Nintendo Switch
  • If you prefer games like Yakuza, or Ico, or The Witcher 3, or Shenmue, or Forza, or Gears of War, or Gone Home...I don't see anything ever appearing on an Nintendo console that will change that.
    games like Yakuza

No More Heroes
    or Ico

Pandora's Tower
    or The Witcher 3

I'll concede this, until Skyrim if its a good port. Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut is closest to a WRPG.
    or Shenmue

What system since gen 4 does? Aside from Yakuza... but there are similarities in games like Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing and Majora's Mask with character routines, seasons and detailed interiors. 
    or Forza

Ferrari Challenge (sim) or Excite Truck (offroad)
    or Gears of War

Disaster: Day of Crisis, Resident Evil 4
    or Gone Home

Hotel Dusk
    I don't see anything ever appearing on an Nintendo console that will change that.

These sorts of games have already appeared.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • None of the examples you give appeal in the same way as you think they do.

And I was referring to Shenmue 3.
  • Plus you changed FNF to Forza in general - there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.
  • id say fzero fills the shenmue gap quite nicely.
  • id say fzero fills the shenmue gap quite nicely.

He has a point, to be fair.

I mean, if I get that Halo itch I can just boot up Wii Sports Resort.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    None of the examples you give appeal in the same way as you think they do. And I was referring to Shenmue 3.

But they'll appeal to many others.  Cool for them then.
    Get schwifty.
  • Secret switch game wants:

I'm going to buy fifa/pes, but a more arcadey football game would be brilliant.
    Football Manager, while we're at it.
    Shmups with vertical support like the PSP did.
    Metroids of any form
    Smash bros
    New Virtua Tennis or Mario equivalent
    Same with a golf one
    OUTRUN WOULD BE AMAZING ON THAT SCREEN OH MY GOD

Honestly fuck a dark souls. Yes I'm being selfish.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    id say fzero fills the shenmue gap quite nicely.
    He has a point, to be fair. I mean, if I get that Halo itch I can just boot up Wii Sports Resort.

When I get a craving for lemonade, I just reach for a yellow rock, glass pipe, and hit on that lit shit, yo'.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I'm not bothering with a wish list. Nintendo got this.
    Should make E3 all the more exciting.

Can't wait for a full unveiling of Project Octopath...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Raiziel wrote:
    None of the examples you give appeal in the same way as you think they do. And I was referring to Shenmue 3.

But they'll appeal to many others.  Cool for them then.

And I'm pretty sure that was my exact point.

Let me rephrase: Nintendo exclusives can't make other consoles look bad because they don't offer what those games offer. Nintendo exclusives make Nintendo consoles look good. But no one into the likes of the games I listed will regret the purchase of their console because a game of that specific type generally doesn't appear on Nintendo hardware and that's fine.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Nintendo ... once the software starts flowing.
    Ahahahahahahahaha!

Nice.  Once Switch is Nintendo's only platform then I think the exclusives will probably flow very nicely, and they'll almost certainly make the other platform holders look quite bad by comparison.

I don't see it as a competition, tbh, but they'll have the best lineup of Nintendo-style games for sure. I don't mean that dismissively - if you like Mario Kart, and the Party games, and the sports spinoffs, and Animal Crossing and the 2D and 3D platformers, it'll be fantastic.

If you prefer games like Yakuza, or Ico, or The Witcher 3, or Shenmue, or Forza, or Gears of War, or Gone Home...I don't see anything ever appearing on an Nintendo console that will change that.

Who has the best exclusive output is such a subjective opinion anyway- but I doubt anyone who bought a PS4 for Sony's inhouse stuff, or someone who bought an Xbox for FNF is gonna feel that Mario Sports 7 or Pokemon [insert colour here] makes their console of choice's selection look bad.

Yep, just checked:

Read the first para - that was my exact point.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That's cool.  The ahahahaha seemed pretty darned derogatory was all.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's the new IP I'm looking for. Splatoon was really good, and Arms looks pretty interesting. It's the young uns coming through that makes this my most anticipated console.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Hence why I expanded upon and clarified my point when you pulled me up on it.

Nintendo will make great Nintendo games.
    There will be some really cool 3rd party stuff that I'll have a hankering to try.
    I'll buy a Switch eventually for the above 2 reasons specifically.
    The games will not be the same as output on other consoles but will, nonetheless, still be loved by people who enjoy them.
    They still have region-locked portable consoles in 2017.
    They think Federation Force is a Metroid game.
    One of their forthcoming killer apps is Skyrim.
    I reserve the right to laugh at Nintendo.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm not bothering with a wish list. Nintendo got this.
    Should makes E3 all the more exciting.

Ninty have said that they aren't doing a presentation at E3. They may have one of their direct things planned.
  • I doubt anyone who bought a PS4 for Sony's inhouse stuff ... is gonna feel that Mario Sports 7 or Pokemon [insert colour here] makes their console of choice's selection look bad.

In fairness, I think that there is a lot of crossover between people who like Sony's in house stuff and Nintendo's in house stuff. I certainly think Switch will appeal more to PS4 owners than Xbone for the most part.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Hence why I expanded upon and clarified my point when you pulled me up on it. Nintendo will make great Nintendo games. There will be some really cool 3rd party stuff that I'll have a hankering to try. I'll buy a Switch eventually for the above 2 reasons specifically. The games will not be the same as output on other consoles but will, nonetheless, still be loved by people who enjoy them. They still have region-locked portable consoles in 2017. They think Federation Force is a Metroid game. One of their forthcoming killer apps is Skyrim. I reserve the right to laugh at Nintendo.

I had no idea Skyrim was one of their 'killer apps'.  I thought that was just a port coming to the console. Mario Odyssey might just be the killer app I thought they had coming up.  Maybe not.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Hence why I expanded upon and clarified my point when you pulled me up on it. Nintendo will make great Nintendo games. There will be some really cool 3rd party stuff that I'll have a hankering to try. I'll buy a Switch eventually for the above 2 reasons specifically. The games will not be the same as output on other consoles but will, nonetheless, still be loved by people who enjoy them. They still have region-locked portable consoles in 2017. They think Federation Force is a Metroid game. One of their forthcoming killer apps is Skyrim. I reserve the right to laugh at Nintendo.

I had no idea Skyrim was one of their 'killer apps'.  I thought that was just a port coming to the console. Mario Odyssey might just be the killer app I thought they had coming up.  Maybe not.

It was featured prominently on both the reveal trailer and the reveal keynote. How many other things that were "just a port" got that honour?
  • Skyrim does have a ubiquity that extends beyond the sphere of gaming though. It was a hook for the casuals.
  • I mean, wasn't that Bethesda Bod one of like, what 3, English speakers at that keynote - next to EA dude and Reggie?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    But it is just a port.  Is anyone under a different allusion?
    Get schwifty.
  • I mean, wasn't that Bethesda Bod one of like, what 3, English speakers at that keynote - next to EA dude and Reggie?

Never underestimate how loony people go for that Bethesda shit
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Try not to be too disparaging of those us that love Bethesda's games, Tempy.
    Get schwifty.
  • People can like whatever they want, I go loony for Monster Hunter. Let's not pretend everyone doesn't have their one personal thing they all go overboard for, or act like it's a bad thing.
  • Plus you changed FNF to Forza in general - there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.

Mario Kart
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • None of the examples you give appeal in the same way as you think they do. And I was referring to Shenmue 3.

You said shenmue. Where's the moving goalposts gif when you need it. 

I'll grant you shenmue 3 if it comes out. And I say that as someone who backed it on ks.
  • Vela wrote:
    Plus you changed FNF to Forza in general - there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.

Mario Kart

Mario Kart 7 thread - 169 pages over 5 years.
    Forza Horizon 3 - 220+ pages over 10 months.

I repeat:

there has never been a racing community as strong around a Nintendo game as the Forza Horizon group, and I think you know that.
    Vela wrote:

You said shenmue. Where's the moving goalposts gif when you need it. 

I'll grant you shenmue 3 if it comes out. And I say that as someone who backed it on ks.

I was talking about games on current gen systems - so I thought the 3 would be implied. But yeah, that's my error, not yours.

Note:

Tone is hard to tell and stuff so I wanna state explicitly now that I'm writing this in a chatty way, not an antagonistic way. I'm sure you're not either - I just don't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick.
  • Mario Kart 8 portable. Miracle machine.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can't be arsed to boot up MK8 at home, TBH.
  • just prepping a nintendo account since i've skipped both wii U and 3ds....therefore do I need a nintendo network ID or was that just for those devices?
    i've created a 'my nintendo' account...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!