Splatoon - Grandma's Chicken Salad.
  • Tower control looks excellent.
  • Even though it's basically Payload.
  • Edge 9. Knew it would be. 

I really should get in on this. Haven't even put the disc in the console yet!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Games tm gave it a seven but ended with revealing it only played on launch and saying the audience would have dwindled.

The game is great.

As a toy to play it is on a level unrivalled by much more allegedly meaty games.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't do find enough time for this game, busy at work so all I can do in the evenings is Netflix.

Need to get my vote in for POP soon and look at the new modes. Never ever played ranked, do you still level up? Only at level 13. Last time I was in a room full of Japanese players, that didn't en nd well. Hardly got any points.
  • It's a wonderful game that's only going to get much better. I still think drip feeding the new content is misguided. Many won't be coming back.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Edge 9. Knew it would be.  I really should get in on this. Haven't even put the disc in the console yet!

From what I've seen, there's too little content out of the gate to be worth a 9.
    And almost everyone moans about the tilt controls.

There are some awesome ideas in there though. Love the roller weapon.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I like the tilt control, but you can just turn it off.
  • Nina wrote:
    I don't do find enough time for this game, busy at work so all I can do in the evenings is Netflix.
    I
    Need to get my vote in for POP soon and look at the new modes. Never ever played ranked, do you still level up? Only at level 13. Last time I was in a room full of Japanese players, that didn't en nd well. Hardly got any points.

You do get points for levelling in ranked BUT you either get very high (2000ish) or very low (most of the time zero) depending on if you win or lose.
  • Im on this in about 20 min, JOIN ME
  • Anyone participate?
  • I've been on a couple of times today, and to be perfectly honest I have no idea how this works (skipped past the rules). I've picked a side, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of how my side is doing. Do you just play and it'll track things in the background?
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Was hoping you'd tell me. What's the tower mode like?
  • Oh.... the event didn't start until 6pm. On now.

I've only played Tower mode once, and it was just to take control and deliver a moving platform from the centre of the stage to the target over by the enemy base. A little underwhelming.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • I played tower a few times. It was pretty thrilling. In one game the other team got down to two and then we beat them in extra time.

IT'S like splatzones but with a less abstract target and a mechanic for balancing the game back  (you have to get the tower in your opponents half, while splats its a legit tactic to camp and destroy).

As far as I can tell, splatfest tracks your teams score across the 24 hours and then the team with the most gets some shells to re roll their abilities
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Did my best for Team Pop tonight, but my stupid teammates weren't helping (always blame others). Was fun, hopefully they'll do more like this, and then send the amiiboos to the participants.

Tried some tower mode, didn't realise they'd replace the previous mode, didn't get a chance to try that. I like tower mode, all games were quick, but still exciting. Way faster than payload in TF2.
    There's just enough time to change the game in your favor if you're not in control, but if you don't click with you're teammates it's over quickly, so you can search for a new game. Couple of games I had felt good.
  • Nina wrote:
    Tried some tower mode, didn't realise they'd replace the previous mode

What?
  • In ranked mode the tower mode swaps with splat zones.
  • But on a regular basis.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's a weird decision, but at least it means I might have a chance to try splat zone.
  • Yeah it's kind of irritating. I think the problem is no one would play splatzones (Joke)

It feels like they are using every tactic to ensure anyone who wants a game will get one. No splitting of bases at all across game modes.
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    It's a wonderful game that's only going to get much better. I still think drip feeding the new content is misguided. Many won't be coming back.

It's a shame but I played it for a couple of hours and got bored and have given up with it. Lack of in game comms kills it for me.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Had some fun in my first couple of hours on this yesterday. There's a lot more depth in the weapons, kit and tactics than I thought. Looks and plays great, and started getting used to the motion aiming by the end of the session.

The only downside is that it leads to the annoying situation plaguing modern shooters where new players are penalised for being new. It wouldn't have been so bad if the matchmaking was better but there were a few times where I was on a team of level 1-5's against a team of level 12's plus. Got absolutely smashed.

Team tactics and comms would make a difference for sure but it's a rough entry. Anyway, I hit level 4 so have now upgraded from the basic weapon set and it's certainly made a difference. This is likely old news but I'm late to the party as always.

One question, I'm guessing that walls do count towards your percentage coverage? I only ask because they seem to overlooked in most games I've had so far.
  • Walls don't count. Birds eye coverage only as per end map view. Good for tactical reasons only. Future update will bring private matches btw.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    WALLS DONT COUNT
  • Walls are good for moving around. For example in the skate park you need it to get to the central tower
  • Get yerself some Art Academy reg, crayon. It's unexpectedly superb. Nintendo amaze.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!