Nintendo Switch
  • Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom then.  @mrsmr2 @jonB

It's superb.  I can't take back everything I've said about the inflated asking price, but there's value here.  It seems to be closer to Hollow Knight in terms of length than something like Steamworld Dig 2 - there's a lot of game and a hell of a lot of secrets.  Definitely one of the best modern Metroidvanias for my tastes - the controls feel right (it's not the most pixel perfect experience around, but that's Wonderboy) and the whole thing is mapped out and route planned to perfection.  Keep yer randomised layouts, this is the kind of tight design that feels right to me.  Top bosses and excellent dungeon design too.  £34.99 is too much for what it is in the same way £10.99 is too little for what Hollow Knight is (although neither is definitively 'right' or 'wrong', of course), but if you think you'd like it you'd probably be right.  It's nails too, I've had tough sections and screens, but that *spoilers* lava dungeon is genuinely tough.  It'll be in my top 5 from last year, if I ever update it.
  • I've read quite a few opinions of it. Plenty of people seem properly impressed, although inevitably some aren't.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get to it now, but I'll keep an eye on the price just in case.
  • Monster Boy looks really good, but yes was waiting for a price drop. Which is probably quite inevitable considering I’ve seen that sentiment elsewhere.

I ended up buying Swords of Ditto. The regular difficulty takes away the time limit on runs, which gives you loads of time to explore, but when you hit the final bosses level you then only have 24 hours to get to them to defeat them.

I’m really enjoying it so far, like a Zelda lite really, nothing too complex, and stickers/toys are neat. Haven’t found any awesome toys/weapons yet, and am nearing the level of the boss without having done the ‘anchors’ yet (think dungeons in Zelda botw- they make the final boss easier) so suspect I’ll die and have to do another run.

Thing is, dying regularly just spawns you home, and only dying in the final dungeon forces another run. Since there’s no time limit, I’m still on my first run, which is nearing 4+ hours? I guess I have more knowledge of what to expect and where to crit path now, so subsequent runs will be shorter, but to have a run based game where you lose everything after 4-6 hours seems... odd.

Still, it looks FANTASTIC.
  • to have a run based game where you lose everything after 4-6 hours seems... odd.

Cor blimey.
  • How much item swapping via the menu is in the game? That was an irritant from the demo.
  • A bit, but it's only the pig character who can cast spells, which you'll need to fiddle with via an item wheel.  There's a character wheel too, on the back shift buttons.  It does feel like it should be a bit of a faff, and when I unlocked a third character I did miss the insta-swap for two, but I'm definitely used to it so I can't complain.  Swapping boots and armour etc is maybe a once per hour thing, so that's not really a problem.
  • Ok, that’s not too bad then - it was the boots in the demo I could see being an indication of future pain.
  • I’m 2 and a bit hours into Gato Roboto and it’s the only thing I’ve played on my switch all week.
    Catroid
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah it's quite fun. Wouldn't mind a smidge of colour though. Just to highlight some things
  • Pokémon direct starting shortly for those interested.
  • I watched it, I can’t wait now, looks brilliant
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah me too. I was worried by the previous direct as it looked so much like a slightly higher res Sun/Moon, and after Let's Go I didn't know if that was enough.

However they showed off Pokemon walking about, Raids(!), Giant Pokemans, more Pokemans...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sword 'n' Shield looked a lot better in that trailer. Dynamax looks like a cross between Mega Evolution and Z-Moves.

They're going for collector edition dual packs again!

I'm kinda disappointed it looks like Poke Ball Plus support is out the window.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Visuals look quite nice. Environments aren't a patch on BotW but the Pokémon and characters themselves look good. Still, part of me wonders why three years on from a Wii U game AAA first party cartoon/cel visual stuff has to settle for looking almost as good as what came before.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It me, the money man.

So we will be getting a copy of both in the household as fisher is team sword and I am shield (playing the smart game r.e. trades here)
    but that double pack is what we will get. I'd advise you if you can to grab it. We got the ultrasun / moon double pack with the steel case and it goes for nonsense money these days. Get lit.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Pokézillas!
    Hideous NPCs!!
    Revolting music!!!

Looking forward to it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Man that wool Pokemon looks like it’s hiding some dark internal demon. So good.

I’ll be looking forward to this - not sure whether to get sword or shield atm will wait for the exclusives outside of the legendaries.

I was hoping the spec Ed would be more fruity than what they’ve managed.
  • Bought my son a Switch.

Mario Party any good, he is 7 and his brother is 5.

Need another 2 controllers so myself and the wife can educate them. Is it best to buy the little ones, or the bigger pads?
  • Youd need four little ones if you were all going to play Mario Party (little pads). Some of the minigames use gyro magic. It's solid but it's not amazing - there's plenty of fun to be had with a full quota of players though, and the ages should just about work.
  • If any game needed DLC, Mario Party would be it. Its good fun though.
  • Yep. Stop adding stuff to Kirby and Mario Tennis pls and give us more boards.
  • My Friend Pedro launching June 20th. Looks pretty good.
  • I've been expecting that - thought it might be an E3 launch. Wanted to review it but the timing isn't good.

I wasn't completely sold on it from the earlier trailers though. I wonder how it's going to control.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Let’s do this...

£19.99 is a steal.

C1-ED1368-7530-47-E9-B7-B1-8-EA78-CBACA3-B.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yes yes lad
  • Do you keep playing till you die or is there an end of level type thing ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Do you keep playing till you die or is there an end of level type thing ?

There is a final boss yes
  • Slay the spire is a perfect fit for switch but feel like I have done it to death, I’m also pish at it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I’ve no idea if I’ll enjoy it. Generally dislike turn based games and deck building can get in the bin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!