PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm hoping it'll tide me over until Streets or Rage 4. Wulverblade or Tiny Barbarian might be a good fit for my next co-op game with retroking.

I'm tempted with Severed at £5 too, I forgot to download it on Vita when it was a PS+ game (I know I said this about Abzu recently, but it's really not a habit - the facepalms hurt though).

My wife played severed on 3DS and she said it's a Stormer. I'd trust her.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Stuff worth flagging up, for me, anyway -

Outlast 2 is £13

Inside is £12

Residential Revelations 2 is £12

Bloodstained is £6

Limbo is £6

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 is top, I played that through several times. Up there with 7 and 4 from the main series.

Outlast 2 can get to fuck, though.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Chicken Range is £18. Bargain.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm hoping it'll tide me over until Streets or Rage 4. Wulverblade or Tiny Barbarian might be a good fit for my next co-op game with retroking.

I'm tempted with Severed at £5 too, I forgot to download it on Vita when it was a PS+ game (I know I said this about Abzu recently, but it's really not a habit - the facepalms hurt though).

My wife played severed on 3DS and she said it's a Stormer. I'd trust her.
    I don’t .. played it .. it’s nothing special and it’s really dated it’s like one of those really old 3D games on spectrum where you move one whole square at a time and can only turn through 90 degrees
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I get what you're saying, it's an isometric dungeon crawler. A couple of caveats on that though - I guess number one is my wife had never played on of those before so it was new to her. The second was that the touch mechanics really resonated with her, and I guess (at least in handheld mode) they can be recreated on switch.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    RER2 has all the DLC included, double bargain.

Also Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is £34.99, which is the price is should have been in the first fuggin place.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Severed is great. Some minor irritations aside it's a very well designed and original game.

The 90 degree turning thing is part of a combat system where you're attacked from multiple sides and have to keep the enemies at bay by switching between them. A bit like plate spinning, but with more variety. It's very smart and a good use of touch screen controls (I've no idea how it would work without).
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Also Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is £34.99, which is the price is should have been in the first fuggin place.

Now we’re talking. Half-term hunting is go.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah boy. A few others that seem good -

Floor Kids is down to £11

Rive is down to £6

Wulverblade is down to £9

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is down to £6
  • Gunvolt Burst any good? I though the 3DS one was a bit too lightweight. Mini Gunvolt maybe? I forget. Would be up for a more fleshed out mini version of Gunvolt.
  • JonB wrote:
    Severed is great. Some minor irritations aside it's a very well designed and original game.

The 90 degree turning thing is part of a combat system where you're attacked from multiple sides and have to keep the enemies at bay by switching between them. A bit like plate spinning, but with more variety. It's very smart and a good use of touch screen controls (I've no idea how it would work without).

I don't think it does work without, I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned as the only undocked only Switch game.
  • Has no-one seen the news that Banjo is in Smash?  I’d have thought that was quite a big thing?
  • It's no longer a surprise when anyone's announced for Smash. It'll be Master Chief and Nathan Drake soon.
  • I’m not in smash,
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly wrote:
    What a great bargain tbh fucking mega Man X

I'm enjoying the MM11 demo too.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Has no-one seen the news that Banjo is in Smash?  I’d have thought that was quite a big thing?

I didn’t think it was official - there was a leak but no smash direct to announce it.
  • The last Smash Direct is still going on, some weeks later. It was announced during that.
  • I just assume there's been a constant broadcast about Smash going on since E3, whether or not anyone's watching it. I'm half expecting to find out I'm a character in the game at this point.
  • Is GTAV coming to Switch? Was ERE having us on?
  • I might buy smash if they had a chippy middle aged Scottish man who spends too long on an Internet forum.
    My power up would be going to bed early
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I've forgotten to buy Windjammers.

Hopefully have time tonight pre-FNF. Need a montage.
  • My Switch wont seem to charge either the pro controller or joy cons on the charging grip via USB-c.

I can recharge them via a mobile phone adaptor off the wall, but not from the switch dock.

Any suggestions?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Is the dock charging the pro controller when the switch isn't in it? Could just be the cable or the connection port in the dock
    SFV - reddave360
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is GTAV coming to Switch? Was ERE having us on?

I believe he was yanking our cranks.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently the CEO said it was during an interview (so not a formal announcement) but when I looked for a reputable source/quote I kinda struggled to find one? So it might be, but I jumped the gun on posting about it in here, sorry.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Is the dock charging the pro controller when the switch isn't in it? Could just be the cable or the connection port in the dock

Seems that it isnt charging in either circumstance. I have tried with the two cables that came with the controller/switch. I have a third usb to usb c cable somewhere.

Not sure if its software or just a bad dock/cable, or if anyone else had another solution to test aside from cable bingo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    My Switch wont seem to charge either the pro controller or joy cons on the charging grip via USB-c. I can recharge them via a mobile phone adaptor off the wall, but not from the switch dock. Any suggestions?

My Switch stopped charging in the dock recently, turns out I'd accidentally pulled the USB cable free when rejigging my AV set-up. Make sure everything is still connected. If that doesn't help, I'm shit out of ideas.
  • try taking the powerlead out the dock, and connect direct to the other devices and see if they charge then.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!