Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Guys I'm really scared. On the plus side, I just saw a girl in a bath. Grrrr!

Heh glad you're enjoying it man, its the gaming equivalent of Shawshank really. Ignored in build up and early release, then everyone plays it and wahey its a cracker.
  • I liked it but it needs to be like three hours shorter IMO. The first half is frequently a drag. The second half is far more of a rollercoaster.
  • Yeah, it does what it sets out to do so well.

Horror tropes all over the shop and completely unashamed about it. I have no hatred of QTEs and no desire to get all the collectables, so those don't impact on my enjoyment. I really want to go back and read the spoilers through the thread but that'll have to wait until I've finished.
  • This has also been the first time I've played a game with headphones on since Manhunt. So good. Such a great feature for the PS4 pad to have built in.
  • Having been initially put off by the janky animation, robot eyes and the fuckwittery of the entire cast bar maybe the girl off of heroes I returned to this over the past week or so and it is pretty great after all.  I've quit for the night now and left it at a real cliff hanger (literally - there's fucking stags approaching too), and heroes girl has just started towel wandering.  Can't wait for more.

It is scary though isn't it? I mean put all of this shit in a horror film and we'd all be rolling our eyes at how base it all is but engaged within a rudimentary game work and it's fucking aces.

Is it actually possible not get to dawn though?  I've lost a few already and those that are left all seem to be in pretty fucking tight spots.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • You're at the same point as me, Uncle. I've just stopped at the towel wandering section.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Enjoy that TENSION.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Enjoy that TOWEL!!!!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Missed opportunity not to mocap Klitschko as a wendigo.
  • Spoilers, you tool.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I liked it but it needs to be like three hours shorter IMO. The first half is frequently a drag. The second half is far more of a rollercoaster.

I preferred the first half.

• TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I liked it but it needs to be like three hours shorter IMO. The first half is frequently a drag. The second half is far more of a rollercoaster.

Me too,but that's very of the genre.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm gonna see this through until dawn but I'm finding it hard.  It's very stressful and tense which I know is the aim of the whole thing but there's very little respite from it all.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

The thing is
    Spoiler:

Also this encouragement to replay the thing is really hamstrung by unskippable everything.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

The thing is
    Spoiler:

Also this encouragement to replay the thing is really hamstrung by unskippable everything.

Yeah but if some thing is less than 12 hours it's The Order Syndrome innit?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

Me too,but that's very of the genre.

Oh of course
  • Crayon is correct - we're far too far along genre exploitation to require endless expositions. James Wan has put on far too much work for any subsequent directors to be doing leg work on shitty horror films for the masses to assimilate. The foundations for this decade's kids are now storied beyond belief
  • Also DJR

Much love the cinema massive
  • Bob wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

The thing is
    Spoiler:

If it was film length it could have been cheaper.

Perhaps if they properly chunked and went hitman 2016 model it'd have been better.
  • Bob wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    The thing is
    Spoiler:
    If it was film length it could have been cheaper. Perhaps if they properly chunked and went hitman 2016 model it'd have been better.

For sure it would've been great episodic gaming like Life is Strange only not wank.. but I still think there's a stigma to budget/episodic games.
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hopefully Hitman has bucked that because it works brilliantly
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Hopefully Hitman has bucked that because it works brilliantly

Although I believe their boxing it all up for retail release?
    The Forum Herald™
  • essentially works as a double launch which is nice.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is there anything you miss out on buying it at retail the full package? I swear people who are buying the episodes get something else.
  • They get live updates and challenges that won't necessarily be there when it hits retail
  • Finished this now.  Loved it.  I was not a success in getting much of my gang through, however.  Seems I'd be that person in horror movies who goes down to the basement/into the spooky graveyard/goes back for the friend when they should just gtfo.

I look forward to the true next gen, multi platform uber budget sequel which has pretty much been confirmed to be on its way.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Borrowed this off my bro in law and started it earlier. I've jumped about 2 feet into the air several times already. Just nope. Nope nope nope. But I'm still playing.

I need to bring stuff in from the drier in the garage but the garage is separate from the house. Fuck that. I'll wait until morning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!