Nintendo Switch
  • Sounds good. No new games for me to get means I can concentrate on Pile O Shame. Hopefully.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Mansion will ooze quality for it's 8hr runtime, GotY please Nintendo. The first one was decent but the second one was excellent. I tried Pokémon when Let's Go launched, it's alright but not for me. Animal Crossing isn't something I'll ever play. I'm off Fire Emblem too unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'll be turning my back on it for Mutant Year Zero.
  • MYZ is lovely. Not my type of game but the presentation is excellent.
  • What's Guns, Gore & Cannoli like?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I’m no expert, but I like it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Moot, I'm doing a Thursday night eShop browse with B again, and we just stumbled onto a trailer for Odallus, might be something you'd like.
  • Happy saints row day everyone
    The Forum Herald™
  • What's Guns, Gore & Cannoli like?
    Andy wrote:
    I’m no expert, but I like it.

I bought the original on PSN.  It's quite good, especially in co-op, but I'd imagine the sequel (also on sale at present - even cheaper on PSN) makes it slightly redundant if you're buying now.
  • Nina wrote:
    @Moot, I'm doing a Thursday night eShop browse with B again, and we just stumbled onto a trailer for Odallus, might be something you'd like.

Will take a look, thanks.  I'm back on the Vita at the moment for I Am the Hero (also on Switch).
  • RE Odallus.  There were two or three new 8-bit style games that launched a few weeks ago, that was definitely the most enticing from the vids, looks like it takes inspiration from a lot of games I liked as a kid.  I was so burned by A Hole New World I'm slightly reticent to dive back into the 8-bido-over sub-genre though, as it's tough to tell if these things play right from trailers.  AHNW was genuinely worse than many lesser known NES/MS games, which is such a massive fumble I can't quite fathom how or why it exists.  Perhaps for every Shovel Knight or good half of The Messenger there are stinkers lurking to trick people like me. 

I'll let you know when I inevitably buy it anyway :)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's Guns, Gore & Cannoli like?
    I’m no expert, but I like it.
    I bought the original on PSN.  It's quite good, especially in co-op, but I'd imagine the sequel (also on sale at present - even cheaper on PSN) makes it slightly redundant if you're buying now.

I thought the first one looked much better from the trailer tbf. I think I'll pass for now as I have so much to be getting on with.

Couldn't resist Another World though. I sold the SNES version in my recent cull knowing I'd pick this up at some point, the SNES version was quite a poor port tbh.

The high resolution mode makes the backgrounds and characters at bit at odds with each other unfortunately, but you can switch back to the original graphics at any time which is always a nice feature with these HD remakes/re-releases.

Its one I never got around to completing and the checkpoints are much more forgiving in this version, shouldn't take long to see through.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • i remember another world taking me ages back in the day. ran through it in about 25 mins when they did the "HD" remaster
  • There's a lot of trial and error, one of those games that's a breeze once you know what to do. An ideal speed run game I guess.

I'm not sure on the connection between the two but Flashback always felt like a fully fledged game compared to the tech demo feel of this.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm not sure on the connection between the two but Flashback always felt like a fully fledged game compared to the tech demo feel of this.

Released by the same publisher.
    The Forum Herald™
  • There's a lot of trial and error, one of those games that's a breeze once you know what to do. An ideal speed run game I guess. I'm not sure on the connection between the two but Flashback always felt like a fully fledged game compared to the tech demo feel of this.

yeah i guess, it just felt alooot longer than 25 minutes haha. there is some sort of French connection between the two i think...

wasn't there a sequel to AW?
  • Smang wrote:
    There's a lot of trial and error, one of those games that's a breeze once you know what to do. An ideal speed run game I guess. I'm not sure on the connection between the two but Flashback always felt like a fully fledged game compared to the tech demo feel of this.

yeah i guess, it just felt alooot longer than 25 minutes haha. there is some sort of French connection between the two i think...

wasn't there a sequel to AW?
    Yeah it was released by the same French publisher Delphine
    The Forum Herald™
  • Heart of Darkness was the other game iirc. Was planned as a Saturn game but eventually appeared on PlayStation (as did Fade to Black, a Flashback sequel).
  • Twenty five years on and I've just realised Conrad B Hart/Heart of Darkness and Heart of Darkness/Joseph Conrad is almost certainly a nod of some description.
  • Except it's not, as Wiki suggests the guy who did Flashback isn't the guy who did AW and Heart of Darkness.  ABORT.
  • It’s published by the same french publisher though
    The Forum Herald™
  • Both developed by Delphine Software according to Wikipedia, publishers vary on format/region.

Fade to Black was also Delphine, but there's no connection with Heart of Darkness afaik.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • god fade to black, i'd forgotten that even existed.

it was just PoP with guns anyway :D
  • Eric Chahi - Another World and Heart of Darkness

Delphine Software - Another World, Flashback and Fade to Black.

Flashback

Fade to Black - Flashback sequel, Metallica, Dire Straits.

Spec Ops: The Line - Apocalypse Now, Heart of Darkness.  

Conrad B Hart and Joseph Conrad - no relation.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

Eric Chahi - Another World and Heart of Darkness Ok

Delphine Software - Another World, Flashback and Fade to Black. Cool

Flashback ?

Fade to Black - Flashback sequel, Metallica, Dire Straits. Come again?

Spec Ops: The Line - Apocalypse Now, Heart of Darkness.   What?

Conrad B Hart and Joseph Conrad - no relation. Ok
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Spec Ops The Line is a loose adaptation/take on Heart of Darkness. Just like Apocalypse Now.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It’s also shit
    The Forum Herald™
  • It’s brilliant actually.
  • It really isn’t .. it thinks it is and those who want to think they’re on it are fooled but Its an average cover shooter with a shit story sorry.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Spec Ops is decent, I rarely play remakes but I'd play through a snazzy version of that. Cover shooting was good for the time, some were better but most were worse, plus the enemies didn't suddenly develop armoured heads in the late game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!