Splatoon - Grandma's Chicken Salad.
  • I really want some clothes with ninja squid.
  • I really want some clothes with ninja squid.

It's great for popping up behind and using roller a mêlée splat.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Is Supuraton by Ninty Japan? If so it's no surprise it has terrible online features, they just don't really do online like the West does, they're all about ad-hoc stuff in cafés, hence the popularity of Animal Crossing and MH.

Mario Kart wii, pokemon and smash Bro suggest they can do all of the features on a sporadic and inconsistent basis. They just choose not to to the annoyance of a fair bunch.

The lack of voice chat for example, I think, makes the game more of a fun mess around. The randomness of the load outs also somewhat reduces any sort of true chase for glory.

Makes the game more inviting and open Imo.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Oh fuck it. I might.

It's only £25.

On disc aye. £35 on eShop.

Maybe my daughter might get it for her birthday.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I mean, I've probably come across quite confrontational there - sorry for that. Goddam would I love 2P online if only for the fact that my wife and I could play at the same time - at the minute we're nigh fighting over it (she's on it right now btw) But man, if Treyarch can't do it, I doubt nintendo's creaky stuff can do it. And I think there's some real diddy dumplings basic stuff that needs fixed on Splatoon first

No worries. I'm always irritated by the lack of local options in games. It might not annoy me so much if the offline local offering wasn't so meager. The balloon thing is fine and all that, but I want to do the paint splatter thing locally. I want to share this god damn amazing game with people, but it just throws up roadblocks.
  • I think the lack of local stuff is because they didn't want or have time to make an AI. It's a more interesting problem than a simple shoot bot.

The AI Octos are terrible in general.

1 v 1 is already creaky but a splat game would be terrible if it was one v one. You'd need at least 3 v 3 Imo.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is there a sense where 2p can communicate more than remote mp partners (and indeed see stuff on the other screen directly), making it unfair?
  • Ha could be that too.

It might be mitigated by "randomly" assigning players to separate teams.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Is Supuraton by Ninty Japan? If so it's no surprise it has terrible online features, they just don't really do online like the West does, they're all about ad-hoc stuff in cafés, hence the popularity of Animal Crossing and MH.
    Mario Kart wii, pokemon and smash Bro suggest they can do all of the features on a sporadic and inconsistent basis. They just choose not to to the annoyance of a fair bunch. The lack of voice chat for example, I think, makes the game more of a fun mess around. The randomness of the load outs also somewhat reduces any sort of true chase for glory. Makes the game more inviting and open Imo.

Those games all have fair issues with their online though, despite both having serviceable local online functions.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I mean, I've probably come across quite confrontational there - sorry for that. Goddam would I love 2P online if only for the fact that my wife and I could play at the same time - at the minute we're nigh fighting over it (she's on it right now btw) But man, if Treyarch can't do it, I doubt nintendo's creaky stuff can do it. And I think there's some real diddy dumplings basic stuff that needs fixed on Splatoon first

No worries. I'm always irritated by the lack of local options in games. It might not annoy me so much if the offline local offering wasn't so meager. The balloon thing is fine and all that, but I want to do the paint splatter thing locally. I want to share this god damn amazing game with people, but it just throws up roadblocks.

This is a great game despite not because
  • Tempy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Mario Kart wii, pokemon and smash Bro suggest they can do all of the features on a sporadic and inconsistent basis. They just choose not to to the annoyance of a fair bunch. The lack of voice chat for example, I think, makes the game more of a fun mess around. The randomness of the load outs also somewhat reduces any sort of true chase for glory. Makes the game more inviting and open Imo.

Those games all have fair issues with their online though, despite both having serviceable local online functions.

I mean they do but if you add up the features they essentially have everything people seem to think is missing.

Realtime voice, two local players v online, friend lobbies, good options, spectator mode, ranked matches. All have shown up in nintendo games.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    why can't we be happy about the fun game xoxoxox
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • But it could be funner
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    There's not enough brown.
    Things can only get better.
  • Has anyone started to imagine squirting the pavements irl yet? You will now.
  • Gonna pop on for five mins and then back on around eight when the boy goes to sleep.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

I'm delighted with it - I don't want to play anything else. But if you REALLY love something you'll criticise it because you want it to be EVEN BETTER
  • regmcfly wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

I'm delighted with it - I don't want to play anything else. But if you REALLY love something you'll criticise it because you want it to be EVEN BETTER

Wait. That's not how love works.

• Reg wears the trousers.
  • If anyone is on later I'll be using the roller. I will ninja splat you. 

I've decided this game doesn't need voice chat, but it would be nice to talk about what just happened in the lobby. They do it for MK so why not this?
  • The music for the last few seconds with whistle bliw at the end is perfection.
  • I've suddenly become very obsessive about having my team's side of the map painted to have nice clean right angles...
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Cindemon? Dante? tin? It seems (not sure how much online or local)

I'm about, but utterly unreliable I suspect both in terms of matching up with anyone, and also being remotely competent when I am there.  Also "I" may turn out to be one of my kids.  Still, anyone's welcome to add me, it's tin_robot imaginatively enough...
  • SLEdge wrote:
    I've suddenly become very obsessive about having my team's side of the map painted to have nice clean right angles...
    This game could drive an ocd'er nuts.

• SLEdge wrote:
    I've suddenly become very obsessive about having my team's side of the map painted to have nice clean right angles...
    This game could drive an ocd'er nuts.

I think it's the mentality of unpainted ground seeming worse than losing ground to the enemy. When the team charges off, I'm mopping up all the corners around base with my inkbrush!
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • I'll be on at nine if anyone's about.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My wife's on :(
  • There's four of us stuck in a lobbo waiting like dicks.
  • Just saw on Twitter that spike, the clothes ordering guy, is basically killing those cute sea shells you can use to get rerolls on the perks

Fucking dark.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!