Nintendo Switch
  • Bought a dongle thing for the bottom of the switch so I can use Bluetooth headphones 
    Works seamlessly but £35 is harsh and there is no charging pass through which is annoying
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • @Moot_Geeza now I'm a snake!

That was a ridiculously fun boss fight too
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Gee I'm going back and forth on how much I enjoy Final Fantasy X.  Think the story and characters are great fun even if it's not always written that well.  Combat is GREAT tag team fun.

But bloody hell, this business with having a long unskippable cutscene before a boss fight can bugger off.  Then after dying it takes another minute just to get back into the game.  It's not a good sign when I have to whip out the phone and open an ebook while playing a game lol.

Also a general JRPG grievance - bosses who are immune to every status ailment except for one.  From now on I'm just reading a gamefaq every time some big f**k off monster starts on me and saving myself half an hour of mucking around!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Vela wrote:
    @Moot_Geeza now I'm a snake!

That was a ridiculously fun boss fight too

The bosses surprised me, very good throughout. One more character and the whole thing jumps from good to great.
  • Bought a dongle thing for the bottom of the switch so I can use Bluetooth headphones  Works seamlessly but £35 is harsh and there is no charging pass through which is annoying

which one did you get? Anyone else recommend one? Does it rinse the battery significantly more?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Bought a dongle thing for the bottom of the switch so I can use Bluetooth headphones  Works seamlessly but £35 is harsh and there is no charging pass through which is annoying

which one did you get? Anyone else recommend one? Does it rinse the battery significantly more?

This one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L9V1FCF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xGhhDbYT8KHFH

Battery seems fine, played Mario maker 2 for 30 mins on full brightness and it used 19% battery
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    £25 !!! - that’s some fucking Switch tax

Yep, for a 10-year old PS3 game (albeit with all the DLC). It’s a good game though but one I never completed and to have it on the move while travelling it seems worth it to me.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Some of the single player levels in Mario Maker 2 are top tier. Probably worth the money alone before you even get to the make bit.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • That Daemon X Machina spec Ed is

Fucking Hawt.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DAEMON-X-MACHINA-2-1024x576.jpg
  • Shame about the game.
  • Super tat
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Even after buying a new cheapy left joycon (hori non wireless) I decided to see how much it would cost to repair the drifting broken original.

Sent to Nintendo, using their freepost labels, a week later they returned it with a note saying they fixed the stick and rail (it was a bit loose I guess, didn’t bother me much) and extended the warranty for 12 months (it was already a year past warranty). All for free!

Very nice and glad I bothered to send it in.
  • Success. What would've happened if they hadn't repaired for free I wonder, an invoice + do you wish to proceed email?
  • Yeah that’s what the email said, they would take a look and see what it would cost to repair, and you can pay or they’ll just send it back.

Was waiting for the bill to see how much but got a ‘it’s on it’s way back’ instead.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So apparently Yo-kai Watch 4 is coming to the West but it seems they want to localise a movie that it would be beneficial to watch before playing a game before they release the game.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I’ve been waiting for Skies if Fury DX to be on sale for ages. I thought it would be a looong time until I got it, because I reckoned it would maybe come on sale at ten or fifteen percent off, before going back to full price, and maybe coming in at 30% off another year later or something.

It’s 50% just now, and it’s absolutely excellent.
  • Crimson Skies minus the terrain but it does look pretty good.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Monster World is huge. Just got the third transformation and gee that is satisfying to traverse with.
  • Andy wrote:
    I’ve been waiting for Skies if Fury DX to be on sale for ages. I thought it would be a looong time until I got it, because I reckoned it would maybe come on sale at ten or fifteen percent off, before going back to full price, and maybe coming in at 30% off another year later or something. It’s 50% just now, and it’s absolutely excellent.
    Skill trees and 'hundreds of unlockables' stopped me from buying it after viewing the trailer yesterday.  Seemed a bit perk heavy.  I'll take another look today.  From the current sale it's either that, Guac 2 or something else I wrote down that I can't remember the name of off-hand.
  • Vela wrote:
    Monster World is huge. Just got the third transformation and gee that is satisfying to traverse with.

Possibly my favourite character, but each one from here on in is great.  It's a big game, but the sheer size of a couple of the dungeons really surprised me.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Skill trees and 'hundreds of unlockables' stopped me from buying it after viewing the trailer yesterday.  Seemed a bit perk heavy.  I'll take another look today.

The ‘skills tree’ is more of a ‘buffs tree’. You can increase clip size, improve reload times, increase the damage caused, increase critical hit chances, etc. There’s a sort of ‘frenzy’ mode you can occasionally use after filling the bar, but you get more XP at the end of the mission for not using it. The hundreds of unlockables are largely cosmetic: you unlock planes as you gain XP, then you win loot boxes which contain either different skins for the planes or different sights, both of which you can ignore if you want. If you get a duplicate from a box, it replaces it with some XP.
  • I'm more than ready for a new dogfighting game, excluding a couple of hours with Il-2 Sturmovik on 360 I think the last one I played in earnest was Wing Arms on Saturn.  I'm in.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Which monster world dya mean?
  • The one that's not really called Monster World.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm more than ready for a new dogfighting game, excluding a couple of hours with Il-2 Sturmovik on 360 I think the last one I played in earnest was Wing Arms on Saturn.  I'm in.

All these fucking Star Wars games and they haven’t had the guts to give us a new X-Wing, the only good things to come out of that franchise
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The one that's not really called Monster World.

Wonder Boy? Is that the newest of those rereleases? Good entry point??
  • KOTOR was ok.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    The one that's not really called Monster World.
    Wonder Boy? Is that the newest of those rereleases? Good entry point??

As good as any, but a deep appreciation would probably require an affinity for the series.  Buy a Switch and I'll lend it to you.

Edit: It's not a rerelease though, same template as Wonderkingdom III but a new game.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm more than ready for a new dogfighting game, excluding a couple of hours with Il-2 Sturmovik on 360 I think the last one I played in earnest was Wing Arms on Saturn.  I'm in.
    All these fucking Star Wars games and they haven’t had the guts to give us a new X-Wing, the only good things to come out of that franchise

It's an expensive way to fly, but the single VR mission they added to the first Battlefront game is worth experiencing if you ever get the chance.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!