Nintendo Switch
  • just prepping a nintendo account since i've skipped both wii U and 3ds....therefore do I need a nintendo network ID or was that just for those devices?
    i've created a 'my nintendo' account...

Yeah just the account will do ya.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • my switch software library is mr shifty, BOTW, MK8 and Puyo Puyo Tetris.  Not sure why I thought the launch line up wasn't up to scratch.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Got home to Mario Kart waiting for me. Turned on the Switch and joycons still attached with the console in the docking station.

Both daughters wanted to play so I disconnected the joycons and handed them one each.

The blue joycon needed syncing for some reason but eventually the girls managed a two player championship.

The girls went to bed and I plugged the joycons into the grip to play single player on my TV.

Nothing from the left joycon. The light was flashing up and down.

Sliding the joycons back onto the tablet and all works fine.

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Vela wrote:
    Plus you changed FNF to Forza in general - there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.
    Mario Kart
    Mario Kart 7 thread - 169 pages over 5 years. Forza Horizon 3 - 220+ pages over 10 months. I repeat: there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.
    Vela wrote:
    None of the examples you give appeal in the same way as you think they do. And I was referring to Shenmue 3.
    You said shenmue. Where's the moving goalposts gif when you need it.  I'll grant you shenmue 3 if it comes out. And I say that as someone who backed it on ks.
    I was talking about games on current gen systems - so I thought the 3 would be implied. But yeah, that's my error, not yours. Note: Tone is hard to tell and stuff so I wanna state explicitly now that I'm writing this in a chatty way, not an antagonistic way. I'm sure you're not either - I just don't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick.

Re Forza I thought the metric would have been more than just the community engagement on this forum. MK has always been a great social game and Forza is obviously big at that too, albeit for different reasons. 

There's no concern re tone. It's cool. I just thought that there are a number of games that get swept under the carpet when these discussions roll around and I was too tempted to play list wars.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Are we next-genning now? I lost my flounce months ago.
  • Nah, Cinty isn't someone I've ever seen argue so I don't think this is anything other than a friendly discussion. Over semantics. :p
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cinty - fwiw the Switch is not region locked.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Cinty - fwiw the Switch is not region locked.

I know - I was talking about the 3DS, which is even more unforgivable.
  • I'm still gutted games like Steel Empire and Scram Kitty never came to Australian 3ds and wii u despite getting pal versions. Fucking censorship board fees preventing a lot of indie releases from being worthwhile in such a small market.
  • Vela wrote:
    I'm still gutted games like Steel Empire and Scram Kitty never came to Australian 3ds and wii u despite getting pal versions. Fucking censorship board fees preventing a lot of indie releases from being worthwhile in such a small market.

I had to check what Scram Kitty was - looks fun.

I assume Aus 3DS share regions with the rest of Asia? Or no?
  • I'm pretty sure its New Zealand & Europe.
  • Aus shares regions with EU due to historical PAL TV standards and possibly racism.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Black-and-white or colour, you can't win.
  • poprock wrote:
    Edge seem to really dig arms.

They really do.

C-RDu2ZWsAInPsu.jpg

Editorial from the above mag for anyone interested
    Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Just here to add my friend code 5968-6525-4678
  • Had a look at the ARMS article in Edge on Friday and they referred to it as Nintendo's first in-house versus game since Urban Champion.  Was Smash not in-house, and if it was, what's the technicality on that non being a 'versus' game?  Multiple characters?
  • It's quite a specific passage. I thought about smash too but actually that was developed by HAL and later namco.
  • Ahhh.  Wikipedia lists HAL as 'closely affiliated' with Nintendo, didn't realise they don't count as an in-house team.  They've put in a good shift for Nintendo over the years, some good games on their list.
  • https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_Dojo

I mean regardless the statement wasn't true anyway.
  • Has one of the oddest trailers I've seen.

• It's a really fun game almost all because of putting yourself in the game and creating your own hadouken shouts.
  • It looks equally shit and fantastic.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • What about the Punch Out game on the Wii?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That was Next Level games who did the awesome Luigis Mansion on 3DS and then the not awesome Metroid Federation Force
  • If that counts so would the NES and SNES games.  

There's a chance I've got the Edge quote all wrong, haven't got the mag here.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm reading Edge right now in the airport. Direct quote is -

"Arms, the company's first internally developed versus-fighting game since 1984's Urban Champion."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    However snes punch out would be Nintendo I think
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Although Punch Out is only one player so not a versus
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It's true. I was vaguely thinking about a Switch, but I genuinely can't think of a single Nintendo game that would convince me to jump at £300. Even my Wii U which I only got at Christmas after not owning a Wii has very rapidly turned into a dust collector.

I agree with cinty and Yoss, switch will only ever be a niche console, not the main thing

Anyway, this was a fun watch.

https://youtu.be/d5i4j6WlwAc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!