Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • You can ride the Stormbird?!

Welcome to the forum Jon.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • And I'm only here since last year and don't have this game so I'll feck off now.
    Peter3C
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Welcome. Let's hope you're better than the last Jon, he's pinker than the FT
  • Always nice to see some new faces around the place. Welcome Jon.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Welcome aboard jon
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    NEW BLOOD HELLO
  • Hello Jon. Welcome. Answer my question here and become my friend forever.
    three1ne wrote:
    Anyone completed this yet? I'm tiring of it. I forget exactly where I am but I've may be done 7 - 10 main missions. Does anything 'new' happen? The world is void of any interaction. Is it worth sticking with?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • three1ne wrote:
    Hello Jon. Welcome. Answer my question here and become my friend forever.
    three1ne wrote:
    Anyone completed this yet? I'm tiring of it. I forget exactly where I am but I've may be done 7 - 10 main missions. Does anything 'new' happen? The world is void of any interaction. Is it worth sticking with?

I've come across strange metal flowers that open when you get near them. Do they explode, do they snag you and close trapping you. I'm completely unsure so I do what Aloy does best and hide in a bush contemplating this phenomenon.

I've also come across entire cliffs that have been painted in a myriad of colours and at the top is bad carving of Bambi. Where did the tins of paint come from. I haven't found any but I shan't give up
  • Don't have this game (yet) but welcome Jon boy!
  • What above the shimmering lights that you see above the reeds?  Is this some sort of resource you can tap into?  Always disappears when I approach though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I assumed that indicated full cover for stealth.
  • They are just fireflies. 
    They also hang around plants that you can't hide in. 

quest spoiler for those who somehow haven't seen this coming. And a grumble. 
    Spoiler:
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    They are just fireflies. 
    They also hang around plants that you can't hide in. 

quest spoiler for those who somehow haven't seen this coming. And a grumble. 
    Spoiler:

In one i noticed some ropes hanging like they'd climbded down inside from somewere above?

They really should have kept it robo-dinos inside them though.
  • There's a bit where they do rope in. 
    Lt Daniels has spent has spent a lifetime trying to get through that door apparently. 
    The bad guys just rope in.
  • What were the antagonists armed with? Just out of curiosity.

Unsure whether my pro is outputting the wrong colour depth, but has anyone noticed that when it goes dark at night. It's pitch black. Yes I do know this usually happens at night but I've run into countless dino's, a bandit camp and fallen to my death from high cliffs three times.

Any help would be much appreciated on how to craft some form of illumination device to see where I'm going.
  • That sounds completely wrong, Jon. Night has never been pitch black for me.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • three1ne wrote:
    That sounds completely wrong, Jon. Night has never been pitch black for me.

I've enabled HDR and have it set on 4K upscaled but I can't see much at night. I can see other dino's by their head lights and the glow bugs on the long grass. Every time I've distracted human/robot. I have to await the highlighted button for stealth kill as I can't see anything.

I've Completed the game 11 days ago but enjoy rambling around the world.
  • No chance I'm getting this after Zelda unless it's half a chalice.
  • Campy_Jon wrote:
    What were the antagonists armed with? Just out of curiosity. Unsure whether my pro is outputting the wrong colour depth, but has anyone noticed that when it goes dark at night. It's pitch black. Yes I do know this usually happens at night but I've run into countless dino's, a bandit camp and fallen to my death from high cliffs three times. Any help would be much appreciated on how to craft some form of illumination device to see where I'm going.
    Bloody guns and bows. Guns!
    Nothing you haven't seen before until that point. Standard human enemies really. 

Mess with the in-game brightness levels. I always alter them from the default and then give them a nudge or two towards the lighter end. I hate straining to see in games
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Same, I alway bump the "adjust the brightness level until the logo is just visible" setting up until its clearly visible.
  • But the artists want all their carefully handiwork drowned out by some overzealous lighting team who think everything looks better if it's lit from 30 simulated tea candles
  • Maybe it's the way my eyes work, but default levels always look several levels darker than reality to me. I'm not someone who likes super bright either; my iPhone and iPad screens usually sit around ¼ of their full brightness, and the Vita and Switch sliders generally sit as far left as they'll go.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye 'tis pretty
  • Near end game spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Nowhere near the end of this but I did defeat that
    Spoiler:

Just hid behind a tower structure in the end after being completely mauled by it dozens of times over whilst attempting combat in the open.

And I now learn there's a whole territory where these guys lie in wait. Joy.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Need to get back to this as i was really enjoying it. Co-op lols and nuking cattle drew me away.
  • So i thought i had messed up the platinum by
    Spoiler:

Turns out i were just missing a few side missions.
    Platinum got.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!