Splatoon - Grandma's Chicken Salad.
  • Same shite RM that got it in a day early too?

As in if something doesn't turn up on time or a little late, it's because of the shite royal mail and not the company sending it.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Did anyone play the final boss yet? Was simultaneously frustrating but also ridiculously fun when it all clicked.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I didn't really but there's nothing like lots of people saying "well, I didn't have a problem" to someone who has a problem
    I got two copies by mistake.
  • I actually like the 2 maps per day thing, it keeps me coming back. Plus, if it had launched with say 10 maps it would probably be weeks before I learned any of them properly. I now know 4 of them rather well after a few hours play.

It keeps the whole thing fresh.

Plus there's nothing wrong with slowly releasing content already on disk if they're not making you pay for it
  • I really enjoyed using the roller this evening but Part of me thinks it's only gonna be useful in turf war. It's also a bit cheese.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's not even per day - they cycle every 4 hours.

Good games last night with Graphure (ex Edgerum Kykiske) ERE, SG, and Dogfingers. Nearly a full lobby of people I knew
  • I will join in at some point.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Gonzo's cheque bounced, the fool.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ordered this a couple a days ago from Gameseek for notverymuch. Still hasn't turned up yet but should be here soon. 

Looking forward to having a Splat but will say now that there's a chance if you see me on that I may be 5yrs old, 8 yrs old or a potentially slightly more accurate old codger typing now. Had a crack at the testfire and thought it was great fun. 
    Dunno if it'll pull me from the Destiny smack but I've gotta try to break the  addiction somehow...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EG review up - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-02-splatoon-review

Apparently updates of weapons / maps are going to be weekly from now till August. Seems good to me.
  • Fook. That's Good.
  • Enjoyed last night's shenanigans and I'll spend some time with it tonight - need to level up a bit. It's certainly Charlie's favourite game ever. Hiding in the ink on single player, popping up to shoot octarians while screaming "SURPRISE!!!" might be his favourite thing ever.
  • I dunno whether to dive in. Lack of voice chat is annoying.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • In some ways the game is somewhat objectivist. In the pursuit of an individualists goals, to the max of their ability, the collective will do better as a natural consequence.

(of course what does the losing team say to that?)

This is one complaint I cannot get behind. The game doesn't miss voice chat what-so-ever. And if it's something you need there are plenty of other avenues.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
    It's certainly fun. I've only dabbled but I can see how important tactics might be in terms of the need to keep important lanes inked for team traffic. Saying that, there is a handy realtime map on the gamepad. More important is not knowing the weapon balance on the team until you play.
    It's certainly fun. I've only dabbled but I can see how important tactics might be in terms of the need to keep important lanes inked for team traffic. Saying that, there is a handy realtime map on the gamepad. More important is not knowing the weapon balance on the team until you play.

I elicit a sad sigh every time I see all my team mates with rollers. It's practically a license to lose.
  • Having to quit the lobby to change weapon does my nut in.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I dunno whether to dive in. Lack of voice chat is annoying.

I elicit a sad sigh every time I see all my team mates with rollers. It's practically a license to lose.

If it's a kraken roller it's not toooooooo bad.
  • I need to investigate weapon upgrades. Haven't bought a thing since the first roller.
  • I need to investigate weapon upgrades. Haven't bought a thing since the first roller.

Aerospray RG is the Don in my opinion.
    Although I kind of like the look of the Dual Squelcher.
  • Just saw the sub and charge weapons on the Dual Squelcher. Now I'm not so keen.
    Aerospray MG or RG with a damage buff or two and you're laughing.

MG is great for the range and the Seekers, the RG for the Inkstrike.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aerospray is the current Ranked Battle weap of choice
  • See? I speak the truth!
  • You can't move for copies in my house. They burn real well so it saves on coal.
  • I'm going to get me an Aerospray.
  • I'm going to get me an Aerospray.

Aerospray is ace.  It conceals my fundamental shittiness remarkably well.

I'm liking this a lot - though I'm not liking it quite as much as my daughter who is rarely off it long enough to let me play.  (We've done some local co-op, but she doesn't like it if I shoot her...)  

What I've payed of single player so far is excellent as well, although I can see I'm already nearing the end, so perhaps disappointingly short lived.  I'd love to see some of the elements incorporated into multiplayer (particularly the sponges, and the ink-ways), though I can understand why they've kept it simple.

Also, whilst I can totally understand that the lack of chat is deeply annoying, and very limiting for a team shooter - from a boring Dad perspective it does mean I'm comfortable letting my daughter play it without me leaning over her shoulder all the time...
  • Just got me the N-ZAP 85!

Good fun this game.

I'm a bit miffed at some of the omissions though such as 4v4 local, 2p local online and private online matches.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!