Until Dawn
  • I'm not sure if it was originally episodic but it feels like a lot of film length games bunged together. Each one is a satisfying and they tie together reasonably well but it's possible to see the joins.

Nah was all on one disc originally.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It had a fairly troubled development though. (So I mean it had plans for being episodic during development).

What I mean is that it fairly sharply
    Spoiler:
  • I'm not sure you can hold that against the development.

Games are a lot longer than movies so there's every chance the plot was always going to go taht way.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just finished it.
    Spoiler:
    I think it's well done overall. Some bits straight out of Resident Evil that create tension much more effectively even with QTEs and a few binary decisions.
  • So, looking at the trophies it turns out that
    Spoiler:
    Thinking about it, the ending was too abrupt and all the relationship building and character stats didn't seem to add up to much. I hoped that side would play a bigger part in the outcome as it went on.

I was going to replay just the final chapter, but it turns out I can't be arsed. The version of the story I got first time will do.
  • OK I could be arsed. Replayed the final chapter
    Spoiler:
  • Just started this today, thoughts so far:
    Teeth - wtf
    Giant pen.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah, the teeth are all wrong. Too big and they look like they curve inward to me.
  • More thoughts...
    If Sam was wearing Jess's jeans, hawwt. 

I'm on chapter 3 and so far it's dangerously close to shitty Heavy Rain territory I.e. I'm ignoring quicktime events and is currently having no consequence, as far as I can tell, to what happens. 
    Because I want them all to die.
  • That sounds like a way to break the illusion all too soon.
  • The giant pens have already done that.
  • Ok. I'm up to girl in bathrobe. How far in is that?
    Because I'm bored shitless. It's bad, Heavy Rain bad.
    I'm being ott for the shits and giggles but like HR and telltales TWD if you aren't invested then it doesn't work. Especially as I'm deliberately not completing a single QTE and so far it's making the game way more entertaining especially the bit where Chris was running through the woods and tripped over every rock and bounced off every tree. That guys a pratfall genius.
  • I think you should just stop playing.
  • Actually that's not strictly true on 2 levels. I am enjoying the genre mashup Stranger Things style approach to the horror and it did hint to me that I might've saved someone if I hadn't been a clutz and fallen off a pipe.
  • I think you should just stop playing.
    Me too. I do want to see what happens. I don't mind the characters. They are quite well written.
    I might just watch a yootoob or something.
  • I quizzed my game Dev mate on giant pens which he explained adequately.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You'll (probably) like it more once you get to thhe reveal of what's killing people.
  • I think I liked it less at that point.
  • Done, was alright. Made some silly errors leading to outcomes I did not want but I will not be replaying.

Nice behind the scenes extras.

Digital panattone is better than the real life one.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The real one goes all pruny in the bath aye.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!