Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I really hope the cnuts end up hundreds of millions out of pocket after a Sterling bounce when we don't hard exit
  • Sounds like the opposition parties are coming round to the idea of getting him out and putting Corbs in anyway. Whatever you think about Beardo, he’s got to be a better bet to get this extension done than Johnson.
  • I think Boris will let it go to court then request the extension.
    The extension is inevitable unless Parliament agree a deal beforehand, which won't even be put to them.
    Boris can then add it to his "People vs Power" routine.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Benn act says he has to request an extension before October 19th

Yes, I'm being an idiot, carry on.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I really hope the cnuts end up hundreds of millions out of pocket after a Sterling bounce when we don't hard exit

I wouldn't worry. Rich people get richer no matter which way the wind blows. They'll have their bets covered.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I sincerely hope that if corbyn gets an extension that the gammon heads are unrepresentitive and in an election it is clear that a no deal would be nothing a responsible prime minister could even contemplate doing because it’s such an easy attack line otherwise.

In this context Labour’s half way house approach will provide some defence to a betrayal narrative.
  • This. So far Corbyn has been fantastic in deflecting the betrayal narrative.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Woah: Greater London Authority has referred Boris Johnson to Independent Office for Police Conduct so it can assess if it should investigate him for misconduct in public office - which would be a criminal offence. In connection to claims over Jennifer Arcuri.

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1177661387881025537
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Exciting!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Queen has apparently sought advice on if and how she is able to sack a PM.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-sought-advice-sacking-prime-minister-638320
  • Can’t see that ever happening, but I’d love to know which side the Mail would back
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can only see a possibility of it happening if there’s a VONC and Johnson refuses to leave Downing Street, which has been suggested.
  • Can’t see that ever happening, but I’d love to know which side the Mail would back

Clearly the queen would have been brainwashed by evil remainders and only good sir Boris can save her by... Delivering brexit?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I can only see a possibility of it happening if there’s a VONC and Johnson refuses to leave Downing Street, which has been suggested.

They (the Opposition and MP's) should take Boris down with a VONC. It's the only way to stop a catastrophal no deal Brexit.
    Team Boris won't stop otherwise as they have gone rogue. Their sights are set on a Randian libertarian utopia a la the current US of A, Putin's Russia and Singapore. Does the UK really want to follow that example? Is this truely the end game for right wing politics? Conservative MP's will need to look at themselves long and hard in the mirror to answer those questions. And they need to hurry as time is running out. The future of the UK is at stake.
  • She's done it before
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

They (the Opposition and MP's) should take Boris down with a VONC. It's the only way to stop a catastrophal no deal Brexit.
    Team Boris won't stop otherwise as they have gone rogue. They have their sights set on a Randian libertarian utopia a la the current US of A, Putin's Russia and Singapore. Does the UK really want to follow that example? Is this truely the end game for right wing politics? Conservative MP's will need to look at themselves long and hard in the mirror with a deep introspective look to answer those questions. And they need to hurry as time is running out. The future of the UK is at stake.

They've already stopped a catastrophic no deal brexit, at least in the sort term.
  • There is no point launching a vote of no confidence unless Corbyn has a guarantee he can win a confidence vote.

Otherwise we just end up with a November election.
  • @GooberTheHat
    I don't trust team Boris. They'll use any if not all legal loopholes they can find to get past the Brexit deadline. That is how much there is at stake for them to achieve a no deal. Of course they will take a deal if the EU caves in to their demands but that is very unlikely.

Labour and a coalition of MP's will have to avert no deal themselves. If not prepare for dissapointment, chaos and a very long recession.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He has no choice. He is legally required to request an extension if Parliment haven't ratified a deal, or explicitly approved no deal. I'm not concerned at this stage.
  • Aye, let's hope so.
  • I’m concerned.
    Now that Parliament is back, they should just be getting the extension done asap. They’re supposedly going to either do a VONC this week or bring forward the date in the Benn Act to make him request an extension by next weekend. I’d rather they just make him get on with it than give him three weeks to come up with some nation-breaking wheeze.
  • Just reading the Q&A from Uncle Tom Javid's Today interview.
    Utterly pointless him turning up. They could have asked him what colour tie he was wearing and he wouldn't have given an answer.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Make your own Brexit billboard https://ledbydonkeys.com/

Inspiring...

OwtOZ2Dh.jpg
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • hunk wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    They (the Opposition and MP's) should take Boris down with a VONC. It's the only way to stop a catastrophal no deal Brexit. Team Boris won't stop otherwise as they have gone rogue. Their sights are set on a Randian libertarian utopia a la the current US of A, Putin's Russia and Singapore. Does the UK really want to follow that example? Is this truely the end game for right wing politics? Conservative MP's will need to look at themselves long and hard in the mirror to answer those questions. And they need to hurry as time is running out. The future of the UK is at stake.

The current government have a legal mandate to request an extension if a deal has not been agreed by the 17th (I think?).

If a VONC wins, and leads to a General Election, the next government will not be legally mandated to request that, and can simply revoke it.

They need to be sure, that if a VONC succeeds, an Opposition Government wins an overwhelming majority, which they are not sure of.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's not quite right. They just need to be sure that it's able to form a government within 14 days (irrespective of size of majority), so it can ask for extension. Losing a GE after that isn't instantly catestrophic if the extension is in the bag (and the risk of losing a GE can never be avoided altogether).
  • I am not getting how a GE resolves any of this.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Why does Johnson and his cabinet still appear to believe that the UK will leave the EU without a deal?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • so many questions, oh so few answers.
    I am guessing the government think they have found some loophole to the Benn act.  No-one outside the government can work out what that might be
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Johnson’s nailed his do or die flag to the mast and isn’t quite ready to accept death.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!