Star Wars Battlefront
  • Then again our reaction times may be a factor but others tell me it's a technical issue with DICE games and bow to their experience.  I'm still in because, hey, it's Star Wars.

So I gather they use client side hit detection, even though the game is running from a dedicated server, the hit detection is essentially P2P and has a particularly poor refresh rate at that.  They also use lag compensation to level the playing field so everybody can enjoy a consistent experience whether on 2meg or 200.  The theory being in practice however, is this tends to favour those on poorer bandwidths, and that this can be massaged by maxing out your own bandwidth with downloading, streaming, etc.  As far as I know, Australia in particular do not have regional EA dedicated servers so find themselves getting pooted all over the globe to get connected, and this will run true of other regions.  There's a clamour for a server browser to be added but that hasn't worked for Battlefield and I don't think it will work here.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • And I think the Frostbite engine is dogshit too.  It was awesome in Bad Company 2 and has gone backwards ever since.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Miserable bigger. 
    I've been on this since 2pm and I've had a whale of a time.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • That's 'cos you are playing with the unemployed all smacked up to their tits.
  • I just logged off 5 mins ago!
  • You've probably got crappy internet, people like you make me sick.
  • It's fucking Christmas as well. 
    People like make me sick.
  • Bought this when pished yesterday. I have tried 3 different types of matchmaking and none of the lobbies have more than 5 people. 

Is this normal for people that have been playing it? Feeling regret.
  • Nope, mine have been full.
    The only time I had an issue was fighter squadron after a server restart.

I tend to play Walker Ass, Blast, fighter squad. I was playing at about 3pm until 10:30pm on weds and it was always full, on Bone. PS4 has more players apparently.
  • And p's.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Holy fuck , Endor at night is gorgeous. Even the Hoth caves look stunning
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Meh, it's no Splatoon.
  • Hate leads to suffering...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Aussie commentates on Stormtrooper vs Skywalker:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mXdvxdGoI
  • Top lols today. 
    Clutch WA victories as the imps. 
    Massive suicide killstreak as the emperor. 
    Airspeeder tow cable wins. 
    Boba Fett trolling. 
    Smashed a speederbike into a tree.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Anyone still playing this?  I was dead rubbish at the start but have acclimatised and am KDRing my way to parity.  You get punished early days for a lack of gear but the scan powerup and jetpack really help sort it all out.  Still BF-lite but that disposable nature makes it moreish for me.  Heroes mode is good fun, seem to win lots on that.  Went toe to toe with Solo as Fett being the last heroes/villains at play and rocketed him with no health ftw, I may have whooped.  Supremacy on Endor at night is an utter clusterfuck though, never less than creamed in there.  I flung out a hail mary grenade with 1 second and 1 health left on the battle mode thingy from behind a box and managed to kill 4 blokes to sweep in for most explosive kills award, my first.  Fett is a monster, went on a 20+ kill rampage with him I think.  Skywalker on the Tatooine supremacy level is also a monster, those tight confines are a sabering gallery.  It's good, in a way.
    Aussie commentates on Stormtrooper vs Skywalker: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mXdvxdGoI
    Same guy that did the GoT review I tink.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Webbins wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Nobody.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    righto
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm till playing but mostly day time.
    My night time gaming has been seriously curtailed by the missus who wants the tv. 

El username, toxic taz play a lot also. 

In fact I'm going in now.
  • 25-2 KDR on blast. I effing love that Endor map with the landing pad and corridors. 
    I also managed to shoot down several dirty airpseeder pilots tow cabling the AT, a couple with my primary weapon.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    This may be a shit multiplayer experience for some but with the HUD off, creeping about and not rushing in rewards with the feeling of actually partaking in the Star Wars saga. Still making me grin like a big-eared farmhand.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Need to sort out my coms though, still strict NAT after my FNF fiasco.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Who's up for some insta death and uncoordinated teamwork tonight?
  • I'd rather get gobbled off by Nien Nunb.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I mean, who wouldn't?

hqdefault.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I was going to jump on but there's a match on tonight that will be so boring I'll probably end up catching up on some beauty sleep.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    No worries, am going to watch Fury Road with little Big Hair.  

Gotta get my £19.99 worth, the fuckin HMV rob dogs.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I would be in.
  • Is anybody playing this or is it as dead as this thread suggests?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!