theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Cross platform play. Well, cross manufacturer play should I say.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Also, Minecraft is coming to XB1, fucking lol that's a 360 game, you don't even need HD Minecraft fucking lol.

Minecraft is coming to PS4, awesome news!
    beano wrote:
    Um. Not sure what the last part is about but interesting commentary, maybe meant for another thread.
    I must say I did think the same as Mod at some stage but didn't say anything.

I expressed great joy at Minecraft appearing on next gen and received replies along the same lines as Mod's first sentence.

Mod's second sentence was a sentiment echoed by some but they didn't get the same reply that I received.

Onto my other post though, why would it be so hard to use my scenario? Where is the difficulty in setting up a shared save using the 'power of the cloud™' that isd accessed by those that are privy to it? I fire up my XB1 and decide to load our shared save, the XB1 checks the file sees that you are logged in. It simply directs me to your game. You leave. I build a castle and leave the game. Upon the me leaving (being the last person) it does another save to the 'power of the cloud™' so that it is ready for the next person to join.

Obviously the problem with the ease in which I see this happening is down to me not being a programmer but if a game can keep track of 64-players and collapsing buildings I can't see the difficulties involved in managing a simple save file?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I know that when I heard that 4J were making what appeared to be a HD version of the Xbox client that I've already seen roll slowly through it's generations with little real fanfare (bigger worlds? Just 'bigger worlds'? On a machine that's brand new and at least 4 times faster than my MacBook runs an 'infinite' modded world on... Seemed a bit of a let down to me). It was a bit of a meh. The clouding of a persistent world could have been great but no news I've heard on that even now.. 

Th excitement for the Sony thing was initially for me as there was no news of the dev involved (I thought 4J were made of MS money? Clearly not) so it was new news. No big reveal just a cheeky 5secs splash.. Is Jeb on it? Will Mojang drop it to someone new? Are they going for servers? Will it be a port of the current PC build? Mods? Texture packs etc 
    Then it dropped that it was PS3 and Vita. Ooooh? Vita could be a good fit too. 

As it turns out now to be 4J doing the lot seemingly then I've got a bit less interested. It'll probably be a fairly universal base tickled a tiny bit to fit in across the platforms. No FeedtheBeast, no wild modding, dlc packs and skins, restricted maps. Could still be excellent but so far; Good but not great.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Perm, it's not that it's hard or difficult it's that it adds a layer of complexity that doesn't make it worth it in the face of what's there for console and what's there for PC or even devices. I'm no game dev, heck I'm not Mojang either and this is only my opinion.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So, I knew giant mushrooms existed. But not mushroom islands.

null_zps5aadb2c9.jpg

And I had absolutely no idea mushroom cows existed. Was a bit of a shock.

null_zps70eaa108.jpg
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That be a Mooshroom lad. Use the shears on it!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I saw it from a distance and wondered wtf was going on!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That....that's amazing!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    So this mashup pack has been released.. apparently. 

So you go into Minecraft and the initial store section. Seems to take ages as usual. Fine. 

Trying to buy it currently seems to give me a complete system crash soo… anyone able to get it yet?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Checked on the status page and it seems that the most important part of Live has collapsed again. The buying bit. 

At least MS usually get that type of fault sorted pretty sharpish.. 

Live as crappy as PSN?

Not quite but certainly not infallible either.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    When Minecraft comes to the Playstation does anybody know if it will be available for the Vita?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It will. Oddly it appears that the PS4 is a launch game and the One version is a launch window title? 4J have said that all console versions (Vita, One, PS4, 360) will share the same imminent TU13 (360) codebase too. Presumably the One and PS4 variants will have larger worlds but that has only been hinted at from the initial 360 reveal trailer that lasted about 4 picoseconds and had a splash of 'Bigger worlds' on it. 

Seems a shame that they look to not be going with the infinite world PC staple with the next genners but it's all still a bit hint and rumour just yet.
  • Day one on PS4? Excellent.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh wow. Need to get back on this with all the packs I haven't tried. See, yet another reason to delay my next gen foray.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Minecraft is launch with PS4 don't forget. Code base is the same as current Xbox but (at a guess) like full 1080P at rock steady 60fps. Totally l33t version for total n00b pwning… or possibly a slightly longer draw distance and bigger worlds? 

No actual word yet if the current Xbox store stuff (texture packs, mashups) will be in from the start either. 

4J did mention on Twitter that when the Sony boys turn up they contractually have to take all Xbox kit off the desks and vice versa. 

As 4J say, "Sony might run away with Microsoft equipment lol" Heheh. 

I'd never really thought about that part of multi plat dev before. 

"Quick! Hide all the Kinects, that's Trevor from Sony in the carpark lads."
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It would just be easier to set aside one office for Sony kit and one for Microsoft wouldn't it?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, I'm not spending 400+ to play minecraft. There's fuck all else of worth out at launch, I'll stick to the 360 version.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It doesn't seem as if they have space for two offices at the Linton tech centre.. or the CTOs converted garage seemingly. hehe

Tiny operation it seems, it sounds like you can probably get a job by wearing a creeper cap in the local post office.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    With the money they have made I would have built my own premises.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It is a bit odd from the outsider perspective that now they're on 5 different builds (3 x Sony, 2 x MS - one universal base now granted) that they're still in a shop next to the CTOs house in a outtatheway wee farming town in darkest Scootland. In the vid from that linky above you can see they have monitors plastered on every conceivable crevice and desks butting up to desks, all heaving with various controllers and kits. 

Logistical nightmare for the Minecraft monolith you'd think wouldn't you? Hey ho.. seems to work for them and they can keep both Sony and MS happy for now.
  • Minecraft is going to look fucking awesome on next-gen, can't wait. Draw distance and draw speed, for starters.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Minecraft is going to look fucking awesome on next-gen, can't wait. Draw distance and draw speed, for starters.
    Yes indeed though it the Vita version that most has me frothing at the gash.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    And in fact the more you try to poke around this morning the less details there are to find. 4J have been pretty silent on any real details of the Sony and PS4 variants beyond shared codebases it seems. I can't find a recent confirmation that it is in fact still a day one launch PS4 but similarly no confirmation that it's dropped to launch window? 
    Is radio silence due to ultra deadline, 48hr day, crunch death or because there's something to hide? An elaborate scam perhaps? Simply no more news to give? A delay until March that would tear the internet asunder?? hoho.. it's a slow Sunday. 

No news from Minecon but perhaps that big show on the 14th will have some tidbits? Vita version that cross plays with PS3/4 would be handy too. A push too far perhaps?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Minecraft is going to look fucking awesome on next-gen, can't wait. Draw distance and draw speed, for starters.

Errmm, this is a joke right?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Errmm, this is a joke right?
    Why would it be?

Saying that I don't really remember what the 360 version is like but I know that on PC the draw distance could be improved.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Getting excited  about next gen mincraft because of the graphics is hilarious. It minecraft!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!