Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You need a pick axe for stone, the shovel is for dirt, gravel and sand.
  • You need a pick axe for stone, the shovel is for dirt, gravel and sand.

Ah that's where I am going wrong!  Thanks again mate much appreciated.

And I'll jump in with you and Frantic when I'm a little more clued up on everything - you guys spent much time on your world?

I don't think I've got Frantic in my friend's list, what's his GT?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, we've restarted after every update. FranticPea is his tag I think, go through my list to get him.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea. I'll be on later, hopefully around 9.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    FranticPea
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Shit
  • Haha cheers again fellas, I'll fire an invite over to you too Frantic.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Xbox >> PC >> Satanism >> Paedophilia >> Sony

I'm nicking this for my sig.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Ah smeg, you can't use BB Code in signatures. :(
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Thanks for the invite last night Paul but I was only on for 5 minutes to show my wife how Minecraft works etc.  She already loves it!

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll get used to the game over the next week or so then jump in with you and Frantic.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    With all the furore regarding the Xbox One I think if I was in any sort of decision making position I would take a small hit on the profit and bundle the full Xbox One version of Minecraft with every console and then advertise the fuck out of it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    With all the furore regarding the Xbox One I think if I was in any sort of decision making position I would take a small hit on the profit and bundle the full Xbox One version of Minecraft with every console and then advertise the fuck out of it.

Guaranteed sales right there.  Minecraft is so good, I'm already hooked.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Minecraft is so good, I'm already hooked.
    It is up there as one of gamings standout titles.

I really wish you'd got the PC version and joined us on there. It is a thing of beauty being able to log-in to our own world regardless of whether anybody is on or not. I am about to fire it up now and check out this bridge/entrance I have heard about!!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The fact that someone needs to turn their 360 on to play means there's always someone to talk to (using easy comms, natch). Also means more people are likely to be in at the same time.

It might seem like a handicap but it's actually one of the best things about it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    It is up there as one of gamings standout titles. I really wish you'd got the PC version and joined us on there. It is a thing of beauty being able to log-in to our own world regardless of whether anybody is on or not. I am about to fire it up now and check out this bridge/entrance I have heard about!!!

My Desktop PC in my home office isn't powerful enough to run it mate (I don't think it is anyway).  And the wife uses the laptop whilst I game on the Xbox so pretty happy chilling on the sofa playing it that way.

But yes, I've seen some awesome YouTube vids of it running on PC.

I just can't get enough of this game - so, so good.  I'd probably buy an Xbox for it if I didn't already own one.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    The fact that someone needs to turn their 360 on to play means there's always someone to talk to (using easy comms, natch). Also means more people are likely to be in at the same time. It might seem like a handicap but it's actually one of the best things about it.
    It's a handicap if the person who is 'hosting' the world isn't on.

I'm just saying that for me I find the persistent world much more beneficial to the game and people playing it than worrying about whether anybody else is online or not. I'd be gutted if I couldn't carry on building my prison/Travelodge now as I have some free time. Also I have yet to be in our own world without there having been somebody else on at some stage. Horses for courses and all that, actually has the 360 version had the horses update?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    It is up there as one of gamings standout titles. I really wish you'd got the PC version and joined us on there. It is a thing of beauty being able to log-in to our own world regardless of whether anybody is on or not. I am about to fire it up now and check out this bridge/entrance I have heard about!!!
    My Desktop PC in my home office isn't powerful enough to run it mate (I don't think it is anyway).  And the wife uses the laptop whilst I game on the Xbox so pretty happy chilling on the sofa playing it that way. But yes, I've seen some awesome YouTube vids of it running on PC. I just can't get enough of this game - so, so good.  I'd probably buy an Xbox for it if I didn't already own one.
    Whatever works best for you bud, I know that if I could only afford one title for launch Xbox One it would be Minecraft that would get my money!
  • Yeah I agree Perm, it would be amazing having my mates being able to join my world even if I wasn't playing and add stuff to it.

Why didn't the Xbox do it that way then?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The world needs a server to keep it persisted...Mojang have for the first time started Realms which is them hosting their own minecraft worlds on servers.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    And charging for it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Quite, we have to chip in to keep the server for pc running.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    One'd presume Mojang's Realms will be optimised for the game tho and largely based on IaaS so anything they kick out should be better value and performance to anything currently available.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Has Minecraft said that it's still exclusive come the new dawn? I know they had the spot in the MS presser but I haven't heard too much about it beyond that. 

The wonders of cloud computing marketing shite do seem well suited to a Minecraft implementation too. It would seem that Azure could do the persistent server stuff in HD as requested and if so why the fuck isn't that a headline shot from E3? Seems a huge positive example of their initial DRM/online dream announce if any other.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There's a lot that should've been warned lyrical at the E3 presser. But hey, this ain't the thread f'it.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    OOoops good point. 
    I did see that TU12 was inbound imminently and was getting slightly closer to PC. Better half brick management is whispered (joy!); horses a million to one shot.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    They probably don't want to shout too loud about the XB1 edition having more features because people won't take to kindly to being asked to buy a whole new console and the game again just to get them.

That said, Respawn have said they'll be using the Azure server stuff on XB1, 360 and PC. So I don't see why some of this couldn't be rolled back into the 360 version of Minecraft.
  • I haven't been in love with a video game for as long as I can remember.  This has rekindled my love for games.  I just can't stop playing it.

A n00b question though - how the hell do I restore my hearts?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!