PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sorry
  • You should be. Next time copy it to Imgur or something like a good boy so everyone else can too.

:p
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Switch Online. I just did the trial for the main account to play Minecraft with my lad, but it doesn't work for his account that's on the same Switch. Do you have to get a membership per account rather than per machine like Xbox and Ps4???
  • I thought the PS4 And Xbox ones were per account too...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    You can get a family membership and have multiple people on the same Switch online payment, but I don't know if it works across accounts or across machines.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • As soon as I finished hollow knight (well, stopped playing once I finished the proper last boss and got stuck on nightmare king Grimm), I downloaded Hyper Light Drifter, which I’ve wanted to play for a while now.

Downloaded on Monday, absolutely loved the style, the music, started to get used to the combat and it just... ended. Finished in about 7 hours, and to be honest, didn’t find it particularly difficult. Did they make changes for the switch version? I was expecting a bit more, and heard it was quite a challenging game. Is there loads more after doing all 4 areas and the last boss? I got most obvious upgrades and hidden bits and pieces, am I missing something?

I think my biggest disappointment is that I was really enjoying it and want to do loads more, but also don’t want to just replay everything again.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I finished it but didn't have all the whatevers that you can collect. So suspect there could be a chunk more if you want it. I think there were doors I couldn't unlock, say...
  • Oh the key things? Yeah I got a few of them, guess I could go looking for them/use a guide etc. I saw there was an unlock challenge that required dashing 800 times and thought ‘fuck that’ as I could only get up to about 70 at best.
  • Hltb.con has The Gardens Between at 90 mins to finish. Can anyone confirm? I want it and the discount is solid but £12 for an hour and a half would be a no.
  • I've seen one review clocking it at three hours - but a very good three hours.
    SFV - reddave360
  • As soon as I finished hollow knight (well, stopped playing once I finished the proper last boss and got stuck on nightmare king Grimm), I downloaded Hyper Light Drifter, which I’ve wanted to play for a while now. Downloaded on Monday, absolutely loved the style, the music, started to get used to the combat and it just... ended. Finished in about 7 hours, and to be honest, didn’t find it particularly difficult. Did they make changes for the switch version? I was expecting a bit more, and heard it was quite a challenging game. Is there loads more after doing all 4 areas and the last boss? I got most obvious upgrades and hidden bits and pieces, am I missing something? I think my biggest disappointment is that I was really enjoying it and want to do loads more, but also don’t want to just replay everything again.
    I went through every area a second time and found plenty of stuff I'd missed first time. There are 8 triangle pieces in each area, not just the 4 you need to get through.

There's nothing especially difficult that I recall, but it's fun enough exploring.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hltb.con has The Gardens Between at 90 mins to finish. Can anyone confirm? I want it and the discount is solid but £12 for an hour and a half would be a no.

I can confirm that it’s not a very long game - perhaps around 2 - 3 hours but I didn’t really time it to any accuracy. It’s not actually all that good tbh. First impressions were amazing as I love the aesthetics. It just never really expands it’s move set beyond back and forwards. Like literally, that’s it. There’s nothing to think about and it isn’t doing anything clever enough elsewhere to make it fully worth its cost.
    It’s a shame as I think I’ll enjoy whatever these devs put out but they really needed to expand on what this game was gonna be. It’s just too slight and this coming from someone who thinks Burly Men at Sea and Old Mans Journey are a perfect length.
  • I'll wait for a bigger discount then, thanks. I thought Burly was a perfect length too, but I paid £3ish.

Severed starts well, the battle system is a sort of touch version of Panzer Saga's.
  • Axiom Verge is okay so far. Music, the standout.
  • Also Strikers 1945 Plus has horrific slowdown. Worst I've seen on the Switch, which is a surprise as ZeroDiv usually produce quality ports.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Is it intentional? Metal Slug 2 has the slow down left in on purpose. (Metal Slug X being the enhanced remake that got rid of the slow down and rejigged the enemy placement.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Well I only played the Japanese arcade version. I did think it was probably intentional, but there's other modes to try and ZeroDiv's other ports have been super lickety split. Will go back to it soon enough to see what's what.
  • I've got a frankly ridiculous amount of Switch games now, had a shufty at the full library tab last night.  Close to 50, including carts.  Very few duffers too. 

Quite liking the weird 89-91p pricings on some of the sale titles.  One Strike is a bit crap, for example, but I've had my 89p's worth.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s Diablo Switch week everyone! Huzzah! Feels like I haven’t played my Switch in an age. Switching between Diablo on handheld and Red Dead on the telly, I reckon that’s my winters’ gaming all sorted.
    Get schwifty.
  • Fuck I’m going to double dip
    The Forum Herald™
  • Me and the gf did Xmas lists and this was top of mines.
  • I'm not buying Diablo on a third platform. I'm not buying Diablo on a third platform. I'm not buying Diablo on a third platform.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • i've been tasked with finding a 'game for christmas' for the kids....would Mario Party get a recommendation for a 7 and 9 year old to play together? i'm not really keen on buying extra joycons so it would be limited to just the 2 players at a time.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • They'd be good ages for the game, but with two AI characters filling the slots it might get old quick.  The actual board game part is annoyingly not as good as it clearly could be - which I gather is a bit of a thing for Mario Party games - but even with the hard to shake 'missed opportunity' feeling it's still plenty of fun with four.  They might love it with two, but I know I wouldn't.
  • Yeah. There’s also a co-op mode which can get them to work together if you want to avoid fights (possibly).
  • Cheers.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • i've been tasked with finding a 'game for christmas' for the kids....would Mario Party get a recommendation for a 7 and 9 year old to play together? i'm not really keen on buying extra joycons so it would be limited to just the 2 players at a time.

switch 1-2, mariokart or just dance?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Mario kart is a no brainer game. It really should be a pack in.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!