#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    What would you all like from Metroid? A new Super or a new Prime? Or another risk like Other M?

Prime 4.
    Get schwifty.
  • Oh yeah, Prime. No question.
  • You can at this moment get the Neon from Amazon for £260 using code VG20OFF150
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • And a fiver off Mario Kart using VG5OFF40
  • Prime 3 and Other M were both doing Metroid wrong, so maybe it's best they let it die.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I definitely don't want a reskinned Zelda for Metroid. That wouldn't work. Need something new, or a new Prime at the very least.
  • I genuinely think this is why we haven't seen Metroid for a while.
    I don't think Nintendo know what to do with it. They really should have just bought up that remake thing and put it in a fancy case with some amiibo support.
  • I don't think that's the case, I really think it's sales.

They're happy enough to make four NSMB games because they sell a lot and make a lot of money.

They'd be churning out Metroid and F-Zero if they sold.

Sad truth is... they don't.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • For folks who like F Zero get Fast RMX - it's great
  • Hopefully some of the Nindie devs will request to resurrect the fan service franchises and create high quality EShop Pilotwings/Starfox/1080 games - glossy, lower priced and faithful. 

Odd that Nintendo keep churning out Pikmin games if 1.63m is the highlight of the IP.
  • I wouldn't really call a third one 10 years after the second churning them out tbh.

Might help that it seems to be Miyamotos little baby. I guess he has enough clout to green light certain things even if they don't make the most sense financially.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I am sure Fast Racing is great, it certainly looks it but a lot of what I like in F Zero is the characters and music, the whole presentation appeals a lot to me. FR will probably fill the gameplay void but it won't quench my thirst.
  • Like your nindie idea though. Like the Sonic Mania story basically.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I wouldn't really call a third one 10 years after the second churning them out tbh. Might help that it seems to be Miyamotos little baby. I guess he has enough clout to green light certain things even if they don't make the most sense financially.

Hey! Pikim too.  It's probably the keep Miyamoto sweet thing though.
  • Eh, it's just a 2D platformer spin off isn't it?

Whilst I appreciate it's still Pikmin I don't think you'll find many Metroid fans happy with Federation Force.

Spin offs tend to be cheap cash ins, and a 2D platformer on a winding down 3DS with a 66M user base is just that imo.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It is, but aren't Star Fox Command/Federation Force/Triforce Heroes considered part of their respective franchises?
  • Thanks to Kernowgaz's £35 thing I now have two Switch games and no console.  If Tesco or Amazon restock the grey console can someone put up the Moot signal please.
  • Let's just not think about Federation Force.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It is, but aren't Star Fox Command/Federation Force/Triforce Heroes considered part of their respective franchises?

You just missed my edit.

Yeah of course they are technically but if that's the case then doesn't that mean we've had our Metroid fix for the next 5 years?

There's a reason we're still clamouring for a new one.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thanks to Kernowgaz's £35 thing I now have two Switch games and no console.  If Tesco or Amazon restock the grey console can someone put up the Moot signal please.

Are coloured joycons really that bad? Your daughter might like the colours ;-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Didn't factor in fan happiness, just used Pikmin as an example of Nintendo still dabbling with certain comparatively low selling franchises.
  • Thanks to Kernowgaz's £35 thing I now have two Switch games and no console.  If Tesco or Amazon restock the grey console can someone put up the Moot signal please.

I couldn't do it, the grey one is one of the nicest looking consoles I've laid eyes on.  Plus if I get the neon ones she'll want to play it, and it's too expensive for destructive toddlers.  She's got her own GBA SP now anyway.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Didn't factor in fan happiness, just used Pikmin as an example of Nintendo still dabbling with certain comparatively low selling franchises.

Maybe @Liveinadive is right then and they just don't know what to do with Metroid seeing as we had one last year.

I just think logically sales must be the deciding factor and spin offs like Hey Pikmin and Federation Force are low cost bones to throw ravenous dogs who just want some regular Pedigree Chum.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thanks to Kernowgaz's £35 thing I now have two Switch games and no console.  If Tesco or Amazon restock the grey console can someone put up the Moot signal please.

I couldn't do it, the grey one is one of the nicest looking consoles I've laid eyes on.  Plus if I get the neon ones she'll want to play it, and it's too expensive for destructive toddlers.  She's got her own GBA SP now anyway.

Toddlers will want to touch anything. Get Neon and educate her that "no. You mustn't touch".

Long term parenting benefits :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I'd like them to do something new. they seem to have hit upon a rich seam of doing new things and pulling it off

• I'm greedy, I want ARMS and F-Zero :-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Sales will of course be a factor but I think FF shows they are struggling a bit with Metroid.
    Who knows they may have something in development right now but I think the next time we see a proper Samus Metroid it will be a new concept. 
    I think it will be more likely that they come up with an idea for a game and decide Metroid would suit it than a scenario where they sit down and say "right, Metroid 2019, ideas?".
  • Ok, a on-rails 3rd person shooter like Sin & Punishment (2) but you're Samus and it's v arcadey and fast-paced and amaze fx is everywhere and is 4-5hrs long and costs £20 and has episodic DLC of themed level packs around past Metroids.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!