to keep up - these things go out there and before anyone's had time to say anything the next one rolls along. Important to not get bogged down with all these details, I think, and just focus on the general picture - No Deal disaster, Johnson is a liar, etc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye - that rapid fire stream of gibberish seems to be a tactic.  Trump does it too - you are reeling from one piece of nonsense and another pops up before it can be challenged.

A overall theme emerges in the minds of enough people in the meantime. A theme aligned to the underlying desire.

It will take some thinking to come up with counter tactic to it.
  • Yup. Half of the game is getting the right people to disagree with you. Constant noise and division, the specifics getting lost. That’s how he wins.

Corbyn, tbf, does seem to have the right approach of staying relatively above it all and not getting sucked into every little social media spat that Johnson and cronies try to stir up.
  • That cos Corbyn doesn’t have a phone innit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Merkel has opened up the challenge to Brois.
    30 days to come up with a viable backstop solution.

There isnt one of course, we all know that.
    However now he will have to admit it before we crash out.
    It is a small win but anything that forces Boris to drop the broken record routine is good.

Boris also accepted that the onus is on the U.K.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The fact there's a suggestion of any concession will easily be spun as a victory for Boris.

The drawbridge is being pulled up now, sadly.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ahhh...come on.

30 days.

Bulldog spirit.
    Pull together.
    blah blah
    WW2
    blah blah
    technology
    blah blah
    positive attitude
    blah blah

Easy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Boris would have cracked this already if it wasn't for all the naysayers saying nay.
  • I wonder if he might go for the Irish Sea border option.
    A GE seems inevitable anyway so there isnt much point continuing to appease the DUP.

That is of course if he does want a deal, which I doubt he does.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is that his choice to make? It would need parliamentary approval wouldn't it? Maybe it would manage it, but :shrug:
  • Yeah it would still need to be passed by parliament.
  • Corbyn's latest letter to other parties:
    https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1164211131231195136
    The chaos of Boris Johnson’s No Deal Brexit is real and threatening, as the leaked Operation Yellowhammer dossier makes crystal clear. I've invited party leaders and senior backbenchers from across Parliament to meet to discuss all tactics available to prevent No Deal.
    No mention of leaders at all, just all tactics to prevent No Deal.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What's behind the objection to the backstop really?
    Is it racism?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Leavers say it could be used as a way for the EU to trap us in the EU forever as it cannot end unilaterally.
    It is nonsense, the EU would much rather have a solution but it is a good excuse to reject May's deal in favour of no deal.

I cant remember if Labour officially object or not. If they do I suspect it is an angle to push for closer alignment as it is a workable solution.
  • The other objection is that it means Northern Ireland follows EU law and would be distinct from the rest of the UK, including a sea border.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Leavers say it could be used as a way for the EU to trap us in the EU forever as it cannot end unilaterally.
    It is nonsense, the EU would much rather have a solution but it is a good excuse to reject May's deal in favour of no deal.

I cant remember if Labour officially object or not. If they do I suspect it was an angle to push for closer alignment as it is a workable solution.

Technically it means that we are bound by treaty law (which can be broken) not to leave unilaterally without doing

1) regulatory alignment UK wide
    2) regulatory alignment in NI (ie a sea border within the UK)
    Or
    3) th problem disappears magically (because NI and Ireland unify)

Treaties can be broken, but it is a risky proposition.

There is simply no other fix. Never has been.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • If I had to guess the country's future it will be 2), then shortly after (5-10 years), 3).
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • That would be my thinking.
    If we dont crash out of course.

A GE could mean regulatory alignment though, depending on seat allocation.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You've missed 4, 5 and 6. Scottish independence, Welsh independence and London declaring itself a city state.
  • In the future the UK and Ireland will be in sea sea level alignment so it’s a bit moot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!