isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    So this is getting universal good scores it seems..8s and up. Iiiinteresting.. 

Will have to put it on the 'look out for a price drop' type list though with all the stuff I'm due to pick up soon mind. (MGS, TTK.. other stuff.. ) Sounds good fun to have a spooky, schlocky teen horror story'em'up. Enjoyed the Rapture recently so am getting in the mood for some of these more interactive story type things  and this sounds like a more focussed affair too.  

Folks are suggesting that this is much more a taste of what the Rift//Morpheus/Vive stuff will start with perhaps. (One of the devs mentioned they had Morpheus kit banging about during it's creation as it happens) 
    As VR finds it's market more of this experiential, slow paced visual novel stuff could really turn out to be amazing imho. Getting in with a jump scare one to start might not be the best for the brown trousering prone out there mind..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Digital Spy thought it was utter wank, and they're usually very lenient.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Universal was a bit of  push but most folks seem to like it. The Destructoid pull quote seemed a fair summary,

"Until Dawn knows exactly what it is, and it doesn't pretend to be anything more. In that process it 
    allows for some predictable plotlines, hammy acting, and lack of meaningful choices, but I'm glad 
    that it exists, and every horror fan owes it to themselves to play it at some point -- especially at a price cut."

Wait for a Chalice?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • g.man wrote:
    Digital Spy thought it was utter wank, and they're usually very lenient.

Ah that bastion of gaming reviews!

Two star score. Reads like a three.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The reviews have certainly raised my interest in this even more, especially as it seems to be receiving a lot of comments about how it would appeal to horror fans.

Yet it will have to wait until cheaper. Hopefully that wont be too long.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    By horror fans I'm sure they mean those who love the same old tropes of the genre and nothing bloody new, but I'll give it a crack at some point.

'oooooo you're being chased'

'oooooo jump scare'

'oooooo creepy child'
  • IT'S BEHIND YOOOOOOO!
  • Kotaku like it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Christ i thought this would be utterly dire but scores are decent.
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1101276

Might wait till its cheaper.
  • Gametrailers also gave it a good review. 
    To me it looks like Heavy Rain but with actual story consequences.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's an odd one. All reports till now have intimated that it's an absolute stinker of a game, yet suddenly it's getting near universal praise? I'll be interested to hear what peeps that buy it here think.

strange days

g.man
  • It does seem slightly unusual. Perhaps it could be down to the experience of playing the entire game / story rather than sections. I read one review that said it had a fairly slow build up before there was any 'scary stuff'. I would imagine previews of those early sections wouldnt be particarly positive.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm gonna get this instead of MGS5 I think, a lot of positive hype from reviews, neogaf etc.
  • So I caved and have got this. £16 after trade ins of two games. Happy to pay that really.

On an additional plus point, I have managed to convince the wife to sit and watch / play this with me! She seemed intrigued.
  • I'm gonna get this instead of MGS5 I think, a lot of positive hype from reviews, neogaf etc.

I want both fffffffffffffff
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Once this is chalice then I will be immediate on. Keeping an eye on postabargain
  • Looks a bit Deadly Premonition to me.
  • Nothing looks like Deadly Premonition. Not even Deadly Premonition.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched the first half hour on a stream, I'm fucking sold. Mr Robot is in it and it looks like cracking fun. Sod MGS5, I'm all over this when I get paid next week.
  • Ars technica and gametrailers were fairly positive. So, it's good then?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • From what i've seen, this looks like my cuppa. Will definitely get this when the price drops nearer Christmas.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's positive from.neogaf and rllmuk too. Has replayability too if you wanna see every outcome, and its the perfect length of 8-12 hours. I want it now but gotta wait fuckdammit fuck.
  • So plaued the prologue and opening chapter of this with the wife watching / choosing options. Firstly, it looks great and the actors / characters are very good. Peter Stormare is in absolutely fine scenery chewing form. The location is nice and creepy and whilst it is a slow start to the story, it has established the characters well and thrown in some okay jump scares.

Secondly, the gameplay is rock solid too. The choices come at you thick and fast during certai scenes and have not been easy so far. Even the more basic dialogue choices have been interesting and led to some disagreements with the wife about what to do. The QTEs have been fine and the introduction of the other gameplay elements are very well done.

But most importantly, it was really enjoyable and I cannot wait to carry on with it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But is it as good as The Order?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuine question because I've only seen trailers - how do you actually play it? Is it a Heavy Rain style thing, or is it just press button to make a decision? I'm okay with the former but not really on board with the latter.
  • So far I have controlled the game in a few ways...

Using the right stick to select decisions
    Quick time button press sequences
    Walking around whilst controlling a character - this has so far been small areas to walk around with fixed camera perspectives
    Aiming and firing (bottle shoot mini game and snowball fight)
    And picking up items like The Order / LA Noire

If is similar to heavy rain, but so far there has been little to explore or interact with when controlling the character. However, the beginning few sections have spent more time switching between and introducing the characters rather thn exploring environments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!